Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I don’t get it.

ETA - Never mind, yes I do. Hard to read in a car.
I got it, but I am still having a hard time figuring out why anyone would have a need to past date. Could be my mind isn't criminal enough. That's kept me out of jail for 71 years, so far, so I've got that going for me. 😇

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
I'll take that! :cool:

As for this weekend, unless my mind is playing tricks on me, didn't it used to go like:
Saturday 1 AFC wild card game, 1 NFC wild card game
Sunday 1 AFC wild card game, 1 NFC wild card game
Yes, it did. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they did it differently this year to assure all AFC teams get the same time to prep before games and rest after games. Same for NFC. I actually like it. I've often wondered how having one more day of rest and/or prep would affect teams in the playoffs.

InnKpr

Yes, it did. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they did it differently this year to assure all AFC teams get the same time to prep before games and rest after games. Same for NFC. I actually like it. I've often wondered how having one more day of rest and/or prep would affect teams in the playoffs.
Makes sense to me. Can't argue that change.

PUSH

Original Poster
Watching Tom Hanks on the Golden Globes. Such a great actor. They showed a clip of the final scene in Captain Phillips. Maybe the single greatest clip of acting I've ever seen. I don't get emotional very easily, but that scene made me tear up. Gotta love Tom Hanks.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Mike is back to work tomorrow, so I’m making egg salad for his lunch. I make really, really good egg salad, but I have to Google how to hard boil the eggs. Every. Single. Time.

It’s a little embarrassing actually.

Goofyernmost

Mike is back to work tomorrow, so I’m making egg salad for his lunch. I make really, really good egg salad, but I have to Google how to hard boil the eggs. Every. Single. Time.

It’s a little embarrassing actually.
As it should be. Boiling water is a pretty basic cooking skill I thought!

NYwdwfan

As it should be. Boiling water is a pretty basic cooking skill I thought!
Believe it or not there's a science to cooking eggs where if you mess up the timing or don't shock it in ice water after the appropriate cooking time they are next to impossible to peel.

Not that you asked, but I put the eggs in the cold water (with at least an inch of water above the eggs) and add some baking soda to the water. Once it hits a full boil I cover the pot and leave it on the hot burner for 12 minutes. Then the eggs are placed into an ice water bath until they cool. Easy peeling perfectly cooked eggs every time.

Goofyernmost

Believe it or not there's a science to cooking eggs where if you mess up the timing or don't shock it in ice water after the appropriate cooking time they are next to impossible to peel.

Not that you asked, but I put the eggs in the cold water (with at least an inch of water above the eggs) and add some baking soda to the water. Once it hits a full boil I cover the pot and leave it on the hot burner for 12 minutes. Then the eggs are placed into an ice water bath until they cool. Easy peeling perfectly cooked eggs every time.
Still, not that many steps and only one ingredient if you don't count water, baking soda and ice. I just started doing the ice bath thing recently. I used to put the pot with the eggs under cold running water. Just like with the ice bath sometimes they peeled easily, sometimes they didn't. Personally I think that peeling part has more to do with the age of the eggs. The fresher they are the harder they peel. And that's no yoke! ;):p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom