Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

MINIMAL makeup. Lol. It took me about 43 seconds to do top eyeliner and a sweep of mascara and that’s inly because I dropped the eyeliner and it rolled away a little.
I was originally attracted to my wife partially because she didn't use makeup. I hated kissing lipstick. I was looking on You Tube the other day and they had pictures about Paul and Linda McCartney. She looked so much better without makeup. She wasn't a wreak with it either, but I have simple tastes!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Just finished up a Zoom call. Purchaser managed to tick me off, which is fairly hard to do at work.

P: One last question, I need to know who my neighbours are.
Me: Sorry, privacy legislation does not permit me to tell you that.
P: Well, other Builders have told me.
Me: Then other Builders are breaking the law.
P: I need to know what kind of people are buying.
Me: Two arms, two legs, one head ... just like you.
P’s wife: I don’t appreciate you making light of our question.

My old partner Al used to say: Hookers, lepers, and drug dealers. What’s your preference?

In light of the current racial unrest, curfews, and multiple deaths, I found the question remarkably tone deaf. Quite frankly, if he doesn’t end up signing, I won’t be that upset.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Just finished up a Zoom call. Purchaser managed to tick me off, which is fairly hard to do at work.

My old partner Al used to say: Hookers, lepers, and drug dealers. What’s your preference?

In light of the current racial unrest, curfews, and multiple deaths, I found the question remarkably tone deaf. Quite frankly, if he doesn’t end up signing, I won’t be that upset.

We used to have a townhouse in an area some drug dealers lived. Not where they worked, so there weren't a lot of druggies around. But we routinely watched SWAT do visits. It was free entertainment 😂😂 and they really weren't that bad of neighbors

Songbird76

And it should. It has killed a lot of people when they didn't wake in time or over time because the heart enlarges because it is working twice as hard to circulate oxygen which can easily lead to heart failure. It isn't to be played with. It is a very serious thing. I remember not wanting to do it either, but when I fell asleep at the wheel one time and came within an inch of driving into a major ditch I woke up for good, (figuratively). I understand the dread, as it can be a pain in the butt, however, like everything else we get used to it. Unless I'm sitting up watching TV I can no longer fall asleep without it. I also remember going in to be fitted for a mask (there are a whole bunch of small options now) and saying to the nurse.. "Wow, this thing is going to really interfere with my love life". She replied that "she didn't know about me but that she preferred that particular activity when she was awake." The fact the my wife was finally getting a full nights sleep and was rested, more then made up for the inconvenience of what I might have looked like while asleep with the mask. At least get him tested. Personally I was stopping breathing 85 times an hour. No wonder I was always tired. It was seen that my heart had enlarged to the size of the Grinch before I started to use it. After about a year, it was back to normal size.
My brother has a cpap and I remember when he came over here when I first moved here, he had problems with the Cpap because of the outlets...and he said the first time he used it, he tried to roll over in his sleep and it bruised his face. I think my husband is kind of worried about how to travel with it and such.

Songbird76

Why does it matter?? Either you like the house or you don't. People move...just because you love your neighbors today doesn't mean they won't move tomorrow. And just because you don't like them doesn't mean they'll be there forever. What does he mean by "Other builders"? Is he looking at a lot of different houses, or does he move a lot?

Songbird76

We used to have a townhouse in an area some drug dealers lived. Not where they worked, so there weren't a lot of druggies around. But we routinely watched SWAT do visits. It was free entertainment 😂😂 and they really weren't that bad of neighbors
People watching is fun. I remember when I was in high school, we got out the binocolars and watched the cops bust a kid who was a year younger than I was. Our kitchen window faced one of the main streets and that's where they pulled him over, and one of our friends had a police scanner, so we were on the phone with her and we were watching while she was telling us what the scanner said. Great entertainment.

I live in a lower income area of our town because it was what was available and we were desperate to move. It's been really nice. We're kind of on the outskirts of town and the house is really small by American standards, but we have nice neighbors, a lot of whom are foreign, so I don't stand out at all. It was kind of cool when my daughter went to school...her class was very diverse. There was a girl from Aruba, a couple of kids from Somalia, Turkey, Morocco, Poland, Syria, Suriname, Egypt. A had a kid in his class from France, there was a woman from Belgium around the corner from us, as well as a Polish family, and the first neighbor we met was from the Phillipines. Out next doors are all from Turkey. It's just a really diverse neighborhood....there's absolutely nothing wrong with having neighbors who aren't like you! I was really offended when we were still house hunting and my in-laws said they'd never let us raise their grandchildren in an area with a lot of foreigners. First off, we don't need your permission to buy a house wherever WE want. Second, we didn't even have kids then. And third, in case you haven't forgotten, -I- am a foreigner!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My brother has a cpap and I remember when he came over here when I first moved here, he had problems with the Cpap because of the outlets...and he said the first time he used it, he tried to roll over in his sleep and it bruised his face. I think my husband is kind of worried about how to travel with it and such.

I figure he already knows this, but there are electrical voltage adapters for various countries. I recall years ago when I visited Ireland, I had a small box of adapters that I brought with me. (The only thing I needed them for was just my hair dryer at the time.)

However, when my friends and I travelled from B&B to B&B across the country, all of them had loaner hair dryers for our use! :hilarious:

(Hence, I didn't need my adapters after all, but I did try one just to see if it worked, and it did. :) )

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Why does it matter?? Either you like the house or you don't. People move...just because you love your neighbors today doesn't mean they won't move tomorrow. And just because you don't like them doesn't mean they'll be there forever. What does he mean by "Other builders"? Is he looking at a lot of different houses, or does he move a lot?

Usually when people are asking about the neighbors, they aren't along about their personalities..... Another way you'll hear this phrased is: how are the schools?

People watching is fun. I remember when I was in high school, we got out the binocolars and watched the cops bust a kid who was a year younger than I was. Our kitchen window faced one of the main streets and that's where they pulled him over, and one of our friends had a police scanner, so we were on the phone with her and we were watching while she was telling us what the scanner said. Great entertainment.

I live in a lower income area of our town because it was what was available and we were desperate to move. It's been really nice. We're kind of on the outskirts of town and the house is really small by American standards, but we have nice neighbors, a lot of whom are foreign, so I don't stand out at all. It was kind of cool when my daughter went to school...her class was very diverse. There was a girl from Aruba, a couple of kids from Somalia, Turkey, Morocco, Poland, Syria, Suriname, Egypt. A had a kid in his class from France, there was a woman from Belgium around the corner from us, as well as a Polish family, and the first neighbor we met was from the Phillipines. Out next doors are all from Turkey. It's just a really diverse neighborhood....there's absolutely nothing wrong with having neighbors who aren't like you! I was really offended when we were still house hunting and my in-laws said they'd never let us raise their grandchildren in an area with a lot of foreigners. First off, we don't need your permission to buy a house wherever WE want. Second, we didn't even have kids then. And third, in case you haven't forgotten, -I- am a foreigner!!

How big is your house? My house is small by American standards, but almost all the houses in my neighborhood are. Mine comes in at 1k sq ft. We have about 650 sq ft on the main floor, and then A has a really cute loft in the attic:

received_617974915460873.jpeg
received_232509054844379.jpeg

It's plenty of house for us, but my friends definitely thought i was crazy moving is into such a small house 😂😂

Goofyernmost

I went all over Europe with it, even on the trans-atlantic cruise. Before I went I purchased a set of outlet adapters ($10.00 aprox) and never had a single problem with it. They also sell battery packs to operate them when power isn't available like camping. Plane travel requires that you open it up at TSA but they have seen so many now that it is just open glance in and say OK. Since it is considered medical equipment you can carry it on along with your regular carry on. It has never been a problem. In the states I always carry an extension cord if the outlets are not in convenient places. That is also just be included in the Cpap carrying case provided. On the cruise they provided the extension cord as well as the distilled water for the humidifier, should that be necessary. As far as the bruise incident is concerned either he had the most sensitive skin on the planet or he fell out of bed on his face. There is no other way it can harm anyone. The parts that touch ones face are soft pliable contacts that seal around the outlines of ones face. It isn't doing any bruising on it's own. Besides that they now have a huge variety of units from full nose and mouth cover to tiny nose pillows (that's my preference now). Unlike the early days, the machines now are quiet and, from experience, any one in close proximity cannot even hear it along with no longer hearing window rattling snoring and delayed breathing. Yes, it is a minor pain to deal with but really doesn't create any reason to be scared of it. At the very least equal fright should be shared with a drastically shortened life span without it. Now that, to me, is scary.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Usually when people are asking about the neighbors, they aren't along about their personalities..... Another way you'll hear this phrased is: how are the schools?

How big is your house? My house is small by American standards, but almost all the houses in my neighborhood are. Mine comes in at 1k sq ft. We have about 650 sq ft on the main floor, and then A has a really cute loft in the attic:

View attachment 474280
View attachment 474281

It's plenty of house for us, but my friends definitely thought i was crazy moving is into such a small house 😂😂

We live in a (rented) townhouse and it's very small. But I far prefer small living spaces, as it really makes you pare down a lot of unnecesary items, that we really don't need. Our bedroom is similar to the above (dormer), but I put the bed at the highest wall, as I don't care for a slanted roof above where I wake up in the morning. ;)

NYwdwfan

Never poop sell where you live, I suppose.

My daughter had a friend from Turkey and they spoke Turkish at home. She was on her phone one day speaking fluently and it was mesmerizing. The cadence of the language was just so interesting to listen to.

View attachment 474280
View attachment 474281

That looks very similar to a house I almost bought. The sellers didn't have a Certificate of Occupancy for the lofted space and my bank wouldn't approve the mortgage without it so we had to keep looking but it was SUCH a cute house!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Never poop sell where you live, I suppose.

My daughter had a friend from Turkey and they spoke Turkish at home. She was on her phone one day speaking fluently and it was mesmerizing. The cadence of the language was just so interesting to listen to.

That looks very similar to a house I almost bought. The sellers didn't have a Certificate of Occupancy for the lofted space and my bank wouldn't approve the mortgage without it so we had to keep looking but it was SUCH a cute house!

That's such a bummer!! I hate when people build things without permits because if you love it you still have to tear it down. My friend bought a house with the sweetest wraparound deck. She went to have a builder cover it and the city made her rip the whole thing out and rebuild from scratch because it wasn't permitted or built to code

NYwdwfan

That's such a bummer!! I hate when people build things without permits because if you love it you still have to tear it down. My friend bought a house with the sweetest wraparound deck. She went to have a builder cover it and the city made her rip the whole thing out and rebuild from scratch because it wasn't permitted or built to code
We had some local scandals a few years back where unscrupulous (dang - spellcheck says that's correct - go me!) contractors were claiming to file paperwork for c/o's and pool permits (and collecting the fees) but never actually filed the paperwork. The town was going after the homeowners and it was a big old mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom