Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Mike S

and selfies....don't get me started! Anyway you'll love this next picture...View attachment 373350
Not to ruin a cute moment but those people are stupid beyond belief. Always treat a bear cub as if it’s a dangerous full grown bear, because a dangerous full grown bear is very likely to be near that cub.

There might be strength in numbers but I still wouldn’t take the chance. I’d stay put in the car with the engine running ready to accelerate when needed.

Goofyernmost

Not to ruin a cute moment but those people are stupid beyond belief. Always treat a bear cub as if it’s a dangerous full grown bear, because a dangerous full grown bear is very likely to be near that cub.

There might be strength in numbers but I still wouldn’t take the chance. I’d stay put in the car with the engine running ready to accelerate when needed.
It's called survival of those that can run the fastest. I think I told the story of a lady that I saw go up to a full grown bear that was foraging in a garbage site and poke it in the ribs with a crust of bread trying to get the bear to look her way so she could get a picture. This was in a state park that encouraged people to go to that garbage area in the early evening to watch the bears. The lady turned out to be lucky enough that even the bear thought she was to stupid to bother with and ignored her. The rest of us, observing from a safer distance were kind of disappointed. We hoped that we could change her name to stumpy.

Mike S

It's called survival of those that can run the fastest. I think I told the story of a lady that I saw go up to a full grown bear that was foraging in a garbage site and poke it in the ribs with a crust of bread trying to get the bear to look her way so she could get a picture. This was in a state park that encouraged people to go to that garbage area in the early evening to watch the bears. The lady turned out to be lucky enough that even the bear thought she was to stupid to bother with and ignored her. The rest of us, observing from a safer distance were kind of disappointed. We hoped that we could change her name to stumpy.
I’d go for Eileen ;)

NYwdwfan

What a great past few days it's been having @Nemo14 and her husband in town. My only gripe is that it went by too fast

While I won't spoil the AWESOME bear adventure from today (Nemo has some incredible pictures coming), I will say this, our grand finale meal of this TN Meetup is someplace special to us all. Any guesses where?

Show 'em, @Nemo14 !
Is this pic from Five Guys?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I laughed out loud over this. :D And, you know, there could be some truth to (your perceived) reaction from the bear. I've done some stupid stuff at home, and (more than once) my DOG has given me that, "you're an idiot" look! :hilarious:

Animals are often a lot smarter than we give them credit for. ;)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I laughed out loud over this. :D And, you know, there could be some truth to (your perceived) reaction from the bear. I've done some stupid stuff at home, and (more than once) my DOG has given me that, "you're an idiot" look! :hilarious:

Animals are often a lot smarter than we give them credit for. ;)
It’s a good thing God put us at the top of the food chain. Not sure we would have made it there on our own.

Mike S

It’s a good thing God put us at the top of the food chain. Not sure we would have made it there on our own.
We actually did that ourselves. There was a point in our history where we weren’t so far ahead of everything else. Just another group fighting for survival. If I were to pinpoint two things we did that put us really over the top I’d say fire and the bow and arrow.

Goofyernmost

We actually did that ourselves. There was a point in our history where we weren’t so far ahead of everything else. Just another group fighting for survival. If I were to pinpoint two things we did that put us really over the top I’d say fire and the bow and arrow.
I'd add the wheel to that list. We did take a huge step backwards with the Ford Pinto and the Chevy Vega. Opposable thumbs played a part in it as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom