Where do the Dr Strange park rights lie?

Stupido

I don’t think The Eternals will have much park presence.

I honestly doubt they even get a sequel now lol. Their stories might continue as side characters in other characters’ movies.
I dunno, I wouldn't underestimate Feige's persistence. I think a second movie focusing on Thena, Makkari, Druig, Pip, and Eros while featuring the rest of the Eternals in very supportive roles is exactly what that franchise needs to get back on course. Those characters were easily the standouts in the movie, and connected with the audience more than any of the others, so it seems like a no-brainer to continue with them leading the focus. I could see Feige trying to double down just to prove a point. Like all the world building he's done post Age of Ultron to make that movie palatable.

erasure fan1

I could see Feige trying to double down just to prove a point. Like all the world building he's done post Age of Ultron to make that movie palatable.
Feige has done amazing things with the MCU. But Age of Ultron is the Shawshank redemption compared to Eternals. Of course I don't see why Ulton is so disliked. I'd put it as my most underrated MCU film.

Kingoglow

I dunno, I wouldn't underestimate Feige's persistence. I think a second movie focusing on Thena, Makkari, Druig, Pip, and Eros while featuring the rest of the Eternals in very supportive roles is exactly what that franchise needs to get back on course. Those characters were easily the standouts in the movie, and connected with the audience more than any of the others, so it seems like a no-brainer to continue with them leading the focus. I could see Feige trying to double down just to prove a point. Like all the world building he's done post Age of Ultron to make that movie palatable.

I am not arguing that picking up the sequel with the crew on the ship would lead to a good story arc, but I would say that Makkari and Eros were barely in the movie at all so I don't think either would land in the fan-favorite category.

Stupido

I am not arguing that picking up the sequel with the crew on the ship would lead to a good story arc, but I would say that Makkari and Eros were barely in the movie at all so I don't think either would land in the fan-favorite category.
I absolutely see your point that they both weren’t featured enough to truly warrant being fan-favorites, however:

With Makkari, one of the biggest takeaways I saw online after this movie was that people LOVED Druig and Makkari’s relationship, and thought the sfx of her powers were the coolest in the movie. They’ve universally been said to be the most imaginative and appealing sfx for a speedster in live action to date. Sure, she comes into the action of the movie a little bit too late to make the biggest splash, but I think she made an impression.

And with Eros, it’s literally Harry Styles. With his rabid fan base, I’m sure a fully featured role would boost ticket sales. I personally know 5 people who bought tickets to see the Eternals just because they heard he was in it. For those who don’t care about Harry, Eros is literally the brother of Thanos. When that line was said, audible gasps were heard around my theater. Between the fans of Starfox from the comics, and people who have just seen the movies and want to know what Thanos’ brother might be like, I feel like Eros will be a huge fan favorite when they continue his story.

Of course the way the MCU is structured, we have a toooooon of things to work through before we even have the slightest chance of seeing the Eternals again, so I guess we’ll see in like 5-10 years 😭😭🤣🤣

Basil of Baker Street

Exactly, Star Tours is still the only good star wars ride. Who would want to get rid of the only place you get to see the greatest villain in all of cinema? Boggles the mind they don't use more Darth Vader. They need re-theme GE to Tattoine already.
Why is everyone chomping at the bit for re-themes? Demand new rides to increase park capacities, no more cheap re-themes

Anteater

True. But I could make a really great argument that it's the "Avengers family."
Here's the Mommy Avenger (Wanda Vision), Daddy Avenger (Vision), brother Avenger (Billy Maximoff) and Sister Avenger (Future Gamora).
1651084254005.png

Communicora

Premium Member
Star Tours needs to be updated as an additional entry to Galaxy's Edge.

It's already a space port - route an exit around Muppets and into GE. I know there are infrastructure issues but make it happen anyway.
I'm guessing they won't do that for a lot of reasons, but in my opinion it's because it would just highlight how weak Smuggler's Run is as a ride. The experience of seeing the Falcon and then walking through it is great, but the ride itself just isn't that fun. Star Tours is more enjoyable.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Original Poster
Exactly, Star Tours is still the only good star wars ride. Who would want to get rid of the only place you get to see the greatest villain in all of cinema? Boggles the mind they don't use more Darth Vader. They need re-theme GE to Tattoine already.
Even if they were to change Galaxy’s Edge’s era into the original trilogy, I don’t think they’d need to change it to Tattoine. Batuu would’ve still existed in that era.

I definitely think it was a mistake not designing that land in a way where they can easily retheme it to the three eras of Star Wars. Especially with how The Mandalorian has become the biggest Star Wars thing since the OT & they can’t utilize it in GE.

They could’ve rotated it out like every 3 years into a new era & then just repeat.

SpectreJordan

Original Poster
It’s interesting that Moon Knight was able to escape the Avenger clause while Mantis,seemingly, wasn’t. Their duration as Avengers are sort of similar to my knowledge.

doctornick

It’s interesting that Moon Knight was able to escape the Avenger clause while Mantis,seemingly, wasn’t. Their duration as Avengers are sort of similar to my knowledge.
We don’t really know about Mantis. She might not be allowed or possibly they didn’t want to use her for the ride. The used adult Groot so they perhaps were setting it closer to GotG 1 (acknowledging that the parks and movies aren’t necessarily the same timeline).

Nebula isn’t on the ride either and she is part of the team now I guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom