1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

When you get to WDW, what sight makes you smile and decompress?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by eliza61nyc, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM.

1. Susan Savia

Susan Savia Well-Known Member

Driving into the EPCOT parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth.

RedNoseMickey likes this.
  2. CherylM

CherylM Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    When we land at MCO and the kids get to play in that little play area - we all seem to get excited at that point.

3. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

Omg so many things.

We don’t travel often, especially not by plane, so when we do fly it is to Disney. So even something as early in the trip and so simple makes me so happy and excited.
    Love landing at MCO and maneuvering through it, love getting our rental car and hitting the Florida highways, love seeing the welcome sign.
    No matter which resort, there is this signature “hotel smell” we’ve identified that gets us smiling, and stepping into MK for the first time is the most exciting.

RedNoseMickey and eliza61nyc like this.
  4. Club34

Club34 Well-Known Member

i think it finally sets in when i step off of DME at CSR and the environment just takes me in- the sights, the sounds [the music loop], the smell of the fountain in the lobby, and the hustle and bustle of the lobby area. "i have arrived". its actually probably the moment i most relive in my head. i think about trip planning in my head all the time. what rides, restaurants, etc. but when i day dream and escape, i always seem to envision "the arrival".

my arrival and check-in during that first hour is such a ritual. walking to your room. fresh [hopefully] and crisp. checking out all the facilities. free soaps selection [you know you do it]. and then the ritual reaches its apex on that first walk to the bus stop. i've ditched my travel clothes and now i'm at the bus stop trying to blend. the "locals" have no idea i'm only 45 minutes into my trip. they've been here and ridden on the new rides. i'm the new guy, but it doesn't matter. i'm now a local again. and by the time there is the long weary walk back to my room after that long first day of travel and heading to a park, i am home.

WDW74 and Minnesota disney fan like this.
  5. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

Another thing for me: seeing the Welcome To The Walt Disney Resort signs.

Jim S likes this.
  6. DisneyMedStudent

DisneyMedStudent Active Member

Looking straight down Main Street and seeing the castle in all its glory along with the theming of Main Street will always excite me. I'm excited just picturing it now lol.

And, when I see the WS lagoon with all the countries I get super excited. For instance, seeing Japan off in the distance. I tell ya, nothing better there.

RedNoseMickey and DisneyNittany like this.
  7. becca_

becca_ Well-Known Member

At MCO - taking the "fonorail" & scanning your magic band for the first time at Magical Express.

AuntAng and Courtney6682 like this.
  8. ADMachine

ADMachine Well-Known Member

Passing under the WDW sign, walking into MK, hearing the "Welcome home" announcement on the busses, seeing the way some attractions (Space, Splash, BMTRR, SSE, Everest, ToT...)seemingly rise magically out of the ground

9. Jedi Stitch

Jedi Stitch Well-Known Member

Being a Disneylander, it has always been walking under the railroad under Walts sign and entering Main street USA. So when our 1st trip to WDW happened. We had to go to MK first so we can enter Main street USA.

AuntAng, Bullseye1967 and Jim S like this.
  10. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

I love those first moments that happen that makes your heart beat fast and the excitement begin, realizing We are finally here!!! Theres no one thing but a continuous building of emotions. It definitely comes in waves and one builds upon another. First its the Disney arched Welcome sign, then the view of the lobby fountain and Mardi gras theming of the POFQ lobby as we walk in. The welcome packet anf room assignment. The first park bus pulling up. Entering MK with the sounds and sights of Main street.... then the realization comes crashing on when you look up and see the first view of Castle and realize its no longer a dream and theres no more days to count down. Youre here at last.

CherylM, Jim S, dgp602 and 2 others like this.
  11. Greg in TN

Greg in TN Member

For me it's either that very first Disney bus, or the entrance sign to our resort. Both of those let me know "I'm here!" and I can now relax.

Jim S and dgp602 like this.
  12. John park hopper

John park hopper Well-Known Member

For me it is entering the on site hotel lobby and checking in. That is when it hits me my escape from reality begins and I am a kid again

Minnesota disney fan and Jim S like this.
  13. KaliSplash

KaliSplash Well-Known Member

Entrance sign is first. View of the Magic Kingdom from TTC. Coming out from under the Train Station in Magic Kingdom. Spaceship Earth after making it through security/ticket check.

14. dgp602

dgp602 Well-Known Member

What a great idea for a thread! For my family, it is the ride from the airport to the Property! Watching the billboards, trying to make a game of who can see the first Disney building, and the eventual welcome archway!! That is what starts my bliss!!!

Courtney6682, Bullseye1967 and Jim S like this.
  15. Jim S

Jim S Well-Known Member

When we drive thru the welcoming signs and display on Western Way as we head to the resort. After a long trip that gets everyone fired up that we are actually there. Of course once in the park the castle is the real deal.

16. Captain Barbossa

Captain Barbossa Well-Known Member

For me, and I know this sounds weird, has to be when I see the first WDW Transportation System bus. When I see the 1st bus, I know I have officially arrived.

17. SilentWindODoom

SilentWindODoom Well-Known Member

Not a sight, but I can't help but smile widely when I hear the opening drums and trumpet fanfare of the Mickey Mouse Club song taking that left turn into the Magic Kingdom entrance with Space Mountain in the background. No matter what is going on, my face immediately changes.

There are runners up, such as first hearing the official voice of the resort (usually welcoming on a bus), seeing the Resort's gate, going through the arm-guarded gate of the first resort we go into, seeing cartoons on the kid's area in the lobby, and seeing the castle down Main Street.

One which may be more unique to me is that first settling down into the Jungle Cruise. While the music going into MK might make me happy, most of the trip is spent fretting about the long walk up from the buses, through the entrance, up Main Street, through hub, and into Adventureland. When everyone sits down in the boat to relax for that first ride of the trip, it means that now, we're here, we're in, and we can enjoy.

becca_ likes this.
  18. Mickey5150

Mickey5150 Well-Known Member

The moment the plane gets to the gate in Orlando. I rub my once dry Colorado hands which have been rejuvenated by the moisture in the air. That is my moment of calm, that is when I know I've arrived.

CherylM likes this.
  19. CherylM

CherylM Well-Known Member

YES. Especially once summer is over where we live.

20. SaLeone

SaLeone Member

For me, its an unbeatable combo of the front of the Magic Kingdom. The nostalgia immediately overcomes every fiber of my being when i see the retro posters for all the magic kingdom rides under the train station, hear the sounds of the main street band and the train station right above me, the smell of popcorn and finally the first sight of the castle. This combo hits me like a punch from Iron Mike Tyson and that is when i know i can finally let loose.