Where are the best secret nap spots in WDW? Hammocks, beach chairs, etc.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Where can you find some good nap spots in WDW?

I love the lay out chars that you can fold all the way out on the beach at the Poly and Boardwalk resorts. Since we love to park hop.. we usually try to get to Ohana dinner like an hour early for a quick nap on those chairs on the beach.. its so relaxing watching the boats go back and forth while the castle sits in the background. Also during a long Epcot day I think its great to walk to the boardwalk and hit the little beach there and use those layout chairs too to grab a quick nap to recharge for a late night.

Anyway, what are your secret nap spots? And where can I find those hammocks I hear people talk about. Do any secret nap spots exist in the parks? I'm sort of looking for spots either in the parks or near them (like at a nearby resort such as the Poly etc)
:wave:

Disneykidder

When I first read this I thought it was meant to say snap...like in pictures. Naps...hmmm, never taken one in WDW....ever. I have fallen asleep on the monorail at midnight, fallen alseep on the noisy buses after a looong day at midnight but a nap???

But yeah, Carib. does have great hammocks.

Upvote 0

kelsar

How about Sounds Dangerous? I mean, come on--they even turn off all of the lights for you!

And I have to admit: I started dozing off during the Nemo musical last week.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I forgot about Sounds Dangerous - probably 'cos we always skip it - but it would be a great place for a nap.

The last time I walked into Project Tomorrow I saw several folks sacked out on the long benches in the middle of the room.

Upvote 0

WWallaceII

I was certainly close to napping in The Seas with Nemo and Friends, those clam-mobiles have an almost spongey feel to them, if you curve your body just right, you can get pretty snug!

Well, you can - up until you get a smack from the girlfriend for it!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I thought they plugged an apple in your mouth and stuffed you in the underground fire pit if you wern't staying at the Poly and tried to come within 14 paces of a hammock?

Upvote 0

kc1296426

How in the WORLD (no pun intended) can you go to sleep in the universe of energy? That thing is LOUD. Like, crazy loud. You all are crazy. :lol:
That's like going to sleep on rock n roller. Craazzy.

Upvote 0

chinitopoop

if i need a nap while i'm in mk, i just head over to the contemporary, if you take the escalators downstairs they have a whole area with just couches and lounges, i prop myself on one of those and i'm out for a good half hour, then when I get up I just go back upstairs and take the monorail back to the park, its great

Upvote 0

AllStarGuard

I can vouch for the hammocks at Caribbean Beach. When I was there about 12 years ago I totally zonked out for about an hour. We stayed in Jamaica and the steel drum band could be heard quite well from across the pond at Old Port Royale.

Another nice place is the back alley garden at Epcot in the UK. Against the walls near where the bandstand is located. There are a few benches trees over head...they are enough to provide shade or cover from rain. Plus you can catch the British Invasion playing there.

Upvote 0

StageFrenzy

Impressions de France is a great place to nap although beware the finale. I woke up before my girlfriend and one of the cymbal crashes awoke her with a start.

We are thinking about going tomorrow after class and its late tonight so i may have to repeat my nap...

Upvote 0

davidpw97

I could pretty much fall asleep anywhere if tired enough. I think most resort lobbies have nice chairs for falling alseep in. The noise might be a problem but they are still pleasant. Upstairs in the lobby of the Poly, usually some nice tropical music playing, it can be quite soothing. Also the lobby of the Grand Floridian, some comfy chairs in there and nice music as well. The lobbies of AKL and WL are also good for napping. In the MK, upstairs in the train station I think they have some rocking chairs.

Upvote 0

kbmum

The only place I've been able to nap is on the Magical Express bus going to the airport at the end of my trip! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

If you want to take a nap without missing an attraction, try the rocking chairs outside Hall of Presidents. Since there is about a 30 minute gap between shows, you can catch a good 20-25 minutes of sleep before the next group of people depart. Look for them just outside the exit.

Another palce to try is the rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's. For that matter, anywhere on Tom Saywer Island is a good place. Just be sure to wake up before the last raft departs! :lol:

There's a nice secluded seating area behind the old Skyride building in Tomorrowland. Look for the hallway that's to the left of the restrooms there.

What others have listed for Epcot are great, with UoE, IdF, AA.

The Great Movie ride in DHS is good, and the backlot ride may be a decent place as well.

Oh . . . I love the breezeway under the old Skyway ride by Space Mountain! I nap there every trip. I work tons of OT to be able to go to WDW so by the time I get there, I'm ususally pretty beat. A quick little power nap usually does the trick. I take my Ipod with me to the parks. If I put in my Ipod earbuds and put on some nice soothing WDW music I'm out like a light!

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

if i need a nap while i'm in mk, i just head over to the contemporary, if you take the escalators downstairs they have a whole area with just couches and lounges, i prop myself on one of those and i'm out for a good half hour, then when I get up I just go back upstairs and take the monorail back to the park, its great

LOL . . . I've napped there myself! Those couches are sooooo comfy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom