Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Still younger than you, my friend. 😘
Being my age is like becoming a teen. Everyday you find some new thing sprouting off your skin and nobody listens to you. On the plus side being 71 feels exactly the same as being 70! Jennifer, your age is, or can be, a new start and a bunch of new adventures. Pleasant ones if you wear the armor I sent you.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a new YT obsession - watching people cut their own hair. The bigger the fail, the harder I laugh.

The best part is that almost every single video starts with “I know this is a bad idea ....”

Hee hee . . . I've actually done that! (Came out kind of uneven in the back. :p ) You see, it was the balancing act between holding the hand-held mirror with one hand, behind my head (so I could see what was going on in the larger bathroom mirror in front of me), while the other hand was cutting hair straight across the back. What could go wrong? 🤔

Boojiboo

Being my age is like becoming a teen. Everyday you find some new thing sprouting off your skin and nobody listens to you. On the plus side being 71 feels exactly the same as being 70! Jennifer, your age is, or can be, a new start and a bunch of new adventures. Pleasant ones if you wear the armor I sent you.
I haven't reached the sprouting off the skin stage yet thank god. I just turned 13 five days ago. I can wait for that like forever. I do hear ya about nobody listening to me though.

Boojiboo

Today is Friday. Most say Yippee and Cheer for that. I say it is one less Friday of Summer and one day closer to the first day of 8th Grade school. Ugh

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don’t know if this is a thing in other communities, but in Brantford there is a painted rock movement.

You make them, find them, hide them, share pics of them on the painted rocks FB group ....

My SIL “hid” this one on my front porch to make sure I “found” it.

81F49250-837D-440E-A9F3-0A413AD19270.jpeg

AE2EFBA9-9EBB-45F6-927B-1312DCB6E1A2.jpeg

PUSH

Original Poster
I don’t know if this is a thing in other communities, but in Brantford there is a painted rock movement.

You make them, find them, hide them, share pics of them on the painted rocks FB group ....

My SIL “hid” this one on my front porch to make sure I “found” it.

View attachment 398759

View attachment 398760
Our school did something similar two years ago. We made Kindness Rocks, and the kids could hide them around town or give them to someone. If you found one you could keep it or give it to someone. We also made a rock garden out in front of the school where kids could take one if they wanted.

SteveBrickNJ

Today is Friday. Most say Yippee and Cheer for that. I say it is one less Friday of Summer and one day closer to the first day of 8th Grade school. Ugh
In the town I teach in (just like in many places)...8th graders are part of a Middle School...6th, 7th, and 8th grades. If your school is like that, won't it be cool to be the oldest? The students the younger ones look up to?

Last edited:

Boojiboo

In the town I teach in (just like many places)...8th graders are part of a Middle School...6th, 7th, and 8th grades. If your school is like that, won't it be cool to be the oldest? The students the younger ones look up to?
It is like that. I guess that part will be the coolest part. The part that is not so cool is that it is soooooooooooo long and boring and than I have to go home and do homework on top of it.

SteveBrickNJ

It is like that. I guess that part will be the coolest part. The part that is not so cool is that it is soooooooooooo long and boring and than I have to go home and do homework on top of it.
Maybe join something. Chorus. A sport. A club. Anything. That way school will not just be a building that is the source of boredom. It will also be the building that houses your fun activity. And btw....no charge for this counseling session😂😂😂😂😂

Boojiboo

Maybe join something. Chorus. A sport. A club. Anything. That way school will not just be a building that is the source of boredom. It will also be the building that houses your fun activity. And btw....no charge for this counseling session😂😂😂😂😂
I am in Chorus and that is my fav class. I also do the Spring Musical too and that is fun. We don't have sports teams in our Middle School or I would do swimming. I am going to do that in High School next year.

SteveBrickNJ

I am in Chorus and that is my fav class. I also do the Spring Musical too and that is fun. We don't have sports teams in our Middle School or I would do swimming. I am going to do that in High School next year.
Well I'm glad you are in stuff.:cool:My daughter is in band and chorus. She used to do plays too but now she works at McDonald's and she doesn't have time.

Goofyernmost

I haven't reached the sprouting off the skin stage yet thank god. I just turned 13 five days ago. I can wait for that like forever. I do hear ya about nobody listening to me though.
I hope you don't, but there are many acne laden teens around. If you are one of the lucky few it will skip you. I don't have pimples anymore, but what I do have after 7 decades are unidentifiable things. Now that one you are a long, long, long way away from so just enjoy your next 6 decades. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom