Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Ugh!! For days people have been asking if this would be live streamed and no one seemed to have an answer. I gave up on thinking it would be live streamed, and now after reading your post (at 4 PM here), I'm reading that it was streamed? :banghead:
It wasn't streamed by Disney, but several member of the audience were streaming on YouTube.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It wasn't streamed by Disney, but several member of the audience were streaming on YouTube.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm now up to page 113 on the D23 thread. Still reading . . .

Oh, your quick updates above were actually all I needed to find out! ;) Thanks for sharing, just in case I can't force myself to read that entire thread. :p (Gotta say though, that Marni had some really funny comments.)

PUSH

Original Poster
Thanks for the clarification. I'm now up to page 113 on the D23 thread. Still reading . . .

Oh, your quick updates above were actually all I needed to find out! ;) Thanks for sharing, just in case I can't force myself to read that entire thread. :p (Gotta say though, that Marni had some really funny comments.)
If I go into a N&R thread, it's usually just to see Martin's posts.

And I'm glad I helped! Nothing earth-shattering announced. We knew all of the things announced already. But it's a nice summary for people like me who don't frequent the N&R too much.

SteveBrickNJ

Even though I don't have to go back until Wednesday, I feel like summer is over. :( But hoping for a great year ahead!
This is my last week of no school. Thankfully I return on Tues. Sept. 3rd (Teachers in service) and students have their first day Wed. Sept 4th. I miss the kids and I miss the paycheck. I was last paid on June 24th and finally I will receive my first pay for this year on Sept 10th. 😁

Goofyernmost

This is my last week of no school. Thankfully I return on Tues. Sept. 3rd (Teachers in service) and students have their first day Wed. Sept 4th. I miss the kids and I miss the paycheck. I was last paid on June 24th and finally I will receive my first pay for this year on Sept 10th. 😁
Yea, but the thing is you got paid a years pay over a 9 month span and as an educator one should be able to budget so that no one misses a beat. I do know, however, that the security of a pay check every two weeks (probably) is much more comforting. ;):p

SteveBrickNJ

Yea, but the thing is you got paid a years pay over a 9 month span and as an educator one should be able to budget so that no one misses a beat. I do know, however, that the security of a pay check every two weeks (probably) is much more comforting. ;):p
Yes sir... I'm an educator who is able to budget. (Since last year I worked from early Sept. until June 24th I prefer to think of myself as a 10 month employee)....Yet getting back to the money set aside topic...it is not fun for my wife to see that money we set aside getting smaller and smaller. Naturally she will be feeling more financial freedom to spend money once I begin getting paid again. ;)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yes sir... I'm an educator who is able to budget. (Since last year I worked from early Sept. until June 24th I prefer to think of myself as a 10 month employee)....Yet getting back to the money set aside topic...it is not fun for my wife to see that money we set aside getting smaller and smaller. Naturally she will be feeling more financial freedom to spend money once I begin getting paid again. ;)
Yea, it is nice to get a few pluses instead of a steady outflow of money.

PUSH

Original Poster
Our district, and most around here, offer us our salary over 9 months or 12 months. So that means a smaller amount over 12 months, but we can have a steady income.

SteveBrickNJ

Our district, and most around here, offer us our salary over 9 months or 12 months. So that means a smaller amount over 12 months, but we can have a steady income.
That's what my wife wants. It'll never happen. July and August we've always lived off our savings.

Goofyernmost

That's what my wife wants. It'll never happen. July and August we've always lived off our savings.
Not really you were living off the advanced paychecks. Money you would have gotten if you had been paid over 12 months. The thing that bothered me about that system was that with the higher biweekly paychecks over the 9 month span more withholding usually came out of it because it fooled the charts into thinking it was going to be going on all year thus a higher income in the end and put people in a higher tax bracket.

I used to do the payroll for a school district in Vermont and got those concerns all the time about how we were taking to much out and they didn't want to voluntarily give that much excess to the government so that it could be used by the government interest free. Valid concern, but at the time difficult to do anything about it. That was 30 years ago, so perhaps systems have changed now, but, it was a nightmare back then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom