When was your first visit to Disney World?

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
February 1987. I was in second grade. Really the only thing I remember is that it was too cold and I couldn't go swimming. I also have very foggy memories of the train, and on one trip that may or may not have been this first one I was absolutely terrified while riding Dumbo. :shrug:

bmarkelon

I was 21 my first trip in 2002, went with my DH (dating at the time). You could say I became the Disney addict I am today on that trip, we went again that year and have gone almost every year since!

Walt Disney1955

1991, I was turning 11 that year. Then my signature below tells the rest of the story.

I remember being so sure that Hall of Presidents had live actors rather than machines.

Mr Wizard

My first time was when there was only the Magic Kingdom and after you turned off Rt 192 there was a sign to turn your radio to a certian channel and they had a recording playing telling you about where to park and what to do if you had fido with you. That was so long ago I can't remember when it was.

WishIwasThere

April 1980, remember it well. Was 10 at the time, listening to the AM radio anouncements as you leave I-4 and approach the toll booth. Seeing the CR above the trees and the monorails swooshing overhaead as you enter the TTC. Swan Boats was the first ride we did. JC the second. Step mother freaking out as the wedway approached SM since my dad was convincing her that this was going to take us on SM (not just through it). Us leaving early the second day, (dad doesn't like crowds), with a crying 10 year old in tow.

worldfanatic

August of 1991 (24 years old)
Stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I was immediately hooked!!!!
Went back the next summer.....and haven't stopped since.:D

Lee

Adventurer
Earliest I can find evidence of is 1974. I would have been 5 that summer.

Attachments

• img017.jpg
    img017.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 30

plaz10

1997. I was in 3rd grade.

First park - EPCOT.
First ride - Honey I Shrunk the Audience. TERRIFIED me. And I was pretty much scared to go on any ride after that. No exaggeration. I braved most rides...mostly with my eyes and ears shut (talent). I was scared to go on Peter Pans Flight. Truth. My parents are still surprised that now I am obsessed with the place after hating almost every ride my first time. The one ride I can remember riding and loving it and feeling so brave that there was a ride I rode and enjoyed - Spaceship Earth. My favorite ride in EPCOT and in the top 3 favorite rides in all of Disney World. Walking up the queue, seeing the mural, smelling that SSE smell = you are IN Disney world. I tear up my first ride every time.

duran385

1994 was my first visit i think, family vacation only ride i remember oddly enough was the alien ride and being terrified lol, did'nt go back till 2 years ago and have been there 3 times since i cant get enough of the place.:)

draybook

September of 2008. I was 30 years old. I t was mine and my kids' first time, and my wife's second, although she was about 2 on her first trip. I don't remember our first ride there but I think it was either the HM or PP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom