Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Nothing graphic, but for those of you who had no idea how a hip replacement prosthetic works ....

View attachment 449304

Before I started this process, I had no idea the femur was hollow.
I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but isn't the center of any bone where the bone marrow is located? I always imagined it as a jell type substance so that device would probably be able to easily just slid in and then have the real bone form around. Just a guess because you must be older then me because I still have the original. How is it all feeling at this point. Are you able to put weight on it yet?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but isn't the center of any bone where the bone marrow is located? I always imagined it as a jell type substance so that device would probably be able to easily just slid in and then have the real bone form around. Just a guess because you must be older then me because I still have the original. How is it all feeling at this point. Are you able to put weight on it yet?
I’m mostly walking totally unaided. Frankenstein-style, except with my hands ready to clutch walls and furniture, instead of straight out.

Rough night last night, but I’ve come to realize that was my fault. I’ve been sitting upright for the past two days, instead of lying on the couch. I thought I was doing well by being upright. Nope, totally still supposed to be lying with my legs elevated.

You know, they give you these post-operative instruction booklets for a reason. I thought I had that sucker memorized, but clearly not.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’m mostly walking totally unaided. Frankenstein-style, except with my hands ready to clutch walls and furniture, instead of straight out.

Rough night last night, but I’ve come to realize that was my fault. I’ve been sitting upright for the past two days, instead of lying on the couch. I thought I was doing well by being upright. Nope, totally still supposed to be lying with my legs elevated.

You know, they give you these post-operative instruction booklets for a reason. I thought I had that sucker memorized, but clearly not.

Well, despite a few bumps in the road, it does sound very much like you're making some great progress!! :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
On of the best tributes I’ve seen in my life 😢

And here’s the original for those who don’t know the song.

💕💕 Oh my gosh, that was wonderful. I listened to both versions all the way through. The US Army Band version is definitely going onto my iTunes playlist.

Due to CanCon regulations, this song played in heavy rotation when I was 19/20, and yet, I’m not sure I’ve ever fully listened to the lyrics before. Mike found out yesterday that a childhood friend he hadn’t seen in years passed away, and every emotion of that song played out on his face as heard the news.

Not going to lie - I’d always just assumed it was Kate Bush doing the female backup. It’s not.

In unrelated news, totally on schedule, it would appear that I have entered the weepy stage of my recovery.

NYwdwfan

ADRs made. Got everything but Cali which was oddly not on the restaurant list in MDE. Booked Narcoossee’s instead. Also added Oga’s since I remembered it existed when I was scanning the list for Cali. We are booked at Skipper’s Canteen, Oga’s for lunchtime, B&C, Via Napoli, Yachtsman, ohana, LTT and BOG lunch last day. I also checked the website for Cali and couldn’t find any available times in June, July or August. Is there a refurb scheduled?

NYwdwfan

I have a Cali ADR in July.
Narcoosee's is great too!
And FYI, Oga's is more 'light snacks' than an actual lunch.
Well that’s good to know - we want an ADR for 6 so I guess it’s just not available - I’ll keep checking back. We haven’t been to Narcoossee’s in years but I do remember loving it. The kids like the fireworks after Cali so that’s why we’ve been going there. Yeah I thought Oga’s was mostly drinks - we will definitely need food elsewhere.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You can watch the fireworks from the outdoor deck of Narcoosee’s (soundtrack is piped in) and the view is better than Cali because not only are you closer, the reflections off the water are gorgeous!
Mike and I do Narcoossee’s (with fireworks) for our last dinner every trip.

He’s totally willing to switch things up every year ... with the exception of “our special night” at Narcoossee’s.

PUSH

Original Poster
Got let out of school early today due to the weather. Roads weren't as bad as I was expecting driving home. I guess that's a win. Today was also my long afternoon with no breaks, so I'll definitely take it. But I'm also getting the feeling that we are not going to have a full snow day this year.

NYwdwfan

Got let out of school early today due to the weather. Roads weren't as bad as I was expecting driving home. I guess that's a win. Today was also my long afternoon with no breaks, so I'll definitely take it. But I'm also getting the feeling that we are not going to have a full snow day this year.
Schools are closed here this week for midwinter break.

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
We have no breaks from winter break until spring break. But our spring break is at the end of March, rather than April. Then after spring break we have have the Monday after Easter off, then Memorial Day. Then summer break!
I am a first grade teacher and our Spring Break falls this school calendar year from March 23-27. Our Winter Break was from December 23rd 2019 to January 1st 2020.

PUSH

Original Poster
Thoughts? Initial reaction is I like the extra gold, but for some reason the gold in the windows at the top looks off.

1581974751156.png

I don't know which I like better.

1581974694586.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom