When will you return?

Stitch826

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?

Lord Starwalker

We have booked a few days for the last week of Sept and start of Oct. This time we are going to Epcot for Food and Wine Festival. Then visiting Hollywood Studios and finally Animal Kingdom. Disney's Dolphin ended up being the best option for this trip so we can float to 2 of the three parks.

Getting back to Disney before the limited capacity is over is a real opportunity. When will we ever get to see some of the parks like this? Have you seen the footage of what Animal Kingdom is like with limited crowds? :D

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I do not understand how people are choosing to pay FULL PRICE for a park that is depleted with entertainment, I get some received the 35% off, but that's not much different than the normal discounts
My guess is that people just like being there and they don’t care that not everything is available to them. I’d go in a heartbeat if my kids weren’t so little. Honestly, for me, it’s the mask that is a dealbreaker. I don’t understand why I have to wear my mask when Im outside. Just saying.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Planning on August 2021... praying mostly everything is back to normal, but I’d be ok without the parades. Masks are a super huge dealbreaker. In that heat? No way.

Upvote 0

Billie borella

I would like to book a trip for New Year's Eve. I would like to go if they are still at reduced capacity but it is a guessing game at this point...Anyone care to take a guess if they still will be?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We'll be back after the attractions that are still under construction (e.g., Tron, GotG, Ratatouille, etc.) are finished. We like to stagger our visits far enough apart that there will be new things to do. Hopefully by the fall of 2022, when DH and I were hoping to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary at WDW.

I'd say "after there's a vaccine for COVID," but however long that might take, I suspect that will still happen before construction on the above attractions is finished.

Upvote 0

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I do not understand how people are choosing to pay FULL PRICE for a park that is depleted with entertainment, I get some received the 35% off, but that's not much different than the normal discounts

Yes, a lot is closed, but on the plus side the extremely low crowds allow you to more then you normally would be able to. I watched a live stream the other day where they did 12 rides in 2 hours at MK. I don't think I have ever done 12 rides even with a full day.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Yes, a lot is closed, but on the plus side the extremely low crowds allow you to more then you normally would be able to. I watched a live stream the other day where they did 12 rides in 2 hours at MK. I don't think I have ever done 12 rides even with a full day.

Based on some TR's I've been reading, they say the crowds are "picking up," which gives me the impression that as the weather cools, the crowds will pick up even more and without FP+. the wait times will start to get maddening again....

Upvote 0

Capsin4

We’re going Dec 16th-27th. We’ve Christmas in the past for the crowds but it’s time. Hoping things are better but crowds are still lower. Lots of availability now so just on the lookout for the winter offers.

Upvote 0

JohnD

While I'm an AP holder and a Florida Resident, it's not like I live in the area and can pop in whenever I want. I live four hours away so its far enough that I still need to make a resort reservation. My plans are to return the third week in October.

Upvote 0

EdnaMode

We're out of state AP's. We've have had five cancellations (reschedules I guess?) so far this year, and we're holding a booking at Poly for August which is going to be changed/cancelled and we have another two reservations for GF for Sept and Nov.

When will we come back? I'm not sure I can predict that anymore! 😁

Upvote 0

crawale

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?
We are booked for September - just because we must use our DVC points. Now that package delivery to your hotel has been cancelled we will not be spending money on souvenirs. We are staying 8 nights at the Boardwalk. Expect to spend a lot of time in or by the pool where you don't need a mask. Disappointed by the restaurants cutting their menus - still high prices - and number of restaurant closures in Epcot. Have a trip with the grandkids planned for next June and after that will be selling our DVC points as the fees now are just not worth it. We have been going to Disney since 1986 and the quality has gone down as the prices have gone up. Disney's totally cavalier attitude during the pandemic has convinced us that their service - once the model in the industry - and value are now beyond repair.

Upvote 0

crawale

I think you're a little overestimating what is closed. I'd say its closer to 25% closed, 75% open. As I said, I absolutely wouldn't go if this was our first time. My brother is delaying taking his grandkids for the first time because of that. I think each person's reason for going or not going is totally personal. Lots of things factor into the decision besides just the cost. I don't consider the dining plan and all the restaurants being open as attractions/events. There are so many places to try that a handful of the restaurants being closed is not enough to not be able to find some great places to eat on your trip. And, we've never gotten the dining plan. I know it's a big deal for some, but the economics have never made sense for us.
Don't know where yo0u live or how often you go but for us Tables of Wonderland is so much better than the dining plan. Last visit we costed what we had saved and it was over $200. We will be going in the same use year so savings will be much more. TofW enables you to choose exactly what you want to eat - discounts alcohol, necessary after a day in the parks. We had the dining plan once and were disappointed that we could not substitute - say an appetizer for a dessert as we never eat dessert.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Have August, will likely cancel. End of Sept next, hopefully then. We are out of state. Then January after that. Have canceled a bunch of reservations, just trying to assess as things progress.

Upvote 0

MJJME

Was cancelled in April...…..rebooked for August and MA just instituted travel ban so I had to cancel that...……….Booked for 3 BR Grand Villa at BLT for 3rd week of April but if things aren't better than they are now, we will be pushing it out even further

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom