Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@JenniferS , How is your walking progressing -- stairs, sidewalk curbs, etc.? Curious: how many weeks do the medical people estimate it will take for you to walk normally again (without assistance from a cane or walker)?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS , How is your walking progressing -- stairs, sidewalk curbs, etc.? Curious: how many weeks do the medical people estimate it will take for you to walk normally again (without assistance from a cane or walker)?
I can walk without a cane no problem, but with a significant limp. Put a cane in my left hand ... no limp.

Probably a few months until I am walking unaided without a limp, provided my knee co-operates.

In other news, I showered, got dressed, and even put on a spritz of Layla today. For no reason. 😉

I go for my two week follow up with the surgeon tomorrow morning. Walking from the hospital entrance to the post-op clinic will be the longest stretch of walking I’ll have done for more than 2 1/2 weeks. And then, pancakes at Denny’s.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I can walk without a cane no problem, but with a significant limp. Put a cane in my left hand ... no limp.

Probably a few months until I am walking unaided without a limp, provided my knee co-operates.

In other news, I showered, got dressed, and even put on a spritz of Layla today. For no reason. 😉

I go for my two week follow up with the surgeon tomorrow morning. Walking from the hospital entrance to the post-op clinic will be the longest stretch of walking I’ll have done for more than 2 1/2 weeks. And then, pancakes at Denny’s.

You are recovering so quickly!! (However, I realize that for 100% healing, it will be a few months.)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You are recovering so quickly!! (However, I realize that for 100% healing, it will be a few months.)
To be fair, I was about 15-20 years younger than just about everyone on the ortho recovery floor.

Also, as much as I like to joke about how exceedingly lazy I am, I was actually fairly active right up until I broke my leg in December 2018. Just because I don’t “exercise” doesn’t mean that I don’t exercise.

While the average age for total hip replacement has come down in recent years, it’s still 68.4 for men, and 68.1 for women in Canada.

I’m 52.5. Age, attitude, and overall general health are major factors in recovery. You worked in a hospital setting, so I’m not telling you anything new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom