Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Did you buy cookies and put them on a tray? I would have ;)
They certainly look pretty enough to have been bakery made. Turns out though, she went to a class.

I always think I want to take some or other kind of class - pottery, cake decorating, cooking, computers .... And then, I never do. Partly my schedule, partly I’m lazy, but mostly because I’m anti-social.

Goofyernmost

The article says "Leave A Legacy photos will move into a new setting just outside the park’s gateway. While the photos will be staying, the granite columns will not be part of the new display."
Just the plaques are being relocated. The granite tombstones are gonzo!
I don't expect them to be the giant monoliths, but, I don't see how they can remove them from the granite without doing a whole lot of damage to them. Those are independent slabs of granite or whatever composite they used. They are flat pieces, fastened on four corners and hollow inside. They won't be in their present form, but, I would bet the farm that they will not be removed from the stone they are glued too.

NYwdwfan

Christmas

This was stuck in my multi-quote and I have no clue why!!

They certainly look pretty enough to have been bakery made. Turns out though, she went to a class.

I always think I want to take some or other kind of class - pottery, cake decorating, cooking, computers .... And then, I never do. Partly my schedule, partly I’m lazy, but mostly because I’m anti-social.

My sisier works with the woman and arranged it. I never take the initiative on these things.

Those really look very professional. You're talented! :happy:

Thank you! Turns out once you get over the initial anxiety it was kind of fun!

The donut and girl in a santa coat were my favorite. They definitely photograph well - hides the imperfections!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don't expect them to be the giant monoliths, but, I don't see how they can remove them from the granite without doing a whole lot of damage to them. Those are independent slabs of granite or whatever composite they used. They are flat pieces, fastened on four corners and hollow inside. They won't be in their present form, but, I would bet the farm that they will not be removed from the stone they are glued too.
Time will tell, I guess.

Either way, the tombstones as we know them will still be gonzo. I, too, would bet the farm that once they’re relocated they will look nothing like they do now - granite slabs or no granite slabs.

Goofyernmost

The article says "Leave A Legacy photos will move into a new setting just outside the park’s gateway. While the photos will be staying, the granite columns will not be part of the new display."
Time will tell, I guess.

Either way, the tombstones as we know them will still be gonzo. I, too, would bet the farm that once they’re relocated they will look nothing like they do now - granite slabs or no granite slabs.
I agree that the tombstones, as we know them, are out. but, and I am guessing here, they will remain on the original slabs and just be presented differently. To be honest, if that Legacy program would have taken hold and all those stones had been filled up, I might think differently about them. I thought about doing one when it was first begun, then I got a look at the low quality, teeny tiny postage stamp photos (etchings) they were doing and thought, what a ripoff. I'm glad that some people really liked them, but, to me it was a waste of money. I would have liked to get one of the paving stones in front of MK, that at least will probably not be torn up unless they change the entrance completely.
Unless they have taken them out, I hardly ever look down when I'm walking so they might be gone too.
That might explain my leg injury on those stairs 10 years ago. 🤪

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

In unrelated news, Hubby is away this weekend. 😂

Darn, if only I had some type of class to take.
I'm shocked... I always thought that you came as a pair and were never apart, ever! Sort of like salt and pepper shakers. Well, in your cases what with your hair going white and all and his height... salt shaker and pepper grinder. Whatever will you do?

Last edited:

Songbird76

Not at all. I’d say that’s Mike, except he hasn’t seen Ski’s finger even once since it happened. 😂

I’m not that squeamish, and more importantly, that’s my kid. I can do anything for my kid.

Except the stinky work boot thing. That’s a whole different kettle of fish.
You are a stronger woman than I. I didn't look at the pictures, because I am squeamish, but even more so when it's my kid. I WISH I could do anything for my kid.

Songbird76

Two takeaways from this article ....
a) Canada does not have a spare trillion dollars
b) The vote was 15-5 against Montana being sold to Canada. Like who are these 5 politicians that actually voted FOR it?!?

Is this a satire news site? To be fair, I doubt anyone would miss Montana....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom