Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

Rain and some (occasional) 40-50 mph gusts this evening, and up to early tomorrow morning. As a tropical storm category, I assume some possible sporadic flooding in lower areas, possible power outages and lots of tree branches, etc. down. Weatherman said we need the rain, though.

How about your area?
Same - tons of rain. And I agree with the weatherman - we NEED it!!!

NYwdwfan

We have power, and never lost it. Just a bunch of rain and some gusty winds last night. Hope all are doing o.k., as I know that storm affected different areas in various ways.
Same - but most of my friends/family do not. The winds were so damaging there are trees down everywhere. I had to do a quick errand yesterday and it was like a puzzle book maze getting home. Nope - can’t go that way. Nope - can’t go that way. Yay - I can get through!

Goofyernmost

My sister texted me this morning. They have no power. Her family wanted a place to watch the Islanders game at 12. So they are coming over with 2 pizzas & a load of laundry and taking showers and watching the game.

Bear in mind it's going to be almost 90 degrees today and people have no power.
There in lies the big question. Which is worse, no power with high temperatures or no power with freezing temperatures. I'll take the no power with heat anytime. I could use a pizza though send her to Raleigh. Laundry, shower, TV and AC. What more could anyone ask. 🥵😇

PUSH

Original Poster
There in lies the big question. Which is worse, no power with high temperatures or no power with freezing temperatures. I'll take the no power with heat anytime. I could use a pizza though send her to Raleigh. Laundry, shower, TV and AC. What more could anyone ask. 🥵😇
If I remember right, there was one time we had no power in freezing temperatures. I'm not sure if it was from an ice storm, or something else. It got pretty cold in the house, and unlike in the heat, there's really not much you can do to make it warmer. Especially if you don't have a wood burning fireplace or oven. I don't remember it lasting too long, though, thankfully.

NYwdwfan

If I remember right, there was one time we had no power in freezing temperatures. I'm not sure if it was from an ice storm, or something else. It got pretty cold in the house, and unlike in the heat, there's really not much you can do to make it warmer. Especially if you don't have a wood burning fireplace or oven. I don't remember it lasting too long, though, thankfully.
I would definitely rather no power when it's warm out. While you have more of a chance of losing the food in the freezer you have less of a chance of losing a toe due to frostbite.

PUSH

Original Poster
I would definitely rather no power when it's warm out. While you have more of a chance of losing the food in the freezer you have less of a chance of losing a toe due to frostbite.
We also lost power for 22 hours back when two tornadoes hit our town... I believe in 2016? We couldn't find ice anywhere. Everyone was buying it. Luckily we still had our camper back then, and we were able to run that on battery power, so we were able to put some of our things in that fridge and freezer. The only store in the town that had power was Walmart. And one gas station did, too, that was right across the street from Walmart. But the owner was not the nicest guy, and he jacked up all the prices that day because people didn't have anywhere else to go.

NYwdwfan

We also lost power for 22 hours back when two tornadoes hit our town... I believe in 2016? We couldn't find ice anywhere. Everyone was buying it. Luckily we still had our camper back then, and we were able to run that on battery power, so we were able to put some of our things in that fridge and freezer. The only store in the town that had power was Walmart. And one gas station did, too, that was right across the street from Walmart. But the owner was not the nicest guy, and he jacked up all the prices that day because people didn't have anywhere else to go.
We typically get a doozy of a hurricane every 2 years or so. After Sandy most people bought generators. Part of the issue is the power company is so overwhelmed they can't give estimates on restoring power. Some have been told later today, some have been told 2-3 days from now, some can't even get through to report their outage and get an estimate.

InnKpr

I have plenty of sock plenty of blankets and sweat pants rather have no power when cold. Can apply as many until comfortable

SteveBrickNJ

@JenniferS ,
Are you familiar with the NHL's complicated Round Robin Playoff format? I had questions on the wdwmagic NHL forum. One question was answered and the other question was ignored....maybe unintentionally though ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom