• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Where’s the best food in Magic Kingdom

The Colonel

I've gotten food poisoning twice at BoG. Once breakfast and once lunch. And there was no doubt both times- it was the only thing I had to eat that day and the symptoms were unmistakable. At this point I can't even look at that place without getting queasy. .

MaryJaneP

Why are Disneyland places even being mentioned on a WDW website and in a thread that asks for best food in WDW's Restaurants, Dining & Snacks?

Kobe!!

I need to look at Skippers menu again. A lot of people saying this is a favorite and I thought I recall reading the menu (over a year ago or so) and it wasn't to ride home about.

I assure you I am NOT a picky eater either! lol

Hockey89

I need to look at Skippers menu again. A lot of people saying this is a favorite and I thought I recall reading the menu (over a year ago or so) and it wasn't to ride home about.

Yeah it’s the only “good” place. It’s actually a cool spot. It gets flack because people think it’s exotic.

TrainChasers

Why are Disneyland places even being mentioned on a WDW website and in a thread that asks for best food in WDW's Restaurants, Dining & Snacks?
There is a Plaza Restaurant in both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom... the poster probably had heard about “the great fried chicken at the plaza” and didn’t know.

I wish MK had California’s Plaza and Jolly Holiday Cafe that’s for sure!

unmitigated disaster

We like the Columbia House and I thought the sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow was excellent. Pecos Bill, however, underwhelmed us. We were both sad we'd chosen it.

Edward Jackson

I've gotten food poisoning twice at BoG. Once breakfast and once lunch. And there was no doubt both times- it was the only thing I had to eat that day and the symptoms were unmistakable. At this point I can't even look at that place without getting queasy. .

I am sorry to hear about that and can understand the reaction after it happening twice. I really, really glad that it has never happened
to me. I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at BoG and have never had a bad experience, though I do feel lunch is a bit overpriced,
in comparison to the other meals.

aliceismad

Yeah it’s the only “good” place. It’s actually a cool spot. It gets flack because people think it’s exotic.
I think the ambiance is half the fun. Just like Jungle Cruise, if you get a good service team, that helps. Also the desserts are delicious.

Last edited:

CynBeth

I am sorry to hear about that and can understand the reaction after it happening twice. I really, really glad that it has never happened
to me. I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at BoG and have never had a bad experience, though I do feel lunch is a bit overpriced,
in comparison to the other meals.

Hope I do not jinx us but we have had dinner at BOG 3 times with no issues over the years.

larryz

virus test dummy
Premium Member
So you're saying that's what makes it the best food in the Magic Kingdom?

larryz

virus test dummy
Premium Member

I like the Char Siu pork. And ask your Skipper what the "off-the-menu" appetizers are...

larryz

virus test dummy
Premium Member
B&B leads the Magic Kingdom in food poisonings per guest, and that makes it the best. And don't I deserve the best?
This should scare you... I googled "types of food poisoning" and here's a screen shot of what came back.
1616425415106.png

Please notice that "Be Our Guest" is not in that list of restaurants in the grey bubbles.

awoogala

We like Skippers Canteen. It has been made a little more boring over time. Now we always ask them to make everything spicier (they have made the curried vegetable dish a little less spicy every time we've been there.)
We also tend to stick to multiple apps to share, instead of entrees. I always find the apps area of the menu is a bit better then the entrees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom