Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I bought a new kettle.
View attachment 212259

Say what?
View attachment 212260

Oh look, the other side of the box.
View attachment 212261

No matter. I'm keeping it anyway. The cream colour compliments my cupboards and backsplash.
My SMEG is dead. The on/off toggle will not stay depressed. For tea #1 last night, I had to stand there and hold it. For tea #2, I used the handle of the heaviest ceramic mug to hold it down.

I was thinking we’ve only had it for a year, but it looks like I bought it 28 months ago. Still, for the price of it, I was expecting more. A new $30 Black and Decker model will be delivered on Thursday.

Songbird76

My SMEG is dead. The on/off toggle will not stay depressed. For tea #1 last night, I had to stand there and hold it. For tea #2, I used the handle of the heaviest ceramic mug to hold it down.

I was thinking we’ve only had it for a year, but it looks like I bought it 28 months ago. Still, for the price of it, I was expecting more. A new $30 Black and Decker model will be delivered on Thursday.
2 years doesn't seem like an especially long lifespan for an appliance, but....what is a SMEG?

Songbird76

Smeg (apparently not “SMEG”, although it’s an acronym for four names) is a high end appliance manufacturer from Italy.

View attachment 421335
So it's basically a water cooker? Boy, that didn't last long! My water cooker has been going strong for several years....though I don't drink tea at all and I don't use it very often. Only to make cup-o-soup or hot chocolate. But still, 2 years doesn't seem long. I'm sorry it's already going! Is there a warranty on it?

edited to correct the spelling of "warranty". I'm having a day.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So it's basically a water cooker? Boy, that didn't last long! My water cooker has been going strong for several years....though I don't drink tea at all and I don't use it very often. Only to make cup-o-soup or hot chocolate. But still, 2 years doesn't seem long. I'm sorry it's already going! Is there a warrenty on it?
Website says 2 year warranty. Our kettle is used every day, multiple times.

Generally, I get 12-18 months out of a $30-$50 kettle, so I had higher expectations from this one.

PUSH

Original Poster
On top of my car this morning was probably 5-6 inches of snow. Luckily the ground is still warm enough, and it got warm enough today, to melt most of the snow. The roads were pretty good, with a few slick spots here and there. Tomorrow night and into Halloween, we are supposed to get some more.

It's also that time of year that my hands are constantly dry. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I wash my hands at school probably 10 times a day. There are a lot of questionable things that make me feel better if I wash my hands.

PUSH

Original Poster
Me: *remembers something I need to do before our class Halloween party on Thursday*

Me: *opens email to send myself an email reminder for when I get to work tomorrow*

Me: *sees another email*

Me: *reads said email*

Me: *forgets what I was going to remind myself of*

Me: *realizes this is not the first time this has happened this week*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom