Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
From the surgeon earlier today.

Too late to immobilize it. Should have been casted from the get go.

It’s a bone on bone impact fracture - femur forcefully hitting the shin bone upon falling. Also tore the meniscus at the same spot.

That’s the lateral side - outer knee.

The inner knee (medial side) which hurts all the time is actually caused by thinning cartilage unrelated to this. Old injury of some sort.

I need to stay off it as much as possible. Continue with strengthening exercises at physio.

It appears to be continuing to heal slowly on its own. If it stops feeling marginally better week over week, or gets worse, I’ll need another MRI and surgery.

Arthritis in the joint is now 100% guaranteed.

Long story short - basically keep on doing what I’m doing. A little bit of physio and a whole lot of lying around. It’s a double eviction 2-hour Big Brother tonight, so I’m good.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Wow, I'm amazed you have been able to function so much with it that way. What a lucky break (sorry, no pun intended) that you were able to get that MRI done early so treatments can start and you can heal correctly. 🙂 With all that you and your family have been through lately I hope you luck turns around soon.
Bad luck (for lack of a better term) seems to come in batches; but so do blessings.

I’ll have some of those please, Lord.

Songbird76

From the surgeon earlier today.

Too late to immobilize it. Should have been casted from the get go.

It’s a bone on bone impact fracture - femur forcefully hitting the shin bone upon falling. Also tore the meniscus at the same spot.

That’s the lateral side - outer knee.

The inner knee (medial side) which hurts all the time is actually caused by thinning cartilage unrelated to this. Old injury of some sort.

I need to stay off it as much as possible. Continue with strengthening exercises at physio.

It appears to be continuing to heal slowly on its own. If it stops feeling marginally better week over week, or gets worse, I’ll need another MRI and surgery.

Arthritis in the joint is now 100% guaranteed.

Long story short - basically keep on doing what I’m doing. A little bit of physio and a whole lot of lying around. It’s a double eviction 2-hour Big Brother tonight, so I’m good.
And the hits just keep on coming! What does that mean for your work schedule? Are you on crutches now?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And the hits just keep on coming! What does that mean for your work schedule? Are you on crutches now?
I’m in between phases at work, so I’ve been off since early December.

We’re not re-opening for another three weeks - at the absolute earliest.

My job is not physically taxing. It’s the 70 minute commute each way that might be an issue.

Goofyernmost

I’m in between phases at work, so I’ve been off since early December.

We’re not re-opening for another three weeks - at the absolute earliest.

My job is not physically taxing. It’s the 70 minute commute each way that might be an issue.
Good grief, sorry to hear all that, but, didn't you just spend time in NYC and then a trip to Tennessee? I would think that a 70 minute commute would be a piece of King Cake.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Good grief, sorry to hear all that, but, didn't you just spend time in NYC and then a trip to Tennessee? I would think that a 70 minute commute would be a piece of King Cake.
I wasn’t doing the driving. Both my hip and knee are my right leg.

Goofyernmost

I wasn’t doing the driving. Both my hip and knee are my right leg.
When I had my knee surgery it was also on my right side and I drove with a full leg velcro brace on it for two months. The only real problem I had was getting in the car. After I mastered that the sky was the limit.
I probably should point out that I wasn't supposed to be driving, but, I was indeed doing so. It will take a lot to pry my cold, dead hands off the steering wheel of my car. 🥴

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom