when was your 1st disney visit?

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Since today is the 40th anniversary of mk wdw orlando i was curious as to when were peoples first time going? For me it was when magic kingdom turned a year old ... October 72 when I was 5.

We went for a combo of it being our first trip and my sisters then 2nd birthday. Now that our kids are grown we've used the excuse of her birthday for all girl all adult trips the past few years and are counting the days when we go again this year.

usd2bmd

My first trip was when my daughter was 6...I was 33...Sad that I didn't go until I was an adult but so glad I did, it's amazing how you can become so addicted to a place...

Lynn1030

I went in 2001 when I was 17 with my high school band (I lived in NJ at the time). The funny thing is that it didn't really impress me since I didn't get to enjoy everything being with a group of over 300 people.

I went again in 2004 with my now-husband and that was when I really found my love for Disney.

mrs. gracey

My first trip to Disney was in 1996. I was 26yrs old and we took my daughter who was one and a half. We only stayed for one day ay MK, but I fell in love with it. And now it's quite possibly an addiction!!

GeekDad

My first and only time was for my honeymoon in 2010. The best part was that it was during the Star Wars weekend so I was able to combine my long time love of Star Wars with my now new love for WDW. I can't wait to go again!

rob0519

Since today is the 40th anniversary of mk wdw orlando i was curious as to when were peoples first time going? For me it was when magic kingdom turned a year old ... October 72 when I was 5.

We went for a combo of it being our first trip and my sisters then 2nd birthday. Now that our kids are grown we've used the excuse of her birthday for all girl all adult trips the past few years and are counting the days when we go again this year.

1978. My wife and I took the kids who were 3 1/2 and 5 down for three days. Unfortunately, we were not able to afford to go back again until 1996. Our youngest got to spend her 13th birthday in the Magic Kingdom. It made such an impression on her she eventually did the WDW College Program. Since then we've been back over a dozen times.

MikeAGeorge

First visit was a two day trip in 1986 during spring break at 17 years old. One day at MK and the second at Epcot. Took my oldest two children in 1996 and have visited every/every other year since.

HouCuseChickie

My first trip was in 1985 - I was in 6th grade. What's crazy- back then I felt like I was the only kid in my class who had never been...like everyone else had their first trip between 1976 and 1978. Now that I know people in their 40's who still haven't been - I don't feel so bad that I had to wait until age 11.

InLikeFlynn

Easter week 1992...I was 14. Up until then I did not know anyone personally who had ever been...to me it was something families on tv did. I guess you can say we grew up in a poor area.

coachwnh

i never went as a kid. i was lucky enough to get a job working over the summer at a travel camp in northeastern PA while i was in college. the oldest group took 2 big trips in the 8 weeks during camp. in three years, 2 trips were to WDW and one to DL. the first was in 1993. i still remember seeing the "epcot ball" the first time. (i had no idea it was a ride at the time). the first time i did small world i just kept saying, wow this is what i thought disney was. pretty neat to experience it your first time even as a 20 yr old! every time im back, i still think of those trips

The Mom

Premium Member
Easter week 1992...I was 14. Up until then I did not know anyone personally who had ever been...to me it was something families on tv did. I guess you can say we grew up in a poor area.

That was very much my experience. No one in my neighborhood went on vacation anywhere - just day trips to the beach, state parks, or Mystic, Boston, etc. My parents took their first vacation (and flew for the first time) when I was in my late teens, and the last child still at home.

My first trip was at age 31, when I took my parents. They were 60 & 63. They made several trips after that, as I had moved about 3 hours from the world, and they eventually moved nearby after retirement.

MickeyDent

My first visit was when I was 4 or 5 years old, either 1976 or 1977. The only real memory I had of that day that still stands out was about losing my Micky Mouse Ears!! We had gone on the Haunted Mansion and during the stretching room scene, I looked up and my Mickey Mouse Ears hate feel off. My parents noticed but it was too crowded for them to pick up. So when I got outside my sister asked where my ears were. That's when I finally noticed they were gone and I was just positive a ghost had taken my ears!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom