Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Not only a romance ... an “epic romance”.

View attachment 559803
Yea, the guy or girl they paid to write that description had a really warped sense of romance. My idea of romance doesn't involve killing off your lover, it involves doing whatever one can to make them survive. But I'm just a man that see's another man deserted in the name of romance. An alternate viewpoint perhaps. I'm probably a little biased concerning which gender survived in that story.:eek:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yea, the guy or girl they paid to write that description had a really warped sense of romance. My idea of romance doesn't involve killing off your lover, it involves doing whatever one can to make them survive. But I'm just a man that see's another man deserted in the name of romance. An alternate viewpoint perhaps. I'm probably a little biased concerning which gender survived in that story.:eek:
So, here's a nice little love story for you. (The book has happy pictures, too.) :happy:

1621886588588.png

Last edited:

trr1

I haven't seen the movie so I cant give an opinion on the story

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I haven't seen the move so I cant give an opinion on the story
The story is somewhat based on romance (with the exception of one very crucial scene), but it is a story based on a massive disaster were over a 1000 people died and it is seems to be foreshadowed by one love scene. And it seems to last as long as the entire sailing life of the Titanic.

PUSH

Original Poster
@PUSH , here's a fun PINK video for you, in case you haven't seen it already. The acrobatic routine she did with her daughter was amazing!

I did watch it yesterday on YouTube. To be honest, I don't really care for the song she sings with her daughter, but I enjoyed the mashup of her old songs.

SteveBrickNJ

Last night I was at a Honda dealership in Toms River NJ. I got in a 2021 Honda Pilot as the salesman was orientating me with the vehicle before my solo test drive. It started to rain and he stated freaking out....as if it was acid rain and he'd be damaged. :rolleyes: Well I took the car out on the highway and it started to POUR!.....then the pouring rain mixed with HAIL.
Man! I never had a test drive like that before!
BTW...I'm not gonna buy a new car. My wife and I crunched the numbers and it seems like we would be better off keeping my current car even though it has 76,000 miles.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last night I was at a Honda dealership in Toms River NJ. I got in a 2021 Honda Pilot as the salesman was orientating me with the vehicle before my solo test drive. It started to rain and he stated freaking out....as if it was acid rain and he'd be damaged. :rolleyes: Well I took the car out on the highway and it started to POUR!.....then the pouring rain mixed with HAIL.
BTW...I'm not gonna buy a new car. My wife and I crunched the numbers and it seems like we would be better off keeping my current car even though it has 76,000 miles.
Never realized that 76,000 miles was that much. I (heard) that once you get around 100,000 and up, that's when things can get dicey.

SteveBrickNJ

Never realized that 76,000 miles was that much. I (heard) that once you get around 100,000 and up, that's when things can get dicey.
Correct.
Yet I wanted to consider trading in my car because quality pre owned vehicles are in high demand. Nationally people have been snapping them up so it is a good time to receive a nice offer for my current vehicle. Alas, the one I would like to "trade up to" is around $40,000 and we just feel the timing for us is currently not the best to take on a 5 year loan for a new car.
How are you doin' @MinnieM123 ?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Correct.
Yet I wanted to consider trading in my car because quality pre owned vehicles are in high demand. Nationally people have been snapping them up so it is a good time to receive a nice offer for my current vehicle. Alas, the one I would like to "trade up to" is around $40,000 and we just feel the timing for us is currently not the best to take on a 5 year loan for a new car.
How are you doin' @MinnieM123 ?
Cars (new AND used) are crazy expensive. I feel your pain. We could never afford a new car at these prices. Hanging in there with the old Chevy we have, and will drive it until the wheels fall off. :p

Goofyernmost

It isn't, with todays cars that just barely broken in, if there is such a thing anymore. I haven't owned a car since 1970 that had less then 100K on it when I went for a newer one. Back then it was iffy and quite an accomplishment if you got it that far. I trade that 1970 Buick at 120K. I did just two years ago turn a car in that only had 32K but that was a lease car. I like the one I get instead, but there are times that I miss that previous one.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm going to hit 40,000 on my 2017 Chevy Impala by the end of the school year. I had a 70 miles round trip commute each day. My goal is to move to where I work, but there are no good rentals up there right now. If I end up moving there, I probably won't need to gas up my car more than once a month. If that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm going to hit 40,000 on my 2017 Chevy Impala by the end of the school year. I had a 70 miles round trip commute each day. My goal is to move to where I work, but there are no good rentals up there right now. If I end up moving there, I probably won't need to gas up my car more than once a month. If that.

I live in the town that I work in now and not having to commute anymore has been wonderful. Sometimes I miss the decompression time in my car, but that's what my walk is for now.

PUSH

Original Poster
I live in the town that I work in now and not having to commute anymore has been wonderful. Sometimes I miss the decompression time in my car, but that's what my walk is for now.
I've heard that from other teachers who have stopped their commutes. Right now I commute about 30 minutes each way. It think a 15 minute commute would be ideal. Except for the winter. And that's the main reason I want to move to where I work. I hate driving on the highways in the winter.

SteveBrickNJ

Google maps displays that I live 2.4 miles from the elementary school I teach at. Yet I've put 76,000 miles on my 2016 car because I've driven it to Florida....Toronto.....Ohio....Ottawa.......Kentucky....West Virginia....and Lynchburg VA.....not to mention hiking excursions in the Poconos or trips to Lancaster PA. Whoa! I just can't stay in one spot very long! :oops:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom