Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

FutureCEO

That historic hotel is so elegant, not to mention Bretton Woods and the Whites as its backdrop. Glad you had the opportunity to stay there, and enjoy the activities they provide for their guests. Thanks for sharing the photos. (I was only there once, some years ago, for lunch. Never actually stayed there, due to the high rates, but maybe some day . . . 🤞)
Trust me...I don't make enough to consider staying there. It did snow on Mt. Washington like the day before though.
:)

For those who don't know. Some of the room rates compare to Disney on certain weeks. But the hotel is nicer than Disney if I'm going to be honest. The only difference is obviously more to do at Disney.

Orlando Metro pop: 2.5 million
Conway, NH: about 10,000 which is the biggest town in the White Mountains.
population where the hotel is: 820

Fun fact: The hotel was the site of the UN meeting that led to the creation of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund

PXL_20241012_220710088.jpgPXL_20241012_215152380.jpgPXL_20241012_214509263.jpg

Last edited:

Songbird76

Speak up.
Sometimes men are unintentionally oblivious.

If you don’t say anything, he might just think that’s how you like things. (There are many women who prefer to do everything - not me of course, but some women.)
Well, I've mentioned several times when he says things like "We need to be better about cleaning out the fridge. There's a bunch of stuff that's past date." I'll say "Feel free to clean that out!" but then he gets mad and says that I get mad at him when he throws things away. I asked him when I've EVER gotten mad at him for throwing away rotten food. But his way of "cleaning" is to just toss anything that he doesn't use or doesn't have a place for. So like, he waited until E and I went to Disney last summer, and he "cleaned" the closet in the dining room. I had all my Candle-lite candles and holders in there. He was tired of them taking up space and he wanted to use that closet for something else, so while I was gone, he got rid of all my candle stuff. He didn't dare do it while I was home, because then YES, I do get mad that he threw my stuff away. So that's his excuse for not doing household chores. He says I get mad at him for throwing things away or because he did it wrong. But he almost NEVER does chores in the first place for me to complain about him doing them wrong, and I don't think it's an overreaction to get upset that he gets rid of MY stuff without asking.

He also decided he didn't like the plastic drawer containers I had on my side of the bed where I stored a lot of my documentation like tax returns, vacation planning stuff, etc. He thought they looked cheap and tacky, and said he couldn't stand looking at them... and even though they weren't in his way and none of HIS stuff was in there, he got rid of it all while we were at Disney. Meanwhile, his side of the bed is covered in literal trash: Empty chip bags, wrappers from M&Ms, nuts, empty salsa jars, cola bottles....I refuse to clean his side of the bed. He's a big boy, I'm not his maid. He can grab a trash bag and throw his OWN garbage away. But it's pretty annoying that THAT trash doesn't bother him to look at every day, but my organized drawers are an eyesore because they are plastic. He has an idea in his head of how he wants to live, and he doesn't really care whether or not I agree with that image. He expects me to carry out his vision and gets annoyed that I argue with him and refuse to throw away the stuff he doesn't like. So he does it himself, and then says I won't let him clean. Our definitions of "clean" are very different. He wants to just toss everything, and I want him to actually CLEAN something, like mop the floor, clean a toilet, mow a lawn, vaccum the stairs, etc. It's just that I've always done those things, so he thinks I won't like how he would do them, and he thinks that they are mine to do.

Figgy1

Well, I've mentioned several times when he says things like "We need to be better about cleaning out the fridge. There's a bunch of stuff that's past date." I'll say "Feel free to clean that out!" but then he gets mad and says that I get mad at him when he throws things away. I asked him when I've EVER gotten mad at him for throwing away rotten food. But his way of "cleaning" is to just toss anything that he doesn't use or doesn't have a place for. So like, he waited until E and I went to Disney last summer, and he "cleaned" the closet in the dining room. I had all my Candle-lite candles and holders in there. He was tired of them taking up space and he wanted to use that closet for something else, so while I was gone, he got rid of all my candle stuff. He didn't dare do it while I was home, because then YES, I do get mad that he threw my stuff away. So that's his excuse for not doing household chores. He says I get mad at him for throwing things away or because he did it wrong. But he almost NEVER does chores in the first place for me to complain about him doing them wrong, and I don't think it's an overreaction to get upset that he gets rid of MY stuff without asking.

He also decided he didn't like the plastic drawer containers I had on my side of the bed where I stored a lot of my documentation like tax returns, vacation planning stuff, etc. He thought they looked cheap and tacky, and said he couldn't stand looking at them... and even though they weren't in his way and none of HIS stuff was in there, he got rid of it all while we were at Disney. Meanwhile, his side of the bed is covered in literal trash: Empty chip bags, wrappers from M&Ms, nuts, empty salsa jars, cola bottles....I refuse to clean his side of the bed. He's a big boy, I'm not his maid. He can grab a trash bag and throw his OWN garbage away. But it's pretty annoying that THAT trash doesn't bother him to look at every day, but my organized drawers are an eyesore because they are plastic. He has an idea in his head of how he wants to live, and he doesn't really care whether or not I agree with that image. He expects me to carry out his vision and gets annoyed that I argue with him and refuse to throw away the stuff he doesn't like. So he does it himself, and then says I won't let him clean. Our definitions of "clean" are very different. He wants to just toss everything, and I want him to actually CLEAN something, like mop the floor, clean a toilet, mow a lawn, vaccum the stairs, etc. It's just that I've always done those things, so he thinks I won't like how he would do them, and he thinks that they are mine to do.
frying pan lol GIF by Disney

Songbird76

Rant incoming...feel free to skip.

Customers are getting so entitled!! I had a woman come into the store two weeks ago. She bought 2 plastic serving trays. She walked toward the door, dropped them and one broke. I SAW her drop them. She comes and says "This one broke. Can I get a new one?" I asked why. She says "Because it's broken!" I said "Yes, but YOU dropped it. Since it wasn't that way in the store and we didn't do it, we can't replace it." And this was a very large woman. She towered over me and says in a very demanding voice "Can I get a new one??" and it was obvious she wasn't taking no for an answer. Then she says "Otherwise, I'll just return them both and get ALL my money back." Like we have to take back something she broke? I ended up just asking my manager what to do and she let the gal have a new one....don't think I would have done that, but it isn't my call.

And then this other woman comes in last week with a coat she wants to return. She says it's ripped, she has the receipt. But, when she puts in on the counter, all the tags (not just the price tags attached, but the tags sewn into the garment on the inside) have been cut out. You can't even see if it's the same item as the one on the receipt. So I call my manager over. She's the assisstant manager, and she's not sure what to do....protocol says that if you don't have the tags, you can't return an item, but this is technically a complaint, because it's ripped. But, she says she bought it two weeks ago to take on vacation and she only wore it a few days before someone pointed out there was a tear in it. The tear is on a seam....easily fixable. She insists she can't fix it. My manager offers her something of equal price from the store if she wants to replace it. No, that's not good enough, she already had to buy a new coat while she was on vacation. She doesn't want something else, she wants her money back. But she's already worn it. We don't know if she got caught on something and it ripped, or if it was maybe a bit tight and she stretched too far...we have no way of knowing if it was already ripped before or not, and she admitted she had worn it. Once you use something, you can't return it. My manager feels something lumpy, sticks her hand in one of the pockets and pulls out a dirty tissue and a packet of clean tissues. She sets them on the counter. I check the other pocket and pull out another dirty tissue. I grab both dirty tissues and throw them away in the garbage BEHIND me. She's getting angry that we won't just give her money back on something she used and cut all the tags out of. She was offered a replacement, but didn't want that. She asked for the manager, so we told her she'd be in the next morning. What does she do? She calls the head office (we have hundreds of stores) and LIES to them. She tells them she only wore the coat for a day, and she tells them that we THREW THE TISSUES IN HER FACE! And she says we treated her so badly that she doesn't dare to come back to the store. There were several people behind her that day that she tried to get on her side, but it didn't work, so she called the head office and lied about everything, hoping to force us to give her her money back, and I suppose to try and get us in trouble for daring to say no to her. So she sent her daughter to return the coat because the head office says we have to, BUT the manager says she won't give her her money back, she can only get something for equal value, which was already offered before and she refused. Suddenly that's ok, but she doesn't dare do it herself, so she sends her daughter. She doesn't dare because she lied through her teeth and doesn't want to get called out for it. Apparently the regional manager also heard about it and called, and she got a completely different story. The woman told her she hadn't even worn the coat for an hour, when she told us that she wore it for half her vacation and told the head office she wore it for a day or two. She still insists we threw her tissues in her face, which absolutely did not happen. And she tells her we accused her of ripping it herself, because we had the audacity to ask if maybe she had somehow caught the coat on something...a nail, a hook, etc. So she says we accused her of all this stuff, and then lies about what happened and accuses US of throwing stuff at her. I'm so ticked.

Is it just me, or is this woman lacking integrity? What is UP with customers thinking they should just get a replacement for anything when they broke it? Like it's OUR fault they drop things, or rip them? Is this a new thing??

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Customers are getting so entitled!! I had a woman come into the store two weeks ago. She bought 2 plastic serving trays. She walked toward the door, dropped them and one broke. I SAW her drop them. She comes and says "This one broke. Can I get a new one?" I asked why. She says "Because it's broken!" I said "Yes, but YOU dropped it. Since it wasn't that way in the store and we didn't do it, we can't replace it." And this was a very large woman. She towered over me and says in a very demanding voice "Can I get a new one??" and it was obvious she wasn't taking no for an answer. Then she says "Otherwise, I'll just return them both and get ALL my money back." Like we have to take back something she broke? I ended up just asking my manager what to do and she let the gal have a new one....don't think I would have done that, but it isn't my call.

And then this other woman comes in last week with a coat she wants to return. She says it's ripped, she has the receipt. But, when she puts in on the counter, all the tags (not just the price tags attached, but the tags sewn into the garment on the inside) have been cut out. You can't even see if it's the same item as the one on the receipt. So I call my manager over. She's the assisstant manager, and she's not sure what to do....protocol says that if you don't have the tags, you can't return an item, but this is technically a complaint, because it's ripped. But, she says she bought it two weeks ago to take on vacation and she only wore it a few days before someone pointed out there was a tear in it. The tear is on a seam....easily fixable. She insists she can't fix it. My manager offers her something of equal price from the store if she wants to replace it. No, that's not good enough, she already had to buy a new coat while she was on vacation. She doesn't want something else, she wants her money back. But she's already worn it. We don't know if she got caught on something and it ripped, or if it was maybe a bit tight and she stretched too far...we have no way of knowing if it was already ripped before or not, and she admitted she had worn it. Once you use something, you can't return it. My manager feels something lumpy, sticks her hand in one of the pockets and pulls out a dirty tissue and a packet of clean tissues. She sets them on the counter. I check the other pocket and pull out another dirty tissue. I grab both dirty tissues and throw them away in the garbage BEHIND me. She's getting angry that we won't just give her money back on something she used and cut all the tags out of. She was offered a replacement, but didn't want that. She asked for the manager, so we told her she'd be in the next morning. What does she do? She calls the head office (we have hundreds of stores) and LIES to them. She tells them she only wore the coat for a day, and she tells them that we THREW THE TISSUES IN HER FACE! And she says we treated her so badly that she doesn't dare to come back to the store. There were several people behind her that day that she tried to get on her side, but it didn't work, so she called the head office and lied about everything, hoping to force us to give her her money back, and I suppose to try and get us in trouble for daring to say no to her. So she sent her daughter to return the coat because the head office says we have to, BUT the manager says she won't give her her money back, she can only get something for equal value, which was already offered before and she refused. Suddenly that's ok, but she doesn't dare do it herself, so she sends her daughter. She doesn't dare because she lied through her teeth and doesn't want to get called out for it. Apparently the regional manager also heard about it and called, and she got a completely different story. The woman told her she hadn't even worn the coat for an hour, when she told us that she wore it for half her vacation and told the head office she wore it for a day or two. She still insists we threw her tissues in her face, which absolutely did not happen. And she tells her we accused her of ripping it herself, because we had the audacity to ask if maybe she had somehow caught the coat on something...a nail, a hook, etc. So she says we accused her of all this stuff, and then lies about what happened and accuses US of throwing stuff at her. I'm so ticked.

Is it just me, or is this woman lacking integrity? What is UP with customers thinking they should just get a replacement for anything when they broke it? Like it's OUR fault they drop things, or rip them? Is this a new thing??
Customers are definitely getting worse. Retail is more difficult nowadays.

Figgy1

about that frying pan
On happier note thought of you yesterday while cubing up 15 pounds of chicken breast. Thank you

Figgy1

YUP, soup tomorrow. The stock is in the roaster oven. :joyfull:The borrowed pressure canner is on the stove doing a test run. Wish us both luck
atomic bomb explosion GIF
Test run a success, held 15 pounds of pressure long enough to do meats and soups:joyfull: Nothing blew up, easier than expected as I thought I'd have to fiddle with the heat to get it right and nothing blew up much to the disappointment of the boys:cautious:

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

Yeah, I was just trying to be diplomatic in my comment to which you are responding … ‘cause what I really thought in my head was - I’m gonna come over there and smack him for ya.

Love you girl. You have the patience of a saint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom