Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Disney Crazed

We’re supposed to be going in September too, but it’s not going to happen.

In related news, I got all of my ADR cancellation emails today. One after another ... all day long. 🙁
That is sad. Dad also got all our ADR cancellations as well. Dad and Mom are saying as of now we are going to be troopers and stick it out. There is still a few months to go and this thing is crazy.

Mike S

Soooooooo, I found out just now why she might have been preoccupied. I saw an update from her in my feed after getting home from work and it seems a family member passed away. I sent her condolences letting her know I also lost a family member 6 months ago with my grandfather...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I just watched The WDW Couple on YT at UOR AP Preview today. Nope, nope, nope.

We won’t be visiting any parks until masks are optional outdoors. Inside the American Adventure or IdF, no problem. Outside in the sun, criss-crossing the parks in 90 degree weather ... not gonna do it (in my best Dana Carvey voice).

Josh was really struggling with the mask today, and it’s only early June with super low crowds.

We did our first curbside pickup at Walmart today, and then went to the butcher’s. Mike forgot his mask, so I went in alone. All of the staff were wearing masks and gloves, but of the 10+ customers in the store, only two of us were wearing them.

The owner’s daughter is a school mate of Spenser’s and has been making masks. She’s donated 2400 to charity already, and has just started selling them. I bought two. I washed them already and tried one on. Super comfortable. (I really love my candy heart pattern one, but it’s just way too big for my face. If I don’t get around to somehow tightening the straps, Spenser has already called dibs.)

I was wearing my mask for 20 minutes tops today, and that was quite enough, thank you.

Songbird76

I'm of the mind I'd rather be prepared 😂😂 my sister used to take hour long showers. We only had one bathroom and we all ended up just peeing in the yard because we couldn't hold it long enough for her to finish 😂😂
This is why I insisted we needed the toilet downstairs. There's no extra shower or anything, but you've GOT to have a toilet that is not connected to the place where everyone showers. And a 2nd is really handy if someone is sick.

When we were getting ready to move in, we had to do a lot of renovating. Over here, when you move, you have to take everything with you....flooring, curtains, take down wallpaper, etc unless whomever bought the house asked to keep them and pay for it. So the house was stripped down and we had to do a lot of work on it. I have always told my husband that I NEED a bathtub. Bathtubs are rare here...houses are too small. So we had the bathroom upstairs and the toilet downstairs, which is no bigger than a closet. And I wanted a washer and dryer. So we had a closet upstairs that sits right next to A's room, which is over the kitchen. We asked a contracter and a plumber to look at it to see if we could put a water fixture in that closet and run it through the kitchen below so I could put a washer in there, and they said yes. It would be really easy.

So my in-laws had been helping with all the work like sanding, painting, wallpapering, etc. My MIL was insistent that I could not have a bathtub AND a washer and dryer, AND a dishwasher, AND a 2nd toilet. She told me I had to choose...I told her I didn't. We had worked it out, and that the closet would house the laundry. She said it didn't have a water source/drain. We explained that they were going to make one. Then she'd call me every few days to tell me she had a solution! I could put the laundry facilities in the bathroom! No, I can't, because that's where the bath goes. "Well, you just won't be able to have a bathtub." Yes, I can, if I put the laundry in the closet. Then she'd call me "I have a new solution!! You can take out the toilet downstairs, and put your laundry in there!" No, because we WANT the extra toilet, and I'm not walking up and down the stairs every time I have a load of laundry. The laundry will go in the closet on the landing. "But it doesn't have a water source or a drain!" We've told you before, we're having one made! Then she called me again "I have a new solution! You can put the laundry in the kitchen where there's a water source already!" NO! That's where the dishwasher goes, and I don't want dirty underwear in the kitchen where food is prepared....that's gross! And again, I'm not climbing the stairs every time I have a load of laundry! "Well, then you're just going to have to give up your bathtub so the laundry can go in the bathroom." No, the laundry is going in the closet! "But you don't have a water source or drain there!" I was getting so aggrevated.

So then the contracter came and wanted a tour to see what needed to be done, and I don't remember what I was busy with, but my MIL volunteered to give him the tour. I happened to walk by just as she was pointing to the bathroom saying "And this is where the laundry will go." and I stopped and said no, that wasn't correct, that closet there is where the laundry will go, and this bathroom will be where the bathtub goes. It turned out she didn't think it was fair that I was going to have all that in my first house, because SHE didn't have that in HER first house, and she had to walk to the attic to do her laundry. (We don't even HAVE an attic.) I was like...this isn't our first home! We lived in the US for a year and a half, we lived with them for 3 years and had NOTHING of our own. But even so, why can't I have what I want when I pay for it myself and worked for it? We're giving up a whole bunch of storage space so that WE, the people who are paying for everything and who will actually live here, can have what WE want. Yes, it's a small house, but it's OUR house, and it has to work for US. You don't get a vote!

Songbird76

He’s one of the 73.3%!
That stat is actually for the whole city, in my sales area, it’s probably upwards of 95%.

No, I think he wanted to know the last names of his neighbours so he could discern from which part of India his neighbour hailed. Almost all Sikhs are Punjabi, but not all Punjabi are Sikh. He needs a last name to figure it out.
Do you think the other builders actually did give him names, or was he lying to pressure you? It's so sad that someone would be like that. It shouldn't matter.

Songbird76

So, at the beginning of last month I decided to use Facebook to reach out to a girl I used to sit next to in college. She’s actually the first girl I worked up the nerve to ask out. She let me down easy letting me know she had a boyfriend but continued to sit next to me and talk throughout the rest of the semester without ever making anything awkward. She was really nice. About a year and a few months later I randomly met up with her again while working at a Pizza place in a mall. Of course I was embarrassed as I was being seen by her in a stupid uniform but again she was nice to me and didn’t make anything awkward. When I looked her up last month it seemed like she was single now so I decided to send her a message stating who I was and basically just saying hi. About two weeks go by with nothing until I figured out that when you send someone a message through Facebook and you’re not their friend they’ll have to go through extra steps to even see it so I did what I probably should’ve done in the first place and sent a friend request. She accepted last Thursday and after that I was able to see that yes she is actually single now. I sent another shorter message on Friday but the first message also fully sent alongside it so I quickly wrote a third explaining the first was a few weeks old even though she’d probably see the date anyway. I’ve only really asked how she’s been over the years to keep it pretty casual. I’m able to see that she’s read them but I haven’t gotten a response yet. She’s still my friend though so I’m not sure what to think. I’m not even sure why I’m telling you guys this.
Well, the ball is in her court now....not much you can do. But she accepted the friend request, so that's good. As for being in a stupid uniform when she saw you the once, that wouldn't have mattered to me...at least it said you had a job. And if you were pretty young, soooooo many college students get stupid jobs where they have to wear unflattering uniforms or perform tasks they wouldn't necessarily want an audience for. I worked as a custodian, with all the glamour that entails, like scrubbing toilets and scraping boogers and chewed gum from underneath desks, etc. That someone is willing to work hard for little money is not a negative....it's work ethic and a willingness to work your way up.
I hope she gets in touch with you!

NYwdwfan

This is why I insisted we needed the toilet downstairs. There's no extra shower or anything, but you've GOT to have a toilet that is not connected to the place where everyone showers. And a 2nd is really handy if someone is sick.

When we were getting ready to move in, we had to do a lot of renovating. Over here, when you move, you have to take everything with you....flooring, curtains, take down wallpaper, etc unless whomever bought the house asked to keep them and pay for it. So the house was stripped down and we had to do a lot of work on it. I have always told my husband that I NEED a bathtub. Bathtubs are rare here...houses are too small. So we had the bathroom upstairs and the toilet downstairs, which is no bigger than a closet. And I wanted a washer and dryer. So we had a closet upstairs that sits right next to A's room, which is over the kitchen. We asked a contracter and a plumber to look at it to see if we could put a water fixture in that closet and run it through the kitchen below so I could put a washer in there, and they said yes. It would be really easy.

So my in-laws had been helping with all the work like sanding, painting, wallpapering, etc. My MIL was insistent that I could not have a bathtub AND a washer and dryer, AND a dishwasher, AND a 2nd toilet. She told me I had to choose...I told her I didn't. We had worked it out, and that the closet would house the laundry. She said it didn't have a water source/drain. We explained that they were going to make one. Then she'd call me every few days to tell me she had a solution! I could put the laundry facilities in the bathroom! No, I can't, because that's where the bath goes. "Well, you just won't be able to have a bathtub." Yes, I can, if I put the laundry in the closet. Then she'd call me "I have a new solution!! You can take out the toilet downstairs, and put your laundry in there!" No, because we WANT the extra toilet, and I'm not walking up and down the stairs every time I have a load of laundry. The laundry will go in the closet on the landing. "But it doesn't have a water source or a drain!" We've told you before, we're having one made! Then she called me again "I have a new solution! You can put the laundry in the kitchen where there's a water source already!" NO! That's where the dishwasher goes, and I don't want dirty underwear in the kitchen where food is prepared....that's gross! And again, I'm not climbing the stairs every time I have a load of laundry! "Well, then you're just going to have to give up your bathtub so the laundry can go in the bathroom." No, the laundry is going in the closet! "But you don't have a water source or drain there!" I was getting so aggrevated.

So then the contracter came and wanted a tour to see what needed to be done, and I don't remember what I was busy with, but my MIL volunteered to give him the tour. I happened to walk by just as she was pointing to the bathroom saying "And this is where the laundry will go." and I stopped and said no, that wasn't correct, that closet there is where the laundry will go, and this bathroom will be where the bathtub goes. It turned out she didn't think it was fair that I was going to have all that in my first house, because SHE didn't have that in HER first house, and she had to walk to the attic to do her laundry. (We don't even HAVE an attic.) I was like...this isn't our first home! We lived in the US for a year and a half, we lived with them for 3 years and had NOTHING of our own. But even so, why can't I have what I want when I pay for it myself and worked for it? We're giving up a whole bunch of storage space so that WE, the people who are paying for everything and who will actually live here, can have what WE want. Yes, it's a small house, but it's OUR house, and it has to work for US. You don't get a vote!
You’ve mentions before that she’s - I’ll use “difficult” - but wow - that’s next level.

Mike S

Well, the ball is in her court now....not much you can do. But she accepted the friend request, so that's good. As for being in a stupid uniform when she saw you the once, that wouldn't have mattered to me...at least it said you had a job. And if you were pretty young, soooooo many college students get stupid jobs where they have to wear unflattering uniforms or perform tasks they wouldn't necessarily want an audience for. I worked as a custodian, with all the glamour that entails, like scrubbing toilets and scraping boogers and chewed gum from underneath desks, etc. That someone is willing to work hard for little money is not a negative....it's work ethic and a willingness to work your way up.
I hope she gets in touch with you!
I got a response when sending my condolences for her lost cousin. Now I guess I need to leave it for a while to let her grieve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom