When you get to WDW, what sight makes you smile and decompress?

DisneyPrincess5

Omg so many things.

We don’t travel often, especially not by plane, so when we do fly it is to Disney. So even something as early in the trip and so simple makes me so happy and excited.
Love landing at MCO and maneuvering through it, love getting our rental car and hitting the Florida highways, love seeing the welcome sign.
No matter which resort, there is this signature “hotel smell” we’ve identified that gets us smiling, and stepping into MK for the first time is the most exciting.

Club34

i think it finally sets in when i step off of DME at CSR and the environment just takes me in- the sights, the sounds [the music loop], the smell of the fountain in the lobby, and the hustle and bustle of the lobby area. "i have arrived". its actually probably the moment i most relive in my head. i think about trip planning in my head all the time. what rides, restaurants, etc. but when i day dream and escape, i always seem to envision "the arrival".

my arrival and check-in during that first hour is such a ritual. walking to your room. fresh [hopefully] and crisp. checking out all the facilities. free soaps selection [you know you do it]. and then the ritual reaches its apex on that first walk to the bus stop. i've ditched my travel clothes and now i'm at the bus stop trying to blend. the "locals" have no idea i'm only 45 minutes into my trip. they've been here and ridden on the new rides. i'm the new guy, but it doesn't matter. i'm now a local again. and by the time there is the long weary walk back to my room after that long first day of travel and heading to a park, i am home.

DisneyDoctor

Looking straight down Main Street and seeing the castle in all its glory along with the theming of Main Street will always excite me. I'm excited just picturing it now lol.

And, when I see the WS lagoon with all the countries I get super excited. For instance, seeing Japan off in the distance. I tell ya, nothing better there.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Passing under the WDW sign, walking into MK, hearing the "Welcome home" announcement on the busses, seeing the way some attractions (Space, Splash, BMTRR, SSE, Everest, ToT...)seemingly rise magically out of the ground

JIMINYCR

I love those first moments that happen that makes your heart beat fast and the excitement begin, realizing We are finally here!!! Theres no one thing but a continuous building of emotions. It definitely comes in waves and one builds upon another. First its the Disney arched Welcome sign, then the view of the lobby fountain and Mardi gras theming of the POFQ lobby as we walk in. The welcome packet anf room assignment. The first park bus pulling up. Entering MK with the sounds and sights of Main street.... then the realization comes crashing on when you look up and see the first view of Castle and realize its no longer a dream and theres no more days to count down. Youre here at last.

dgp602

LOL, ok I admit it, some times if you are a frequent guest to the world, you could be accused of "grumbling" a bit about how wdw has changed...... but there is always a part of us "devotees" that gets slap happy the minute we see some thing that tells us where back in Mickey's playground.

What sight, hotel, theme park attraction, food item (it could be anything) let's you know that for a short period of time you will be blissfully happy without a care in the world?

for me it's the entrance way to the Beach club. I love that resort and no matter how cranky I am from the long drive (we drive from Pa) or how tired, the minute I see the blues of the resort, I'm happy.

View attachment 248390
What a great idea for a thread! For my family, it is the ride from the airport to the Property! Watching the billboards, trying to make a game of who can see the first Disney building, and the eventual welcome archway!! That is what starts my bliss!!!

Rumrunner

LOL, ok I admit it, some times if you are a frequent guest to the world, you could be accused of "grumbling" a bit about how wdw has changed...... but there is always a part of us "devotees" that gets slap happy the minute we see some thing that tells us where back in Mickey's playground.

What sight, hotel, theme park attraction, food item (it could be anything) let's you know that for a short period of time you will be blissfully happy without a care in the world?

for me it's the entrance way to the Beach club. I love that resort and no matter how cranky I am from the long drive (we drive from Pa) or how tired, the minute I see the blues of the resort, I'm happy.

View attachment 248390
When we drive thru the welcoming signs and display on Western Way as we head to the resort. After a long trip that gets everyone fired up that we are actually there. Of course once in the park the castle is the real deal.

SilentWindODoom

Not a sight, but I can't help but smile widely when I hear the opening drums and trumpet fanfare of the Mickey Mouse Club song taking that left turn into the Magic Kingdom entrance with Space Mountain in the background. No matter what is going on, my face immediately changes.

There are runners up, such as first hearing the official voice of the resort (usually welcoming on a bus), seeing the Resort's gate, going through the arm-guarded gate of the first resort we go into, seeing cartoons on the kid's area in the lobby, and seeing the castle down Main Street.

One which may be more unique to me is that first settling down into the Jungle Cruise. While the music going into MK might make me happy, most of the trip is spent fretting about the long walk up from the buses, through the entrance, up Main Street, through hub, and into Adventureland. When everyone sits down in the boat to relax for that first ride of the trip, it means that now, we're here, we're in, and we can enjoy.

SaLeone

For me, its an unbeatable combo of the front of the Magic Kingdom. The nostalgia immediately overcomes every fiber of my being when i see the retro posters for all the magic kingdom rides under the train station, hear the sounds of the main street band and the train station right above me, the smell of popcorn and finally the first sight of the castle. This combo hits me like a punch from Iron Mike Tyson and that is when i know i can finally let loose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom