Where can you enter in the back of Epcot?

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Is there like a secret door back there that bring you to another park? I'm confused, I heard things about this but never got the full story about it. Thanks in advance!

CThaddeus

There's no secret door, but if you go into the American Adventure, head into the gallery on the right, then keep heading back you'll eventually come across a large mirror. Knock three times lightly on it and say, "EPCOT, EPCOT, wherefore art thou Epcot?" Then step through the mirror. This takes you to an alternate universe where all of the great attractions from the Park's past await. You can go in Wonders of Life, Horizons, World of Motion, Ice Station Cool, Food Rocks, Kitchen Kabaret, the original Living Seas, and the original Journey Into Imagination. Tapestry of Nations also still runs every afternoon, and, in a twist from our universe, every country has an attraction.
Unfortunately, the magic only lasts until 9 pm, at which time you must step back through the mirror, or the glass shatters and you are thrown forcibly to the floor of the real world. My advice is to exit by 8:55 to avoid the pain.
Hope this helps!

PBarton

There's no secret door, but if you go into the American Adventure, head into the gallery on the right, then keep heading back you'll eventually come across a large mirror. Knock three times lightly on it and say, "EPCOT, EPCOT, wherefore art thou Epcot?" Then step through the mirror. This takes you to an alternate universe where all of the great attractions from the Park's past await. You can go in Wonders of Life, Horizons, World of Motion, Ice Station Cool, Food Rocks, Kitchen Kabaret, the original Living Seas, and the original Journey Into Imagination. Tapestry of Nations also still runs every afternoon, and, in a twist from our universe, every country has an attraction.
Unfortunately, the magic only lasts until 9 pm, at which time you must step back through the mirror, or the glass shatters and you are thrown forcibly to the floor of the real world. My advice is to exit by 8:55 to avoid the pain.
Hope this helps!
Superb!

:king:

CleveRocks

Is there like a secret door back there that bring you to another park? I'm confused, I heard things about this but never got the full story about it. Thanks in advance!
You're thinking of the International Gateway, an "back" entrance to Epcot in the World Showcase section of the park.

From there, you can walk to the Boardwalk area resorts, Swan/Dolphin. and eventually Disney-MGM Studios. There's also a boat system called FriendShip boats that follow that route.

There are no parking lots there and no bus service there.

Jenna

Do you have to be staying in a WDW resort to get through the gate? Can you walk to Epcot from here?

Nick Ray

There is also a path that you can walk to the Studios, you have to walk around the resorts, most people take the boat, but walking to Studios is an option as well... personaly I think its faster than taking the bus from the enterece of the park, expecially if you are at the back of Epcot and decide you want to go to MGM! The boat from the back enterence takes you to Boardwalk, then to Y&B Club, Swan and Dolphin, then to Studios, and then does that backwords, and so on and so on!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hope this helps!

I can't wait to try this. :animwink:

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yeah on a serious note....

So you can literally walk from the back of Epcot to MGM Studios in just a few minutes? I think I'm going to try this since it's a pain in the ______ to wait for those buses. How easy of a walk is it? How will I know where I'm going?

Kyle

Wilt Dasney

So you can literally walk from the back of Epcot to MGM Studios in just a few minutes? I think I'm going to try this since it's a pain in the ______ to wait for those buses. How easy of a walk is it? How will I know where I'm going?

Kyle

It's a very nice walk. If you keep up a good clip, you can make it in under 30 minutes, as I recall.

There's really no danger of getting lost. Just head through the Boardwalk and past the Swan and Dolphin. After that, just stay on the long stretch of sidewalk until you wind up at the Studios gate.

Nick Ray

Kyle

Its a very simple walk... long... but simple. I think there are directions posted, not really for sure. what I usually do is walk to Y&B if I see the boat is at Boardwalk, then just take the boat from there. then all you have to stop at is S&D then on to Studios!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just remember to cross the first bridge you come to outside Epcot and turn left at the end of the Boardwalk... or stay on the Yacht & Beach side and cross the second bridge - you`ll want to walk along the canal between the Boardwalk and the Swan. Past the end of the Boardwalk, then the tennis courts, then under East Buena Vista Drive. A few minutes later you`ll be at the Studios bus station. It`s about 1.3 miles turnstyle to turnstyle - a little less if you cut through the Boardwalks main reception and turn right in the front car park (heading for the tennis courts)

Hummer1676

Marni, god dang you are a repertoire of WDW info. A living legend of everything WDW. I am coming to you if i ever have any questions about WDW.

drdoom1001

I would say if the temperature is pretty hot and humid the whole walk from Epcot to MGM can tire you out!! The boats are pretty slow since they stop at all of the resorts,but at least there's a/c inside.If the weather isn't too hot I usually would walk the whole way.If you want a small shortcut,when you're walking by the Boardwalk resort next to the art gallery there is a hallway where the bathrooms are at that lead to the Boardwalk pool and on the other side of the pool is the walkway,if you go by here you save yourself from walking all the way around the Boardwalk complex!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom