Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Our office area has AC, too, and some of our interior rooms. I hope they crank the AC up in those rooms and try to force it into other areas.
My entire school experience was without AC in the classrooms. In grammar school they would open the windows in the 100 year old building when it got hot. They were humungous windows and what would normally happen is a bird, or birds would fly into the room and then couldn't find their way out. We were sent out of the classroom into the lobby (each floor had a lobby with 4 or 5 classrooms circling around it). Someone would go into the room and a few minutes later the bird was gone and we went back in. By the time I got to High School, they at least had screens on the window so no critters could get in. In college the student center was the only building that had AC on campus. Every building they had was also on the register of historic sites. Fortunately living in northern NY and northern VT the temperatures were fairly doable up until actual summer arrived. But there were days occasionally when it would melt the lead in your pencil.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My entire school experience was without AC in the classrooms. In grammar school they would open the windows in the 100 year old building when it got hot. They were humungous windows and what would normally happen is a bird, or birds would fly into the room and then couldn't find their way out. We were sent out of the classroom into the lobby (each floor had a lobby with 4 or 5 classrooms circling around it). Someone would go into the room and a few minutes later the bird was gone and we went back in. By the time I got to High School, they at least had screens on the window so no critters could get in. In college the student center was the only building that had AC on campus. Every building they had was also on the register of historic sites. Fortunately living in northern NY and northern VT the temperatures were fairly doable up until actual summer arrived. But there were days occasionally when it would melt the lead in your pencil.

I didn't have any AC in my classrooms as a kid either, well in High School two of the main math classes were in a trailer and they had AC. But all of our classrooms also had windows. That is not the case of the school I currently teach in, so it get kind of miserable without AC. Luckily today we didn't have students but the humidity was so bad in the building today the walls and the floors were wet, like they were sweating. It was gross, our heat index was 108 at one point.

Goofyernmost

I didn't have any AC in my classrooms as a kid either, well in High School two of the main math classes were in a trailer and they had AC. But all of our classrooms also had windows. That is not the case of the school I currently teach in, so it get kind of miserable without AC. Luckily today we didn't have students but the humidity was so bad in the building today the walls and the floors were wet, like they were sweating. It was gross, our heat index was 108 at one point.
Makes me wonder, is all the cheese melting? ;)

FutureCEO

Very :cool: . What event was going on yesterday down there?The Italian Air Force’s Frecce Tricolori is currently touring in North America for the first time in more than 30 years and did a flyover of Newport.
The Italian Air Force’s Frecce Tricolori is touring in North America for the first time in more than 30 years and did a flyover of Providence and Newport. They were supposed to fly over Boston yesterday afternoon but who knows with those storms.

It's celebrating the 500th anniversary of the landing of Giovanni Da Verrazzano, who is the first known European to explore the East Coast, including Narragansett Bay in 1524.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Makes me wonder, is all the cheese melting? ;)
Yep!
Grilled Cheese Food GIF by BOSKA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom