Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Tick Tock

Everyone that I've talked to that's ridden it has been disappointed by it.
That doesn't sound too promising. :( I wonder how it stacks up against rides such as LWTL (which is actually a must-do of mine. I love the rainforest, prairie, farm scenes at the beginning. Just relaxing ambiance.) If others who enjoy that also dislike River Journey, then that's really concerning.

Eric1955

I'll preface this by saying that I was never excited for Pandora. I've never seen Avatar, I've never wanted to see Avatar, and I still don't want to see Avatar. I've had such little interest in Pandora that I haven't followed its construction. My reaction to the announcement of Pandora was disappointment. I just have zero interest in Avatar and I still wanted something like Beastly Kingdom.

That said, I have to say that Pandora is extremely well done. It's visually a fantastic looking land and Flight of Passage is an incredible ride. First of all, the queue for FoP is really impressive. I especially liked the caverns when you first go in.

I didn't have the highest expectations going into FoP. I figured it would be a nice enough ride but that's about it. I have to say, however, that I was really impressed. I was smiling the whole time. It's just a lot of fun. The experience is a lot like Soarin' but more intense. You really feel like your plumeting downward. It's just a lot of fun. I still have to ask, "Why Avatar of all things?" But it's an incredible ride nonetheless.

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

IMG_3854.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_3841.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

PUSH

Original Poster
That doesn't sound too promising. :( I wonder how it stacks up against rides such as LWTL (which is actually a must-do of mine. I love the rainforest, prairie, farm scenes at the beginning. Just relaxing ambiance.) If others who enjoy that also dislike River Journey, then that's really concerning.
LwtL is one of my favorite rides. That and SSE are my two favorite rides at Epcot. Granted, I've never been on the new Soarin' or Frozen, but they both topped TT and the old Soarin' in my book.

Eric1955

I love LWTL too. The complaints I've heard about NRJ have all been the same. It's too short, mostly screens, and a little boring. It's probably a decent enough ride. Just not worth the current wait times. A guy I was talking to this week told me to ride NRJ before FoP or I would be really disappointed by it. I obviously didn't take his advice though.

Eric1955

LwtL is one of my favorite rides. That and SSE are my two favorite rides at Epcot. Granted, I've never been on the new Soarin' or Frozen, but they both topped TT and the old Soarin' in my book.

SSE would probably be my favorite WDW ride if it weren't for that ending. For now Pirates is my favorite even though it pales in comparison to the DL version.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
My favourite overall attraction depends on the day. I jump gleefully between Tower of Terror, Soarin' and Splash Mountain for #1.

Rounding out the top five are Pirates and Space Mountain.

I really love Frozenstrom and Mine Train, so they would be six and seven.

And we'll close out the top ten (in no particular order) with IaSW, Haunted Mansion, and Expedition Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom