Where do the Dr Strange park rights lie?

SpectreJordan

Original Poster
With Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opening soon, I’ve been thinking about other ways that Disney can bring Marvel to Disney World.

I know that the Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men & Fantastic Four are off the table. But with all of the new blood Marvel has been bringing to the mainstream, I think they might give Disney enough fuel to open up their own Marvel land.

The character I’m most curious about is Dr Strange. I know he’s had a Meet & Greet at DHS in the past. But I’ve also heard he has some presence at Universal; I’m not sure how accurate that is. I haven’t been in years (will fix that soon) & I don’t remember seeing him anywhere.

I think Strange has a ton of potential for an amazing attraction. He’s also the perfect candidate for the “central character” of a Marvel land since he’s already established & has been in multiple movies. But if Disney can’t actually use him, that’d hurt a Marvel land’s potential… at least for now.

The other characters I think could be in a Disney Marvel land are Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, Blade, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Nova & maybe Ms Marvel (her name could be an issue?). There’s more that I think Disney could use but I’d say those would be the big ones to base the land around.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opening soon, I’ve been thinking about other ways that Disney can bring Marvel to Disney World.

I know that the Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men & Fantastic Four are off the table. But with all of the new blood Marvel has been bringing to the mainstream, I think they might give Disney enough fuel to open up their own Marvel land.

The character I’m most curious about is Dr Strange. I know he’s had a Meet & Greet at DHS in the past. But I’ve also heard he has some presence at Universal; I’m not sure how accurate that is. I haven’t been in years (will fix that soon) & I don’t remember seeing him anywhere.

I think Strange has a ton of potential for an amazing attraction. He’s also the perfect candidate for the “central character” of a Marvel land since he’s already established & has been in multiple movies. But if Disney can’t actually use him, that’d hurt a Marvel land’s potential… at least for now.

The other characters I think could be in a Disney Marvel land are Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, Blade, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Nova & maybe Ms Marvel (her name could be an issue?). There’s more that I think Disney could use but I’d say those would be the big ones to base the land around.

The fact that he had the M&G suggests that he is available for Disney to use.

doctornick

I have mentioned it before, but I think DHS would benefit from having a Chinese themed area for the park that can house both a Shang-Chi attraction and also a Dr. Strang One (with him working out the Hong Kong sanctum). Would also offer the opportunity for some Asian food in the park which would be a nice variety to current offerings. I'm sure they could also have another attraction based on The Eternals fighting a Deviant or a Wakanda outreach program or Moon Knight hunting an Egyptian artifact there as well.

Stupido

A Kamar-Taj mini-land extension of Asia or in Hollywood would be really cool. I could see a cool E ticket ride with Strange going through the multiverse, an easy way to work in all of the Marvel characters Disney can use in Orlando. The theming could be absolutely stunning, and I think there’s room for a stage show, and restaurant. Black Panther always seemed the way to go in Orlando, but Strange makes so much more sense. 🤔🤔

SpectreJordan

Original Poster
A Kamar-Taj mini-land extension of Asia or in Hollywood would be really cool. I could see a cool E ticket ride with Strange going through the multiverse, an easy way to work in all of the Marvel characters Disney can use in Orlando. The theming could be absolutely stunning, and I think there’s room for a stage show, and restaurant. Black Panther always seemed the way to go in Orlando, but Strange makes so much more sense. 🤔🤔
I have a feeling that Black Panther is off limits in Orlando. I feel there would’ve been a meet & greet by now if Disney could use him.

The character’s had heavy Avengers ties for decades & he also debuted in Fantastic Four. So I bet he’s with Universal, sadly.

cookiee_munster

Not that i'd want it. But if Tower of Terror were ever to get the Marvel treatment, i think Dr Strange would be a perfect fit to go into that attraction.

But I'd much rather Strange got his very own attraction somewhere in DHS. What with his ability to open portals to other worlds, imagineering really could go absolutely nuts with what they could dream up.

Kamikaze

Not that i'd want it. But if Tower of Terror were ever to get the Marvel treatment, i think Dr Strange would be a perfect fit to go into that attraction.

But I'd much rather Strange got his very own attraction somewhere in DHS. What with his ability to open portals to other worlds, imagineering really could go absolutely nuts with what they could dream up.
Its going to be rethemed to ScarJo's ToT movie. Make your peace with that now.

Kamikaze

I have a feeling that Black Panther is off limits in Orlando. I feel there would’ve been a meet & greet by now if Disney could use him.

The character’s had heavy Avengers ties for decades & he also debuted in Fantastic Four. So I bet he’s with Universal, sadly.
Black Panther (more specifically, T'Challa) is off limits at WDW. Wakanda is not. Theoretically they could use the new BP (out of costume) after BP: Wakanda Forever introduces him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom