Where in The World?

Pepper's Ghost

I’ve never understood why, all these years later and all the concrete work since, they haven’t made those match the rest of the concrete in the area. Most people nowadays don’t even know what they used to be.

It’s where the pylons used to be for the Sky Way.
Well, I can 'splain why they never fixed those to match the surrounding concrete... so that they can be used as a mysterious feature to be identified in the "Where in the World" thread many years later. Duh. 😁

Since Disney not removing and matching is truly inexplicable, my guess is so that it can be a mysterious easter egg years later, like they do with so many other things. As we all know Disney historically has liked to hide things, or leave small hints of the parks' past for future befuddlement.

Smiley/OCD

Well, I can 'splain why they never fixed those to match the surrounding concrete... so that they can be used as a mysterious feature to be identified in the "Where in the World" thread many years later. Duh. 😁

Since Disney not removing and matching is truly inexplicable, my guess is so that it can be a mysterious easter egg years later, like they do with so many other things. As we all know Disney historically has liked to hide things, or leave small hints of the parks' past for future befuddlement.
They are fancy, not so secret manholes to the utilidors…

Pepper's Ghost

They are fancy, not so secret manholes to the utilidors…
Brilliant! My guess is that rather than a ladder down, it's a chute the slides down like Skywalker in the Cloud City in The Empire Strikes Back...

Luke down the chute.gif

JoeCamel

Back in the day Disney used to build for the ages and used super tie concrete for the footings. Worked great but its drawback is it hardens so much it can't be altered again so it stays forever

Pepper's Ghost

Back in the day Disney used to build for the ages and used super tie concrete for the footings. Worked great but its drawback is it hardens so much it can't be altered again so it stays forever
Sincere question: "forever"? Like in a million years some beings will dig them up and discuss in wonder about an ancient city that once stood there? Surely they can be demolished some way. I agree with the old adage... they don't make 'em like they used to.

JoeCamel

Sincere question: "forever"? Like in a million years some beings will dig them up and discuss in wonder about an ancient city that once stood there? Surely they can be demolished some way. I agree with the old adage... they don't make 'em like they used to.
Nope, they are part of the old magic and cannot be changed with any known method so we get flagstones in concrete.

Hey it works as well as any other explanation doesn't it?

Pepper's Ghost

Nope, they are part of the old magic and cannot be changed with any known method so we get flagstones in concrete.

Hey it works as well as any other explanation doesn't it?
Sounded like you were being serious getting all technical and stuff. I didn't realize it was satirical. 😁

I kind of like the idea of we people being able to build something that in thousands or millions of years, will be discovered and pondered on. Think of stuff they've found over the last 100 years+ and every "expert" gives their interpretation of what it was used for. Then one day in the year 1,002,022 someone discovers the below and says it was used a million years ago as the location to sacrifice virgins to the "Mouse God". Although, future beings won't know the origins of the Mouse God of course. It will all be speculation.
witw.jpg

Smiley/OCD

Sounded like you were being serious getting all technical and stuff. I didn't realize it was satirical. 😁

I kind of like the idea of we people being able to build something that in thousands or millions of years, will be discovered and pondered on. Think of stuff they've found over the last 100 years+ and every "expert" gives their interpretation of what it was used for. Then one day in the year 1,002,022 someone discovers the below and says it was used a million years ago as the location to sacrifice virgins to the "Mouse God". Although, future beings won't know the origins of the Mouse God of course. It will all be speculation.
View attachment 662736
Nah, the Yeti will scare them away…by then, it should be working…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom