Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
At least something costs less. That was a nice surprise, huh!?
Every summer I keep hoping the cost of the modern-ish Dyson bladeless fan will go down.
It never does.
The tall one I believe costs $400. That darn company never has a sale. They never back off that price.//Just checked... QVC.com and Walmart.com list it now for $399.99

I always wanted one of those Dysons, but they're just way out of my economic reach.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
8th snow day in 4 weeks. This is ridiculous. And our support staff who is paid hourly is not getting paid for these days.

Your current winter reminds me a bit of our winter of 2015 -- we may as well have been the North Pole. We had more snowstorms (big ones) that winter into 2016, than I ever remember. Sometimes it was fun, but the problem was that they were just back to back, and there wasn't ample time for even the roads to recover. Posed many challenges--hard for trucks to deliver food to grocery stores, ambulances couldn't maneuver in some unplowed side streets, etc.

For those people in your area that are hourly paid, that must be quite a struggle for them. :(

PUSH

Original Poster
Your current winter reminds me a bit of our winter of 2015 -- we may as well have been the North Pole. We had more snowstorms (big ones) that winter into 2016, than I ever remember. Sometimes it was fun, but the problem was that they were just back to back, and there wasn't ample time for even the roads to recover. Posed many challenges--hard for trucks to deliver food to grocery stores, ambulances couldn't maneuver in some unplowed side streets, etc.

For those people in your area that are hourly paid, that must be quite a blow to them. :(
Was that the last "polar vortex"? We were hit with that one, too.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Was that the last "polar vortex"? We were hit with that one, too.

I don't recall if was a polar vortex back then or not. Regardless, sometimes wild weather happens without much explanation. I'm always interested in older, historical news clippings about some years when we'd have tons of snow. and then the next 30 were just average, or below average snowfall. Sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to this stuff.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Man, they saw you coming! I never paid over $150. for a TV back in those days. They didn't even have remotes back then did they? I didn't need a remote because I had two young children that were there strictly for that purpose, I'm guessing!
It was a Trinitron. Best tv on the market at the time. The picture and colour on that thing was beautiful.

And as @MinnieM123 said, it lasted forever. When we got rid of it maybe 5 years ago, it was still working perfectly. Nobody wanted a 19” fatback anymore. 😢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom