Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acishere

@acishere I clicked on your post to reply and then read another 3 pages and I am NOT going back to look for your post so I am tagging you. :p

The village is definitely more like a small country. We just bought dining room furniture in February and prior to that my dining room was empty (since we bought the house 15 years ago!!) so the tree went in there and the village started underneath it but took up the entire room. This is the first year the tree is in the living room and we moved furniture to clear half the room to accommodate it. I THOUGHT we would get a small tree and put it in the corner and skip the village (since my 60 pound puppy is going to trample it) but when my husband came home from the tree lot with treezilla I knew he had something else in mind.
Your husband is taking the Clark Griswold approach to the amount of Christmas decorations one needs.

Across the street had the same massive village that took up a whole room apparently when they were younger, but they gave away a huge portion of the village to their kids when they grew up. The last version they had took up a quarter and even that took ages to put up. They are both about 90 now so the big village and tree is done with. Just a table top one with one village piece next to it.
The Village.jpg

If I had room I would try to set up one a similar size. I was going to put up my mom's village if her tree wound up being too short. But now her tree is too short and mine has a concrete block holding it down. So the little village gets another year in storage too. Which is sad, even if the village bakery was ruined with a Starbucks overlay:
100_0214.JPG

Nemo14

Your husband is taking the Clark Griswold approach to the amount of Christmas decorations one needs.

Across the street had the same massive village that took up a whole room apparently when they were younger, but they gave away a huge portion of the village to their kids when they grew up. The last version they had took up a quarter and even that took ages to put up. They are both about 90 now so the big village and tree is done with. Just a table top one with one village piece next to it.
View attachment 40943

If I had room I would try to set up one a similar size. I was going to put up my mom's village if her tree wound up being too short. But now her tree is too short and mine has a concrete block holding it down. So the little village gets another year in storage too. Which is sad, even if the village bakery was ruined with a Starbucks overlay:
View attachment 40945

I have a Department 56 New England village that I love, but Thelma and Louise attack it if I put it up, so for now it stays in storage.

NYwdwfan

View attachment 40943

View attachment 40945

That's pretty much what our village looks like. Except he uses astroturf underneath and scatters the snow. And of course there's the train that circles the whole village (it pumps out steam and has announcements that are as difficult to decipher as the Long Island Railroad's), the highlight of which is when the train goes through the giant mountain he crafted out of papier mache' and chicken wire (did somebody say chicken??!). We should have it up by Sunday evening - I'll post photos.

NYwdwfan

I have a Department 56 New England village that I love, but Thelma and Louise attack it if I put it up, so for now it stays in storage.

We have Cujo the 65 pound puppy to deal with so we got green temporary fence at Home Depot that attaches to the back of the couch and the back of the entertainment center on the opposite side of the room. I will post photos of that too.

Nemo14

Which parks are they going to? Do they use you as their Disneyparks expert?

No they're pretty expert themselves - his family are long-time DVC people. They're going to do a Christmas party and I'm not sure what else. Friends had invited them down to stay with them at the GF DVC, and they both had comp time coming from work, so they're doing a long weekend getaway.

Nemo14

We have Cujo the 65 pound puppy to deal with so we got green temporary fence at Home Depot that attaches to the back of the couch and the back of the entertainment center on the opposite side of the room. I will post photos of that too.
I never had a problem with having the village up when we had our Golden, but Thelma and Louise are just too mischievous. I have a bell ornament on the botoom of the tree, and I hear that thing ringing quite a bit at night...

Lucky

I never had a problem with having the village up when we had our Golden, but Thelma and Louise are just too mischievous. I have a bell ornament on the botoom of the tree, and I hear that thing ringing quite a bit at night...
Our cats always climbed and played in our artificial tree. This year we have a real one for the first time, and the cats haven't shown much interest in it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom