Where are the best secret nap spots in WDW? Hammocks, beach chairs, etc.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Where can you find some good nap spots in WDW?

I love the lay out chars that you can fold all the way out on the beach at the Poly and Boardwalk resorts. Since we love to park hop.. we usually try to get to Ohana dinner like an hour early for a quick nap on those chairs on the beach.. its so relaxing watching the boats go back and forth while the castle sits in the background. Also during a long Epcot day I think its great to walk to the boardwalk and hit the little beach there and use those layout chairs too to grab a quick nap to recharge for a late night.

Anyway, what are your secret nap spots? And where can I find those hammocks I hear people talk about. Do any secret nap spots exist in the parks? I'm sort of looking for spots either in the parks or near them (like at a nearby resort such as the Poly etc)
:wave:

jessfriends

I know (as of summer 2006) that Coronado Springs had hammocks. I don't remember about Carribean Beach. It has been awhile since I stayed there. We have stayed at Coronado the last few times so I don't know about other resorts.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I have been know to snooze, usually holding one of my snoozing kids on the RailRoad or TTA. EEA was another snooze fest for our whole family, after the dino's my 2 and 3 year old crashed next thing I knew lights were coming on and DH was looking around starttled too! We all had a little recharge. :wave:

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

This post just makes me laugh, because it reminds me of a pic I have from like 10 years back of my daughter and husband by the statue of Walt and Mickey. In the background is a woman sitting upright on a bench, and she is totally sacked out.

So, I guess my answer is anyplace is good place to nap at WDW, if you are tired enough.

:)

Upvote 0

Scooter

I can hardly keep my eyes open when I see The American Adventure Show at The United States Pavillion.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the show. It's just that I've seen it 8 or 9 times now and now that I'm getting older, (Mid 50's) the air conditioning and comfy seats are very condusive to good napping.

Actually, a good idea is to get to the parks early, leave right after lunch, and then go back to your resort for a power nap. You'll be all refreshed for the evening shows/Attractions.

I have a hard time sleeping on those resort hammacks...there always seems to be some sort of noise going on around me ie. Friendships, Boats, helicopters, loud kids etc. Those lounge chairs by the beach/pools don't work for me either because I sleep on my side and it's painful in those chairs.:(

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I know (as of summer 2006) that Coronado Springs had hammocks. I don't remember about Carribean Beach. It has been awhile since I stayed there. We have stayed at Coronado the last few times so I don't know about other resorts.

Yes, CB has hammocks on the beaches. They are not easy to get though, people tend to like to use them :D

-dave

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Impressions de France is a good spot for me to take a little nap. Air conditioning, comfy seats, in a dark theatre with classical music playing. Does it every time.:lol:

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I attempted to nap in a few places at Epcot my last trip. My DH and I slept in Circle of Life (we even stayed in there for two showings) and I slept in Ellen. That was nice b/c I got a whole bench to myself! If SSE would have been open, I probably would have tried there too.

In MK...TTA. Hands down.

I've never left the parks mid-day, so I don't know any outside the parks, but these are some good suggestions for those who don't want to leave.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Two words: monorail resorts.

Staying in a monorail resort makes it quick and easy to pop back for a power nap - especially from MK or Epoct.

Monorail resorts aside - I've been known to nod off in SSE, EEA, AA & movie in France. Hmmm....all Epoct attractions :lookaroun . I only nod off if super tired from a late flight or a late night. Let's examine the parks for naportunities:

MK - TTA, HM, CoP - it's too bad there aren't any hamocks on TSI
Epoct - AA, SSE, EEA, IdF, CoL
DHS - BT (snooze fest these days), GMR, Indy (if the seats were more comfy)
DAK - Flame Tree seating area by the water (put 2 chairs together), train to RPW

That's all I can come up with. Anyone else?

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I have fallen asleep in one of the chairs by the Fantasia pool at AS Movies. We were leaving that afternoon & had about an hour before we had to be at the ME stop after we spent the mornin going to 3 of the parks.

Ellen's Energy Adventure, TTA, any of the 3D movies, CoP are all the places I can think of that I have either fallen asleep or gotten pretty close to it.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Who has time to nap after months of saving up for a trip to WDW?! :lol:

Everyone who put in serious overtime to GET there in the first place!

If you're in MK, and you HAVE to close your eyes, right that second, I always recommend going into the Kodak Pavilion. In the back is a little movie theater with a few dozen seats where they show Disney cartoons all day long. Dimly lit, and USUALLY not too loud, as everyone's more there to see the movies (or, like me, nap) then make a ruckus.

Upvote 0

smk

Hall of Presidents :snore: or the hammocks at the Poly or lounge chairs FW beach, depends on how tired you might be. One is at MK, making a nap spot really close, the others are quick boat rides away but involve some walking and plotting....depending on if the hammocks in question are occupied with other sleeping people. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

hpyhnt 1000

If you want to take a nap without missing an attraction, try the rocking chairs outside Hall of Presidents. Since there is about a 30 minute gap between shows, you can catch a good 20-25 minutes of sleep before the next group of people depart. Look for them just outside the exit.

Another palce to try is the rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's. For that matter, anywhere on Tom Saywer Island is a good place. Just be sure to wake up before the last raft departs! :lol:

There's a nice secluded seating area behind the old Skyride building in Tomorrowland. Look for the hallway that's to the left of the restrooms there.

What others have listed for Epcot are great, with UoE, IdF, AA.

The Great Movie ride in DHS is good, and the backlot ride may be a decent place as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom