Where exactly does the Stitch hate stem from?

Krack

Test track too? Wow.

In the interest of conversation, could you give us a few examples of a situation where the attraction Disney installed was as good, or better than the one that preceded it?

Hmm ... as good? I think all of these are at least arguable ... Soarin', Star Tours 2.0, Captain EO (both times), Dreamflight, Buzz Lightyear, Alien Encounter, Country Bears Vacation Hoedown, Philharmagic, Legend of the Lion King.

This, of course, doesn't even begin to discuss the many great attractions that were built without removing something else ... Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, Horizons, Living Seas, Cranium Command, Body Wars, Maelstrom, Fantasmic, Expedition Everest, etc.

Although I'm really not a Stitch fan, I can say that he is a pretty good character................but the ride is just sooo bad. I can't even think where to start.

draybook

I'd shoot myself.

I never saw the movie either. Never interested me. I don't HATE the attraction. It has potential, but it goes nowhere. The character I hate because Disney shoved it down our throats, as others have said.

Lol, my son insists that we revisit it numerous times a day. Even if we're over at HM I'll ask what he wants to do next. Yeah, you guessed it....:cry:

People don't read on vacation.

They also won't let their kids prevent them from doing something they want to do.

This reminded me of a funny story. First time I went to WDW I was 12 and my nephew was 4. He was being a little *enter expletives here* and insisted on coming on ToT with me and my brother (his dad). He ignored anything we said to warn him not to so we ended up taking him on it....
He ended up absolutely terrified and was crying and screaming throughout - FUNNIEST THING IN THE WORLD!!! :ROFLOL:
Even now he's 18 we still remind him of this and he's not brought himself to go back on it.

As for stitch, my name gives away my feelings on him. I love the character, love the original film, not so keen on SGE but didnt like AE either.
I my opinion they dont have enough merchandise with stitch on it, Ive got almost everything the parks sell but want sooo much more!! :)

worldfanatic

I don't think this was well said. You could share with everyone why you think the movie is pure garbage.
The message? Characters? Plot? Animation? Explain.

Many people here admit they've never seen the movie. If you haven't then you should see it before making others opinions yours.

Where would you like me to begin.

The message? Being a brat is ok.
Characters? Ridiculous
Plot? Even by cartoon standards, outrageously over the top.

I love Disney, and pretty much every movie in their library.
Lilo and Stich is nowhere near Disney quality.
Lilo is a little brat. Stich is a little brat. And what a DUMB, DUMB, DUMB story.

I suppose I can understand how a child might like it, but adults????? Really?????

Have YOU watched it? Were you drunk when you did?

Horrible movie aside, "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" is a great song.

It's the one and only thing about LILO & STICH that isn't CRAP.

Animaniac93-98

Characters? Ridiculous

Lilo is a little brat. Stich is a little brat. And what a DUMB, DUMB, DUMB story.

I suppose I can understand how a child might like it, but adults????? Really?????

I have no idea where to begin with this "review", but in short I'm glad you're not paid to write movie critiques.

MissMorrow

Stitch is fine in the movie. In the parks, he's just annoying and obnoxious. It's like they let him loose to wreck havoc in the parks, and it's no longer amusing.

DisneyFan 2000

Characters? Ridiculous
I suppose I can understand how a child might like it, but adults????? Really???

Wow, really? The whole point of the movie was to show a monster grow a conscience. Moreover, to boil Lilo's well-done personality to her being a brat is not doing the movie justice. I find her to be one of the more compelling, complex Disney characters ever animated.

And no, not once during my many viewings was I drunk watching this.
I haven't been on SGE yet but I can see where all the hate comes from. This is clearly a character that overstayed his welcome: 2 sequels, a tv show, an attraction that clearly all it had in mind was pimping up the character some more, the monorail spiels and most within less than half a decade of existance. All the hate seen today is probably just left-overs from back then.

David S.

Wow, really? The whole point of the movie was to show a monster grow a conscience. Moreover, to boil Lilo's well-done personality to her being a brat is not doing the movie justice. I find her to be one of the more compelling, complex Disney characters ever animated.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten".

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

This movie tugs at my heartstrings like all the great Disney Animated Classics do. In a more "nontraditional" way, but that doesn't take anything away from it being a great movie, IMO.

jjharvpro

I think a lot of it has to do with Alien Encounter closing down, being replaced by Stitch. I hate Stitch's Great Escape, but I don't completely hate the character..

While Stitch is by far, not even close, to being my favorite Disney character, I respect it for being extremely popular(plus it's a newer Disney character).

MickeyPeace

I have no idea where to begin with this "review", but in short I'm glad you're not paid to write movie critiques.

I thought the exact same thing even with his first statement but didn't write it, lol.

As I said already, I've have seen the movie and it is one of my favorite Disney animated movies.

I am an adult and no I was not drunk while watching it. If I were drinking during it I'd want a rum based drink in a coconut though.

I think the message is awesome. Ohana means family. We are all family and no one gets left behind. Lilo is frustrated because she isn't accepted by the other kids. If that makes her seem like a brat to you then maybe watch it again.
Stitch is always causing mischief and Lilo and he find a friend in each other. The message is about love, acceptance and family. If those values are garbage to you then maybe it isn't the movie that stinks.

I also really like the Polynesian setting and characters.

David S.

I think the message is awesome. Ohana means family. We are all family and no one gets left behind. Lilo is frustrated because she isn't accepted by the other kids. If that makes her seem like a brat to you then maybe watch it again.
Stitch is always causing mischief and Lilo and he find a friend in each other. The message is about love, acceptance and family.

Well said! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

In addition to all that great stuff you said, I also like the way Stitch grows throughout the movie. "Experiment 626" is created to be a heartless monster, but as Stitch he is able to transcend this and learn to love. This says a lot, IMO, about free will and the potential of ALL beings to do good and be good.

stelledelmare

Original Poster
I thought the exact same thing even with his first statement but didn't write it, lol.

As I said already, I've have seen the movie and it is one of my favorite Disney animated movies.

I am an adult and no I was not drunk while watching it. If I were drinking during it I'd want a rum based drink in a coconut though.

Stitch is always causing mischief and Lilo and he find a friend in each other. The message is about love, acceptance and family. If those values are garbage to you then maybe it isn't the movie that stinks.

I also really like the Polynesian setting and characters.

Agreed, I'm not sure what movie that poster was watching but the message of the movie is beautiful. It teaches that a family doesn't have to be perfect to thrive and to love each other. Stitch learns that there's more to him than he thought, that he's not just a monster and Lilo learns that it's alright to be a little different. But even so they both learn that a family doesn't have to be exactly conventional so long as there's caring and love in it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
As I said earlier, I like the character and the film, just felt he was way overused in the parks.

I certainly don't think the film was "crap," nor was I drunk any of the times I watched it. I found the message it sends about family and acceptance to be beautiful. I also loved the way their family was "nontraditional" (a phrase I hate, incidentally..who's to say what makes a family traditional) and the message it sent to the millions of kids whose families are a little "different." That, more than anything, is why I think the film is outstanding.

wdwfan100

For me the dislike came from a perception that Disney was forcing this brand down our throats. Stitch seemed to be getting placed everywhere. I just didn't appreciate it. Of course I still blame Pooh for Mr. Toad going away. :D

FigmentJedi

Stitch's Great Escape, it's opening ceremony with the castle TP and Disney marketing turning him into a Disney version of Poochie. If marketing got their way, every character would be asking "Where's Stitch?" and Stitch would be made even louder, angrier and have access to a time machine

jlandis44

For us, Stitch was just OK as a movie/TV character. Once we tried the Great Escape experience at MK, let's just put it this way...my son, who was 7 at the time, walked out with me and said, "Daddy...I think I need a shower." And, he's a typical kid who NEVER asks to shower! Stitch is now known to us as "Stinky Stitch". So, for us, the "ride' took us from indifferent to him as a character to dislike. Hatred is too strong of a word for something as irrelavant as a movie/TV character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom