When will we see Zootopia 2?

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
By this point, Zootopia 2 is more of a when than if, but the question is: When will we see it happen?

The first movie as we all know, was a box-office success and received overwhelmingly positive acclaim. Plus, with all the sequels Disney is coming out with, that almost gurantees a sequel.

When do you all think it'll come out? All of the articles I've read have said the untitled Disney film coming in November of 2021 could be it.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
Presumptively you believe that there will be a second title.
1. Based off of all the sequels Disney has planned, it's a safe bet.
2. There was an interview with one of the voice actors who said Disney talked to him about an upcoming sequel to Zootopia. If that's not enough evidence for you, I don't know what is.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
1. Based off of all the sequels Disney has planned, it's a safe bet.
2. There was an interview with one of the voice actors who said Disney talked to him about an upcoming sequel to Zootopia. If that's not enough evidence for you, I don't know what is.

An active project with a release date.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
How about ANY animated features after Frozen 2? I guess Jennifer Lee will have some announcements to make...
Well, we know there's a Mickey Mouse movie coming, some movie called Dragon Empire... Everything else is a movie, but thanks to an interview with one of the voice actors, it's safe to say one of these is Zootopia 2.

champdisney

I thought the movie ended on a pretty good note. If a sequel does happen, we won’t hear about it for a while. Could be years.

Yert3

I never saw what all the hubbub about that movie was about.

IMO it's the best movie that Disney has ever made. It's great plot, characters, message, and score by Michael Giacchino blew me away when I first saw it in theaters. It deserved its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and I'd be pretty shocked if there wasn't a sequel considering it made over a billion dollars. Though, I'd really only be on board if Byron and Rich are directing again. I feel like Zootopia is their baby and to have anyone else direct the sequel would feel just wrong.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
IMO it's the best movie that Disney has ever made. It's great plot, characters, message, and score by Michael Giacchino blew me away when I first saw it in theaters. It deserved its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and I'd be pretty shocked if there wasn't a sequel considering it made over a billion dollars. Though, I'd really only be on board if Byron and Rich are directing again. I feel like Zootopia is their baby and to have anyone else direct the sequel would feel just wrong.
Bryon and Rich said in an interview when the movie first came out, that if Disney greenlit a sequel, they would definitely be directing again.

And last year, an interview with one of the voice actors pretty much confirmed a sequel is in the works.

Yert3

Bryon and Rich said in an interview when the movie first came out, that if Disney greenlit a sequel, they would definitely be directing again.

And last year, an interview with one of the voice actors pretty much confirmed a sequel is in the works.
I know. I've been in this fandom since the very beginning. Do you go on r/Zootopia?

champdisney

Probably another "wait 6 years" situation like with Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph?
Yep.

The Frozen sequel was greenlit within a year or two due to the abundance of currency the company was generating. While everyone knew Ralph 2 would eventually be made, Disney didn’t publicly announce it till it was well into production.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
Yep.

The Frozen sequel was greenlit within a year or two due to the abundance of currency the company was generating. While everyone knew Ralph 2 would eventually be made, Disney didn’t publicly announce it till it was well into production.
And that seems to be what they're doing for Zootopia.

In an interview with one of the voice actors, he "accidently" confirmed a sequel was in the works, saying that Disney talked to him saying they want him to reprise his role for Zootopia 2.

And, while that confirms a sequel is in the works, Disney has yet to say anything about it.

For WIR2, wasn't it not officially announced by Disney until last year, even though we all knew it had been in the works for a while?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom