Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
What do you mean... like do they exist? Of course.
I watch so many tv shows that feature school nurses.

I went to 4 different elementary schools and two different high schools; my boys went to one elementary school and one went to two different high schools ... not a single school nurse in sight. Or on site.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In related news, I wish nurses still wore white uniforms and nursing caps.

My first family doctor used to wear a collared shirt and tie with a white lab coat. My second doctor wore dresses and a lab coat. My current doctor wears ripped jeans and tees and talks Disney with me.

NYwdwfan

I went to 4 different elementary schools and two different high schools; my boys went to one elementary school and one went to two different high schools ... not a single school nurse in sight. Or on site.
All of our schools around here have them. Do they have school sports in Cananada? In addition to tending to the ill (and the fakers) the nurse processes all of the sports paperwork.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
All of our schools around here have them. Do they have school sports in Cananada? In addition to tending to the ill (and the fakers) the nurse processes all of the sports paperwork.
Maybe it’s the socialized medicine thing up here.

Is the nurse full time? What medicine or treatment can he/she dispense?

Lucky

When I was a kid I think they were just part time and maybe just volunteers.

My MiL’s last job before retiring was school nurse in DC. Pay and benefits were decent. I don’t think she could prescribe medicine, but she could do just about anything else within the limits of what they were supplied with.

PUSH

Original Poster

We have one nurse for our whole district. But we really need one just for our elementary school. They aren't typical nurses, but at the elementary level they often give students meds that they need to take a certain time of day. They are also the people who hold all the health and medical records for students.

Nemo14

My younger sister was a school nurse. Pay was the same as a teacher pay. She had to dispense meds, teach health classes, keep records, etc. Our elementary schools here usually share nurses (2 or 3 schools per nurse), and are the ones who call home when your son runs into walls....twice.
#voiceofexperience

PUSH

Original Poster
My younger sister was a school nurse. Pay was the same as a teacher pay. She had to dispense meds, teach health classes, keep records, etc. Our elementary schools here usually share nurses (2 or 3 schools per nurse), and are the ones who call home when your son runs into walls....twice.
#voiceofexperience
Or when your student swallows a whole necklace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom