Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
8th snow day in 4 weeks. This is ridiculous. And our support staff who is paid hourly is not getting paid for these days.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
8th snow day in 4 weeks. This is ridiculous. And our support staff who is paid hourly is not getting paid for these days.

Snow day here too. I feel bad for our support staff too, tough blow to their budgets.

My husband is just finishing the first round of shoveling, I'll help him with the second round. Although he had to stop in the middle of shoveling, he got a call from an elderly church member and their furnace went out. So he is going to see what he can do and take her one of the space heaters from church until she can get someone professional to look at it.

I think I will be making beer cheese soup today, it just feels like a soup day with this snowy weather. I'm trying to have a positive attitude. 😬

Goofyernmost

We watched that one a couple of weeks ago!
I can't watch anything right now, because my TV crossed the Rainbow Bridge into the land of sad and quiet TV's. I went out today and started to look at a replacement and had a reverse sticker shock experience. My old flat screen, (I think was 42") I purchased from Costco in 2008, yea that's right, 11 years ago, at the cost of almost $800.00. It never gave me one problem at all until last night. Just the day before I was watching it and thinking what a great picture it still had and then last night with no warning, it just went black screen and started making a loud buzzing sound. None of the controls worked, neither remote or manual and the only way I could shut it off was to unplug it. The reverse shock happened when I found out that a 50 inch screen of the same manufacturer is now less then $350.00. Heck I could get a 60" curved screen for $500, but, my living room is small and it would feel like everything is life size.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I can't watch anything right now, because my TV crossed the Rainbow Bridge into the land of sad and quiet TV's. I went out today and started to look at a replacement and had a reverse sticker shock experience. My old flat screen, (I think was 42") I purchased from Costco in 2008, yea that's right, 11 years ago, at the cost of almost $800.00. It never gave me one problem at all until last night. Just the day before I was watching it and thinking what a great picture it still had and then last night with no warning, it just went black screen and started making a loud buzzing sound. None of the controls worked, neither remote or manual and the only way I could shut it off was to unplug it. The reverse shock happened when I found out that a 50 inch screen of the same manufacturer is now less then $350.00. Heck I could get a 60" curved screen for $500, but, my living room is small and it would feel like everything is life size.
My first real tv was a 19” Sony Trinitron that cost me a thousand bucks - in the late 80’s! 😲

SteveBrickNJ

At least something costs less. That was a nice surprise, huh!?
Every summer I keep hoping the cost of the modern-ish Dyson bladeless fan will go down.
It never does.
The tall one I believe costs $400. That darn company never has a sale. They never back off that price.//Just checked... QVC.com and Walmart.com list it now for $399.99

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
At least something costs less. That was a nice surprise, huh!?
Every summer I keep hoping the cost of the modern-ish Dyson bladeless fan will go down.
It never does.
The tall one I believe costs $400. That darn company never has a sale. They never back off that price.//Just checked... QVC.com and Walmart.com list it now for $399.99

I just checked amazon.ca. $499.99 here for the same model.

Goofyernmost

My first real tv was a 19” Sony Trinitron that cost me a thousand bucks - in the late 80’s! 😲
Man, they saw you coming! I never paid over $150. for a TV back in those days. They didn't even have remotes back then did they? I didn't need a remote because I had two young children that were there strictly for that purpose, I'm guessing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom