Where can I go for positive news?

mharrington

Original Poster
I personally think there's a lot of negativity here, and while a lot of that is justified, granted, I feel it gets really old really fast. We are all Disney fans in my family, and we are as upset as anyone can get about what the powers that be are doing to the company. And yet, whenever I tell my family about it, including my mother, they just will say, "Oh, well, there's nothing we can do about it." I was criticized of often being upset and not looking for happier news sometimes. That's why I would like to ask, is there any place I can go for positive news on Disney, where things are not always criticism every which way you look?

JoeCamel

I personally think there's a lot of negativity here, and while a lot of that is justified, granted, I feel it gets really old really fast. We are all Disney fans in my family, and we are as upset as anyone can get about what the powers that be are doing to the company. And yet, whenever I tell my family about it, including my mother, they just will say, "Oh, well, there's nothing we can do about it." I was criticized of often being upset and not looking for happier news sometimes. That's why I would like to ask, is there any place I can go for positive news on Disney, where things are not always criticism every which way you look?
Right here

Club Cooloholic

Well, it's still open...unless there is a hard ticket event they are holding...or they closed for a corporate event or its blizzard beach

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I feel that Disney Food Blog (which, despite its name, isn’t just about food) does a good job of remaining upbeat without denying the expense and stress that WDW can entail. I especially like their YouTube channel; AJ (the owner) has a very pleasant voice!

RobWDW1971

So you want to be lied to - got it.

Lilofan

A concierge at the Grand Floridian would be someone who talks everything positive.

Br0ckford

I get what you're saying. It can be hard sometimes to find positivity. I really think the negative stuff is just coming from a few though. I'm fairly newer here and you start to recognize the avatars. Just move on by those. I think the majority love Disney but have legit gripes. Once you start to filter through there is a lot of positivity here. Just Disney lovers talking about what they'd like to see. The trip report threads and trip planning threads are always very positive. Pic of the day, food pic thread, where in the world thread. The ladder thread cracks me up. I have learned to branch out to more then just the rumors and general discussion.

eliza61nyc

Like any other news you simply have to filter out the stuff and consider source. For example, I've never seen filthy bathrooms nor overflowing trash cans running rampant, so I pretty much ignore all those vents.
Also remember a lot of people here are old timers longing for the "good old days" again, I'm not trying to relive the 80s. Lol and lastly I think the major gripe is mostly entitlement.

If you want a great pick me up, go to the picture of the day or the trip report forum. Every one who visits is NOT disappointed.

Lastly the old saying "misery love company" is so true here lol . I think a lot of folks are mad because we DONT hate Disney 😄😃 it's like any other mob, it feeds off itself. It's very much like real life news, they're not going to give you a lot of upbeat stuff.

Get thee to the picture of the day or trip report forum

Last edited:

ppete1975

The Trackers for one. Worst thing I've heard Tim say is "mmm, I don't enjoy this food item that much, but you might!".

They're being paid by Disney, not a doubt in my mind lol
I dont think they are being paid, based on how often they are excluded from things and have been on the outs before. They also seem to spend alot of their own money at Disney.

I do think that they are afraid to say anything super critical out of fear of being on the other list that prevents them from ever getting anything free.

I think there are at least 3 tiers.

1) Bought and paid for by disney, invited to every event and given gift cards and expected to be super positive
2) Where most vloggers are.. they get invited to some things by disney (depending on how much exposure they want) like GE, Tron, Guardians.. the halcyon where they want as much exposure as possible and invite tons so the crowd is super big (but controlled by Disney) and they know the social media explosion talking about Disney will be huge.
3) Disney gives you nothing, you arent invited to anything and you have to work really hard to get back to level 2. Basically black balled due to comments that offended someone, or you said something critical about Disney.

The trackers have been in 3 and are just trying to stay in 2.

Its not just Disney I feel most companies that do these events have something similar.

bhg469

The Trackers for one. Worst thing I've heard Tim say is "mmm, I don't enjoy this food item that much, but you might!".

They're being paid by Disney, not a doubt in my mind lol
They're trying to get their press credentials back.. They never got "paid" they got invites to events that got their viewership numbers to go up. Paging Mr Morrow, if you can handle the super forced saccharin positivity, is still on Disney's good list. He is where you're going to see the over the top Disney positivity.

bhg469

There are a handful of Universal sites. Lots to look forward to up I-4.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom