• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Well, if they got grief (sorry to hear that--wish people were more polite), at least they still were able to express their opinions.

And now, they certainly have plenty of access to media to get their thoughts out there. (Ever watch TMZ? ;) They chase celebrities all over the place--they'd love to get an interview on any topic a celebrity wants to talk about.)

Especially with the internet now, it's easy for them to reach millions, if they want to.
And that is what they are doing. More people will hear the message on those types of nationally followed shows, then every 10 minutes on TMZ. I, for one, have never watched it and I am sure that I am not alone.

JenniferS

You’re nothing. But not to me.
Premium Member
Advertisement
Sympathy like. Poor guy...and poor you! But I don't think you have zero patience...you obviously have some, or you'd have shipped him off to the doctor to do the dirty work. How long is he out of work? Or does it just depend on the recovery?
He’s back to work already. They have him on restricted duty, which means a whole lot of doing nothing. His choice not to stay home. He’s really looking forward to the weekend though.

JenniferS

Premium Member
Neither do I, but, if you live in this country and have any grasp on history, you shouldn't be hiding from it. Your future and the future of your children and their children depend on people making a stand when they feel the things have taken a disastrous swing. As a Veteran and a history nut, I am scared to death. Having people with recognition and communication skills might just be what will make the difference. I am not going to complain about someone making a statement during an awards show, or anywhere else, if it will help stop the undermining of our freedoms and give us back our dignity.
I hear ya, I’m just over it. I don’t tune in to an awards show to hear politics. American politics, at that.

I just want to see who is wearing who, who brought their mommy as their date, and to look for #fijiwatergirl.

trr1

We watched Elf the other night because I thought one of my high school friends was in it, but he's in Jingle All the Way, not Elf. Anyway, DS ran from the room and refused to watch the rest once Buddy made his pasta. So far, we haven't gotten him to watch a single movie all the way through....except Ralph Breaks the Internet, which he saw in the theater. It's either too scary, too sad, too gross, etc.
Have you tried moana?

I hear ya, I’m just over it. I don’t tune in to an awards show to hear politics. American politics, at that.

I just want to see who is wearing who, who brought their mommy as their date, and to look for #fijiwatergirl.
Have your own Cananadian award show, eh! :happy: This will all be over with soon. It's going to be messy, but, it will end. In the meantime the most interesting thing that is happening in the world is the very thing you don't want to see. They can't even make up a TV show like this. :jawdrop::joyfull: No reality show ever had this much conflict.

I have ZERO patience, but when you’re the mom you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, once I saw the extent of the injury, I felt a little more inclined to forgive him for being so vile. During the more than hour long process to remove the dressing (which would have taken 15 mins if he’d just soaked it off!), he twice asked me if I would call Aunt Jan to ask if she would pray for him.
Yah, I think it's peroxide that will make it really easy to remove a gauze bandage. Maybe he can be talked into that next time.

Interesting how he wanted to reach out to "Aunt Jan" to pray for him. Sound like he's really been shaken up by the whole experience.

JenniferS

Premium Member
Yah, I think it's peroxide that will make it really easy to remove a gauze bandage. Maybe he can be talked into that next time.

Interesting how he wanted to reach out to "Aunt Jan" to pray for him. Sound like he's really been shaken up by the whole experience.
He thinks Jesus likes Aunt Jan better than He likes the rest of us because of her 40+ years of missionary work, and that her prayers carry more weight. 😂

PUSH

Original Poster
We do - they’re called the Geminis, which translates to boring as heck!
The only interesting part of award shows is the opening monologue. But only with the right host. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey doing the Golden Globes is hilarious. Ellen was great with the Oscars. Neil Patrick Harris has been fantastic hosting the Tonys. Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Kevin Hart, etc... don't care.

The only interesting part of award shows is the opening monologue. But only with the right host. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey doing the Golden Globes is hilarious. Ellen was great with the Oscars. Neil Patrick Harris has been fantastic hosting the Tonys. Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Kevin Hart, etc... don't care.
James Franco hosting the Oscars was one of my favorites. He was the first host in Oscar history to deliver an opening monologue and catch up on a good nap simultaneously.
jfrn011019.jpg

My family arrived tonight. Tomorrow we’ll load up some of my stuff, and then we’re going see Billy Joel.
Hope the move goes well. It's good to remind those helping you to pace themselves, when lifting and moving boxes, furniture, etc. People already know that, but sometimes it's helpful to share a gentle reminder. I've moved many times, and it's really easy to overdue it.

Enjoy the concert!

Top Bottom