When will you return?

Stitch826

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?

Ben_since_1971

Was cancelled in April...…..rebooked for August and MA just instituted travel ban so I had to cancel that...……….Booked for 3 BR Grand Villa at BLT for 3rd week of April but if things aren't better than they are now, we will be pushing it out even further
It is not a travel ban. Nothing in the order says you cannot travel. That is unconstitutional. The order says you must quarantine for 14 days upon return unless you can show a negative test either 72 hours before you return or sometime during the 14 days.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?

I’m with you 100%. I’m cruising out of Port Canaveral in February 2022 and might head to the World for a few days prior to that, but I can’t foresee myself logistically planning a trip prior to that.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

It is not a travel ban. Nothing in the order says you cannot travel. That is unconstitutional. The order says you must quarantine for 14 days upon return unless you can show a negative test either 72 hours before you return or sometime during the 14 days.
If you have school children or you have a job where you can't work from home, a 14 day quarantine is a de facto travel ban.

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

Our last trip was January 2020 with our APs expiring on January 4th, 2020. We decided to take some time off from Disney World during that trip. We were playing with the idea of going to Disneyland in 2021. Waiting now to see how things progress the rest of 2020 and early 2021. Our November cruise is on the brink of being canceled.

Upvote 0

m steve

We have been visiting the World at Christmastime for a number of consecutive years. We'll be staying home in 2020, though, with hopes of returning in 2021. We shall see...

Upvote 0

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

We are currently booked for Spring Break/Easter 2021. I'm hoping that there will be a vaccine and that crowds will still be capped so that we can enjoy the parks with shorter lines and less crowding. Unlike some, I won't mind wearing a mask at WDW. I would rather not need them, but I can deal at that time of year; I would absolutely not be comfortable trying to do it right now. Ultimately if wearing a mask means we get to go and enjoy our time together - one of my moms will be joining us for our first vaca together - I'll do it with a huge grin! (Not that you'll ever know. 😜)

Now, if the schools our three kiddos attend continue to be full remote in the late winter/early spring (depending on how attendance is counted for my DD's college-lvl courses), maybe we'll move our trip up a bit, simply to ensure a slightly lower crowd.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol...which article in 1787 dealt with interstate travel/health restrictions??
If you have school children or you have a job where you can't work from home, a 14 day quarantine is a de facto travel ban.

It’s starting to get “definition of insanity” time on this topic

Upvote 0

Ben_since_1971

Lol...which article in 1787 dealt with interstate travel/health restrictions??

It’s starting to get “definition of insanity” time on this topic
Not sure which clause outlines the right to i terstate travel, but there is Supreme Court precedent regarding states being unable to prevent citizens from traveling between the states.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure which clause outlines the right to i terstate travel, but there is Supreme Court precedent regarding states being unable to prevent citizens from traveling between the states.
That’s case law...not “constitutionality”...if you’re gonna grandstand about “my raiaiiiggghhhttsss!!”...it’s important to stand on the right ground.

Upvote 0

NickMaio

Awe man.....I wish I knew and could book now.
I'm actually in line right now to get a covid test so who knows. Our worlds have been turned upside down.
We could use some Mickey time.

Upvote 0

The next 2 years could be a nightmare...those who planned to go in 2021/22 (like me) with those rescheduling from this year, plus the new rides and anniversary bringing more interest in 21/22...could take years for crowd levels to normalize. And when Universal has the new park open...look out

Upvote 0

NickMaio

The next 2 years could be a nightmare...those who planned to go in 2021/22 (like me) with those rescheduling from this year, plus the new rides and anniversary bringing more interest in 21/22...could take years for crowd levels to normalize. And when Universal has the new park open...look out
That uni park is going to take a loooooottt longer than anticipated.
WDW has ways been crazy so nothing new there.
Part of the fun is the crowds for us.

Upvote 0

SaLeone

As soon as the stretching room is back up and running, I'd be down. Probably gonna be February 2022 though if I had to guess. Anybody know if the Dining Plan is gonna return or is it gone for good?

Upvote 0

Plowboy

Had a trip scheduled for 04/20. Cancelled. Had a trip scheduled for 09/20. Cancelled. We are of an age where character interaction isn't a big deal for us, but full park hours, all the hotels on site and their restaurants being open, complete restaurant menus, park hopping, etc., etc., etc. is a big deal for us. I'm hoping for spring '21 and/or fall '21.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom