When was your first visit to Disney World?

Spike-in-Berlin

Same Here when I first went!

Mine too. I had already dreamed about a trip to the USA and WDW since I started reading Mickey Mouse comics at the age of four. I mean I really dreamed about it, literally, I finally couldn't believe that I was really there in August 1982. Landing in the USA (Miami International), driving through Miami, arriving at our hotel in Miami Beach (the good old Sheraton Bal Harbour and our room was a BLAST) and 2 days later we got on the bus which drove us around. And all the time I was waiting for that magical moment of "finally being there". That feeling of "finally being there" was unforgettable although I always have a kind of minor Deja vu when I am back on Main Street.

Jeff456

February 1999, I was 8 at the time, my memories of that trip kind of blur with my October 2000 trip. First Disney parks experience however was around Christmas 1993 in Disneyland Paris, was 3 at that point but still have a few vague memories!

My first visit was in 1978 or 79. I was in first grade. My favorite ride was Space Mountain and Small World. I just had to have one of those invisible dogs on a leash as a souvenirs. Anyone remember those?

I don't remember a lot about that trip, but for some reason I remember having to be a certain age to ride Space Mountain. That could totally be something I dreamed up. Maybe someone else knows if that was the case.

Supergirl7710

I was six months old when my mom took me for the first time :)) I have pictures but obviously no memories; and this was back in 1992.... I've been three times a year since then so I'm nineteen and I've been... ummm 55 times?? Cant wait for 56 in 34 days!!!!! :DDDD

Clamman73

9 months old Christmas time '73...don't remember much...

First real memory was going to see Epcot summer '82 before it was finished. You could take the monorail over to the Epcot station and get out for a bit on the platform. Remember seeing Spaceship not totally covered yet.

Patrick_Ears

I also went in the late 70's. I also bought a red and white baseball cap with a mickey on the front.

I was in my early twenties. I was not impressed with WDW and swore I would never go again. Sorry. My wife and kids talked me into going again. It has changed alot since then. Now, I can't wait for my next trip.

Yes you are right Disney sure has changed alot since it's grand opening. Yeah speaking of that hat. I wonder who still has one...:shrug:

LilWalt

First trip was in 2000. I was 17 and we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. The first park we went to was Animal Kingdom and not sure what we did first.

whitney37354

1986---I was 13 years old. I didn't go back until 2010, for my DH's & DD's first trip---he was 37, I was 36, DD was 5. DD & I keep reminding DH that he says we're going back. We just don't know when it will be, so I stay on the boards & keep planning that next trip!

ParkMan73

Late 1975 or early 1976 - the memory is foggy. I was just over the age of two.

Somewhere in the family archives are the family slides from that trip. I'll have to dig them out someday and figure out how you scan them!

SugarMagnolia

My first trip was in September of 1996 for my 27th birthday. We stayed at Dixie Landings. The one strong memory I have is riding on the Skyway.
Angela

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom