Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I grew up in a Miracle Whip household. Now we’re Hellman’s people.

My secret ingredients are diced dill pickle and a healthy squirt of ranch dressing.
So you had to ruin the benefit of Hellman's by introducing ranch dressing, which by the way is probably only one spice away from being Miracle Whip! And PICKLES, how gross. And yet, you won't eat Tomatoes. That is why Cananada and the US are two different countries. ;)

Personally I think that the only way to make egg salad is with eggs, a tiny amount of onion, a quick spritz of yellow mustard and Hellman's. Absolutely nothing else except perhaps a sprinkle of Paprika. That's good eatin, is what that is! 🥪 It is so good, in fact, that I just convinced myself that I should have that for lunch today. 👍

NYwdwfan

So you had to ruin the benefit of Hellman's by introducing ranch dressing, which by the way is probably only one spice away from being Miracle Whip! And PICKLES, how gross. And yet, you won't eat Tomatoes. That is why Cananada and the US are two different countries. ;)

Personally I think that the only way to make egg salad is with eggs, a tiny amount of onion, a quick spritz of yellow mustard and Hellman's. Absolutely nothing else except perhaps a sprinkle of Paprika. That's good eatin, is what that is! 🥪 It is so good, in fact, that I just convinced myself that I should have that for lunch today. 👍
I think I can imagine ranch over mustard. And I agree with the paprika. I'm a mayo, salt, pepper, paprika kinda girl.

Goofyernmost

Interesting. I usually just devil my eggs with salt/pepper/paprika/mayo. Sensing a pattern?
Try it sometime. Just remember it is easy to overdo the mustard. Start small and work your way up to where you just barely taste it. To much will ruin it and you will find out how come they use mustard to induce vomiting in poison events.

I have always put mustard in my deviled eggs and, not surprisingly, the only thing my family asks me to bring to family gatherings is deviled eggs. I have found the thing they will miss about me when I am gone. The legacy is sealed.
The smaller the goals the easier they are to "nail it".

Goofyernmost

Try it sometime. Just remember it is easy to overdo the mustard. Start small and work your way up to where you just barely taste it. To much will ruin it and you will find out how come they use mustard to induce vomiting in poison events.

I have always put mustard in my deviled eggs and, not surprisingly, the only thing my family asks me to bring to family gatherings is deviled eggs. I have found the thing they will miss about me when I am gone. The legacy is sealed.
The smaller the goals the easier they are to "nail it".
I feel I should clarify, the mustard is mixed in with the cooked yoke, mayo and onion and then stuffed in the cavity in the egg. It is not put across the top like a NY hot dog. And also the above mention of onion is only for egg salad, my deviled eggs do not contain onions.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Properly prepared egg salad for a sandwich:

1 hard boiled egg, chopped up
2-3 tablespoons of Hellman's
Mix together, and put on bread.

YUM! :hungry:

trr1

"REE DRUMMOND's deviled eggs
1 dozen eggs
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons chopped pickles
1 teaspoon pickle juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Salt and black pepper
Paprika, for sprinkling

1. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the eggs, then bring to a boil. Using a slotted spoon gently lower the eggs into the boiling water. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat and run under cold water until completely cooled.
  2. Peel the eggs, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a medium bowl. Add the mayo, mustard, pickles, pickle juice, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste, and mix with a fork until well combined.
  3. Using a small spoon, fill each egg white half with a generous teaspoon of filling. Lightly sprinkle with paprika to garnish. "
I would put chopped bacon pieces and or Frenches fried onions on top of this

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
"REE DRUMMOND's deviled eggs
1 dozen eggs
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons chopped pickles
1 teaspoon pickle juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Salt and black pepper
Paprika, for sprinkling

1. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the eggs, then bring to a boil. Using a slotted spoon gently lower the eggs into the boiling water. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat and run under cold water until completely cooled.
  2. Peel the eggs, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a medium bowl. Add the mayo, mustard, pickles, pickle juice, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste, and mix with a fork until well combined.
  3. Using a small spoon, fill each egg white half with a generous teaspoon of filling. Lightly sprinkle with paprika to garnish. "
I would put chopped bacon pieces and or Frenches fried onions on top of this
Do I see ... pickles?!? Ha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom