When you opt for a 2-credit meal...

Buyng that meal when lose when you use 2 credits on a Signature Dining Experience

• Counter service

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Table service

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Skip a meal/get by on snacks

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Go offsite to eat

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Make a meal

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey, all, just curious, no right or wrong answers :)

When you're on the Dining Plan, and you opt to use 2 table service credits on a Signature Dining Experience, how do you usually opt to make up for your missing credits out of pocket?

Buy a counter-service meal?
Buy a table-service meal?*
Skip a meal/get by on snacks?
Eat off-site to save moolah?
Make a meal in your room, be it something simple like PB&J sandwiches or a full dinner if you have a kitchen?

*And if you opt to buy a table service meal out of pocket, do you try to anticipate what your least expensive table-service meal will be and buy it then?

Computer Magic

Counter Service also purchase a lighter meal at Earls of Sandwich or Beaches n Cream

We usually leave early in the morning the last day so the number of meals work out even when we use 2. We have split a Counter Service at Mexico in Epcot. We usually eat a light lunch before a Sigature dinner. We want to be extra hungry, especially when we end up at Yachtman's Steakhouse.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Every time I've done DDP I've either purchased the double-credit meal [CRT - I get better value by pay OOP for that] or just booked more TS and payed OOP for the least expensive of the buffets...

But I've always ended up with more TS reservations than I had credits for :shrug:

pinkrose

Here's how we did it when we went to Jiko. We paid out of pocket for a kids meal for my son at one TS place (he didn't like anything on the adult menu). That free'd up one credit. Then at Jiko, instead of buying him a meal, I shared with him (he's 12 and it was plenty of food). That free'd up another adult credit. So, between my husband and I, we used the 2 extra credits and the 2 we'd have used anyway. As for my daughter, she didn't use one of her TS somewhere along the line, so that made her two.

The TS meals are large enough for sharing, so you can "bank" credits that way.

december

We did CRT. My kids were begging to eat at Rainforest Cafe. We don't have any here, and they had seen pictures. It isn't on the dining plan, so we payed oop here (actually mil did so it was even better!).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We try to eat one or two meals off site ( have to visit the Longhorn, its a tradition) so the two credit meals we take are covered that way.

Foolish Mortal

Have never done a 2 credit meal, but I have done 2 table service meals in one day. In order to make up for it, I just did a counter service. Going off property ? What is this concept ? Not an option.

shanny

we are eating offsite 1 or 2 nights to make up for them. well, one is at vic&al's, so theres 2, and when we visit universal (i like ioa sorry! :) we are going to eat at pastamore. if you like calamari, they have the BEST. :slurp: i need a drooling smiley...

KevGuy

We did 2 days offsite (USF & SW) as it was our first time and ate offsite those days too, so it worked out well for us. We did 2 TS meals CRT & HoopdeDoo. Next time we plan on doing the Luau and most likely Hoop again as my wife and kids liked it so much. I personally want to do the Cali Grill and watch the fireworks from up there at CR. So given the fact that we are DVC owners now, if we did all of them I would say we would probably buy CS and possibly pay for Cali depending on if I want all that food that night, I could use skipping some desert these days after seeing my pics from the trip and how big my stomach is getting these days lmao!!! :ROFLOL:

dandaman

We thought we ate like pigs the first time (which of course we did), but even with skipping a meal after a two-credit, we still had enough snack credits to "buy" 8 Mickey bars for the trip home. :lol:

jesserin

Have never done a 2 credit meal, but I have done 2 table service meals in one day. In order to make up for it, I just did a counter service. Going off property ? What is this concept ? Not an option.

:ROFLOL: That's exactly what went through my head. :lol:

We pay OOP for Rainforest since it's still one of our favorites. :)

Mickey&Minnie

We usually have an extra sit down meal, because the day we arrive we just eat a counter service. We are so excited to sit down and it is usually late when we get to the parks. We don't want to waste any "ride time" for a sit down meal on our first day. Then we use the extra on Cinderella's Castle. Next time though we will probably try something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom