Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
We spent the morning at AK. We rope dropped Flight of Passage, and it was pretty much a walk on for us. After that, we walled on Na'vi in a standby line. Then we did our LL for the Safari. I scheduled an Everest LL once we scanned in. We did standby for Kali, then watched the Festival of the Lion King. At that point it was time for our Everest LL, so we went there. Dinosaur was down, so we headed to some shops and then ae back to the resort. We're going down for lunch in a little bit.

Tonight is MK. I have a Jungle Cruise LL for tonight, and I'll add more as we go along.

PUSH

Original Poster
I forgot to mention how great our Safari was. Lots of animals out. Lots of giraffes eating. The warthog were out and very visible. The lions were roaring and up walking around. Two teenage elephants were fighting to show dominance.

20220619_073049.jpg20220619_073324.jpg20220619_073530.jpg20220619_082828.jpg20220619_085235.jpg20220619_085652.jpg20220619_090013.jpg20220619_090115.jpg20220619_090133.jpg

Kevin was watching the drummers go by.

20220619_094032.jpg

Goofyernmost

We just booked a campground for our first trip.

I’m excited and sick with worry, all at the same time. Mike hasn’t even hooked the trailer up to the hitch yet, and here we are heading out 365 km (each way!) for our very first outing.

Thousand Islands … here we come. Now the pressure is on to get everything ready for Tuesday.

Who thinks a trip to Boldt Castle is in our near future?

View attachment 646883
I went to the Thousand Islands (I didn't count them all, so I'm taking their word) when I was about 11 with my parents. If you get to see Boldt Castle on the heart shaped island he had created, do so. From what I understand it has been finished or nearly finished now. The story behind that is that he had it built for his wife. She died after the outer walls and roof were complete and a lot of the interior pieces had arrived. At her passing construction was stopped immediately by him and he abandoned the project. Things like marble fireplace surrounds and the grand stairway had arrived. When I saw it those items were just sitting inside the shell of the castle still in the crate they were shipped in. In other words it was very poignant even to an 11 year old. That memory stuck with me all these years. From what I understand they completed or at least partially completed it since then. They have had 63 years to do so,

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
We got to MK around 5:00. It was raining, so we did a standby line for Small World. After that the rain had let up, but there had still been lightning in the area, so our Big Thunder LL got cancelled. We ate at Columbia Harbor House. The menu there isn't as good as it used to be.

After supper, Big Thunder has just opened back up, so we went and did standby with the short wait. We was the Country Bears in one of the front rows. Next we used our Jungle Cruise LL. Afterwards we used a LL for Pirates, followed by our LL for Splash. Then we looked through the Christmas shop as we killed time before out Haunted Mansion LL. Once we were out, we headed to Main Street to watch the fireworks. We got there about 20 minutes early and found a good spot.

Honestly, Enchantment was a lot better in person than on the videos I've seen. I think it gets unnecessary backlash. HEA was better, but it's still a solid show.

Once the fireworks were over we used LLs for Pooh, then Buzz. While waiting for Pooh I was explaining the multiple experiences LL to my group and listing the rides you can't go on. The CM there asked me where I worked... I was so confused. I told her I was a teacher. She thought I was a CM since I knew so much.

After Buzz, we finished our night on the Peoplemover. Then we headed out and got back to our resort around 11:15.

Tomorrow's plans are Epcot ar rope drop, then DS in the afternoon/evening. We have a dinner reservation at The Boathouse.

Today's attractions count:

Flight of Passage
Na'vi
Safari
Kali
Lion King
Everest

Small World
Big Thunder
Country Bears
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash
Haunted Mansion
Enchantment
Pooh
Buzz
TTA

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I went to the Thousand Islands (I didn't count them all, so I'm taking their word) when I was about 11 with my parents. If you get to see Boldt Castle on the heart shaped island he had created, do so. From what I understand it has been finished or nearly finished now. The story behind that is that he had it built for his wife. She died after the outer walls and roof were complete and a lot of the interior pieces had arrived. Things like marble fireplace surrounds and the grand stairway had arrived. When I saw it those items were just sitting inside the shell of the castle still in the crate they were shipped in. In other words it was very poignant even to an 11 year old. That memory stuck with me all these years. From what I understand they completed or at least partially completed it since then. They have had 63 years to do so,
We’ve been to Boldt Castle many times, but not since the pandemic. Some years, they knock out a newly refinished room or two; other years, none at all.

I haven’t told Mike yet, but I’m interested in the Singer Castle boat tour too. We’ll see if we can swing it. It’s a tremendously short trip, but we’re not taking the pup, so we had to work around Spenser’s new job schedule.

We got the trailer hooked up to the new hitch today. That was fun … and not at all stressful.🙄

C859A9D5-4425-432B-95CE-5475B754FC15.jpeg195CEEBA-78DA-4034-B13A-99B0832CD660.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom