Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not to single you out, but all I have heard from the "north" is how hot it is. All I heard for months previous was how cold it was. You folks are seriously confused. Pick one or the the other. It's in the 90's and above all part of spring, summer and part of fall down here. We may complain if it snows, and dress funny if there is even a minor chill in the air (40 degrees F) but, we almost never complain about the heat because that is what is expected in the south. So, it's ok to be upset about the heat as long as all we hear is joy about cold weather.
It has been hotter here than in Florida daily for a couple of weeks, with even higher humidex readings. That’s hot, by any metric.

To the best of my recollection (keeping in mind that I spent a lot of it on the couch, with my leg elevated and wrapped in ice), winter was a non-event this year.

I was freezing all winter because I came home from the hospital with a fever, so we dropped the thermostat to 65, and no one ever re-adjusted it. 😂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You get an Altima, and you get an Altima, and you get an Altima.

Not only did I not bother to change model types, I didn’t even change colour this time.

You also didn't change the color either. ;)

I have a white Sentra.

I have a bright red VW Jetta.

2017 Chevy Impala.

2001 Saturn SL2

All those cars are almost as cool as my 2007 Chevy Aveo. :cool:

NYwdwfan

For some reason I’m also getting ads for Cracker Barrel even though there are no locations on Long Island. The closest location is Milford CT but it’s 28 miles how the crow flies. To drive there it says it would take an hour and 39 minutes.

NYwdwfan

how long would the ferry take?
Dock to dock with check-in it’s about an hour and 15 minutes - which is what it takes to drive around if there’s no traffic. We usually opt for the ferry since there’s basically never “no traffic” when driving around. At off peak times there’s usually road construction so it’s easier just to take the ferry and relax.

Goofyernmost

Something with an 8-track!!
My time was way before that. Just a scratchy sounding AM radio. Actually my first car didn't even have a radio. As I remember, my first new car that I purchased just after I returned from Vietnam only had an AM radio, but while I was on R&R in Japan, I purchase an after market cassette/8 track player. It didn't last long because there were more moving parts in there then the deck of the Titanic. The 8 track and the cassette used the same opening and things had to fall out of the way when you pushed in the 8 track. However, while it was working it was great and the envy of all that saw it. The first one they sent me never got to me so I suspect that someone else had the same machine someplace between Japan and my place in Vermont. But, I wrote to the company in Japan and told them that I never received it and they immediately sent me another right away.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My time was way before that. Just a scratchy sounding AM radio. Actually my first car didn't even have a radio. As I remember, my first new car that I purchased just after I returned from Vietnam only had an AM radio, but while I was on R&R in Japan, I purchase an after market cassette/8 track player. It didn't last long there were more moving parts in there then the deck of the Titanic. The 8 track and the cassette used the same opening and things had to fall out of the way when you pushed in the 8 track. However, while it was working it was great and the envy of all that saw it. The first one they sent me never got to me so I suspect that someone else had the same machine someplace between Japan and my place in Vermont. But, I wrote to the company in Japan and told them that I never received it and they immediately sent me another right away.
My new car doesn’t have a CD player. That surprised me.

Goofyernmost

My new car doesn’t have a CD player. That surprised me.
There should be a small slit just below the radio. If you transfer your CD's to the computer, then you can download all the music your heart desires on a flash drive stick used in one of the ports that are made for them in your car or a SDHC memory card that holds all the music anyone could possible have access to. And that last one the memory is about the size of a postage stamp. Yes, it does require a computer with a memory card port and have transferred your CD's to the computer. It takes just a few minutes to download everything you have to the stick or the memory card. When it is put in the car it settles in on the media area. It automatically puts titles of album in alphabetic order as long as they are legit CD's and not hacked from someplace it will list them on the screen, and have the playlist visible as well and from that point on you can just turn it on and listen to uninterrupted music for hours.

1594566647583.png 1594566692009.pngThe stick is bigger then the picture and the card is slightly smaller then pictured.

I am a lover of modern technology. It does take a little effort to download your CD's to your computer, but you will never have to change any CD's while you are driving again. The picture shows a 16GB but I have a 128GB one and I honestly believe that one can practically download all the music in the world on that one little stamp sized card. I have about 40 full albums loaded on mine and I have only used about 10% of capacity.

When something is playing the name of the album, the name of the artist(s) and the name of the song that is currently playing will appear on your dashboard screen. It is one of the few things in life that I am constantly in awe of. I don't know how it works, but like when you plug in a lamp you get light and that is all I need to know. Same with this technology.

NYwdwfan

There should be a small slit just below the radio. If you transfer your CD's to the computer, then you can download all the music your heart desires on a flash drive stick used in one of the ports that are made for them in your car or a SDHC memory card that holds all the music anyone could possible have access to. And that last one the memory is about the size of a postage stamp. Yes, it does require a computer with a memory card port and have transferred your CD's to the computer. It takes just a few minutes to download everything you have to the stick or the memory card. When it is put in the car it settles in on the media area. It automatically puts titles of album in alphabetic order as long as they are legit CD's and not hacked from someplace it will list them on the screen, and have the playlist visible as well and from that point on you can just turn it on and listen to uninterrupted music for hours.

View attachment 483148 View attachment 483149The stick is bigger then the picture and the card is slightly smaller then pictured.

I am a lover of modern technology. It does take a little effort to download your CD's to your computer, but you will never have to change any CD's while you are driving again. The picture shows a 16GB but I have a 128GB one and I honestly believe that one can practically download all the music in the world on that one little stamp sized card. I have about 40 full albums loaded on mine and I have only used about 10% of capacity.

When something is playing the name of the album, the name of the artist(s) and the name of the song that is currently playing will appear on your dashboard screen. It is one of the few things in life that I am constantly in awe of. I don't know how it works, but like when you plug in a lamp you get light and that is all I need to know. Same with this technology.
I usually stream from my phone - never thought to look for an SD card slot. I know I have USB ports but I honestly thought it was for a charging cable it never occurred to me to plug in a flash drive. My parents would probably LOVE that. Well my dad would. My mom would curse me for giving them a flash drive loaded with Willie Nelson and Johnny Mac Brown.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

View attachment 483148 View attachment 483149The stick is bigger then the picture and the card is slightly smaller then pictured.

Yup, I have all of that. Plus Bose, Sirius, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I was just surprised how quickly CD-players have become antiquated.

Goofyernmost

I usually stream from my phone - never thought to look for an SD card slot. I know I have USB ports but I honestly thought it was for a charging cable it never occurred to me to plug in a flash drive. My parents would probably LOVE that. Well my dad would. My mom would curse me for giving them a flash drive loaded with Willie Nelson and Johnny Mac Brown.
I didn't notice the lack of a CD player in my car until after I bought it. I was very upset and wishing I had noticed it before hand. And to be honest I had never heard of it. But, the salesman offered to help me figure it out so he could have a happy customer. I figured it out for myself and am amazed on how well it works. The sound quality is great and the supply of new music is almost bound less. I know that the stuff I have on mine can play continuously all the way from my house to WDW (about 9.5 hours) and never hear the same song twice unless I push the repeat button on the screen. I'm so glad that I was able to figure out how to make it happen. Actually I have the card permanently in the slot in the car and only gets removed if i want to add anything to it. I have an identical menu on my stick flash drive as a backup.

Songbird76

That only works if you have a CD drive on your computer, which mine does not, and according to the electronics store where I bought it, CDs are now obsolete as everything is digital. They didn't have a single laptop that had a built-in CD/DVD drive. I was so angry, because I have a lot of DVDs and I loved to watch them when I was in the bath. I'd just set my laptop on the drawer unit and watch DVDs. But now I have no way to play my DVDs unless I can find the remote for the DVD player.

Goofyernmost

That only works if you have a CD drive on your computer, which mine does not, and according to the electronics store where I bought it, CDs are now obsolete as everything is digital. They didn't have a single laptop that had a built-in CD/DVD drive. I was so angry, because I have a lot of DVDs and I loved to watch them when I was in the bath. I'd just set my laptop on the drawer unit and watch DVDs. But now I have no way to play my DVDs unless I can find the remote for the DVD player.
Wow, really? I don't think I have ever seen a desk top that didn't have a CD slot or even a laptop for that matter, but I can assure you that I am not a computer expert. It would seem foolish to not include that since there are so many things that are still in CD form. The only thing I ever heard about was the car and that was very recent and would need the other stuff to work. That would be like going backward in technology. Maybe that would be a good business opportunity to transfer CD's to memory card. It is a beautiful set up for car usage. I really don't think that CD's are obsolete yet, they still have many functions that the little memory card does not do. Even new programs or equipment still need that slot to load many on the machine.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

They do sell external DVD drives that plug into the USB port - here they cost about $25.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom