Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

Hope you all are enjoying your Easter celebrations with family. Ours was a bit off. My MIL's sister passed away this morning, so my in-laws had to drive across the country and back in between brunch and dinner to say goodbye, and the whole day was just....long, and emotionally exhausting, trying to celebrate and keep things normal (for my DS's sake) when it really wasn't, and also trying to get across to him why it couldn't be exactly the way it usually is. Would it be terrible of me to say I'm glad the day is over?

Songbird76

Nope.
Condolences.
Thanks. I try to keep in mind the meaning of the day, and really, it's almost a relief, since this aunt had alzheimers and has been sick for a while and was given last rights months ago. But it is draining and sad and just....not very celebratory. It's almost contradictory.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thanks. I try to keep in mind the meaning of the day, and really, it's almost a relief, since this aunt had alzheimers and has been sick for a while and was given last rights months ago. But it is draining and sad and just....not very celebratory. It's almost contradictory.
Not really though. Easter is about resurrection; about death and the grave being conquered.

You can’t get to Heaven without passing over death’s threshold. Your husband’s aunt is no longer suffering ... that is worth celebrating.

I personally don’t believe that our loved one’s are looking down on us/watching over us, but I do believe that they are in God’s presence. Where would you rather be? ❤️

Songbird76

Not really though. Easter is about resurrection; about death and the grave being conquered.

You can’t get to Heaven without passing over death’s threshold. Your husband’s aunt is no longer suffering ... that is worth celebrating.

I personally don’t believe that our loved one’s are looking down on us/watching over us, but I do believe that they are in God’s presence. Where would you rather be? ❤
For her, yes....it's nice that she's not suffering and that she is in a much better place. But for those left behind, it still leaves a hole that can't quite be filled with memories, you know what I mean? This was my MIL's only sister, and she was the oldest and my MIL was the 2nd to youngest of either 9 or 11 children. (I get it mixed up which of my inlaws had 8 siblings and which had 10) There was quite an age gap, but they were close because they were the only 2 girls. I just feel bad for my MIL, I guess...a bittersweet day for her. Happy her sister is no longer in pain, but sad and missing that sisterly bond they had.

But, my friend from Iran told me something that helped me, because my mother also died on a holiday. She said in her culture, a person who is born or dies on a holiday is special, because their coming into or leaving the world had to be marked by something more than just an ordinary day. I made sure to pass that on to my MIL. It's nice to think that our loved ones are special.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
For her, yes....it's nice that she's not suffering and that she is in a much better place. But for those left behind, it still leaves a hole that can't quite be filled with memories, you know what I mean? This was my MIL's only sister, and she was the oldest and my MIL was the 2nd to youngest of either 9 or 11 children. (I get it mixed up which of my inlaws had 8 siblings and which had 10) There was quite an age gap, but they were close because they were the only 2 girls. I just feel bad for my MIL, I guess...a bittersweet day for her. Happy her sister is no longer in pain, but sad and missing that sisterly bond they had.

But, my friend from Iran told me something that helped me, because my mother also died on a holiday. She said in her culture, a person who is born or dies on a holiday is special, because their coming into or leaving the world had to be marked by something more than just an ordinary day. I made sure to pass that on to my MIL. It's nice to think that our loved ones are special.
My brother died on Groundhog Day. Not sure what to make of that.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don’t see how the Health & Safety Board allows this, but the Boston Pizza in Huntsville is apparently open today.

676E10AA-A69E-4C6B-90A3-3CCEA1732DEA.jpeg

My cousin lives in Huntsville, and I’m sure I’ve shared pics of their massive snowfall after massive snowfall this year. Well, it appears the snow has melted.

This, however, was Monday’s snowfall:
EA18400F-30AE-41E2-9BF3-DFA5AC4EE05E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom