when was your 1st disney visit?

Susan Savia

1984 - My daughter was 18 months old. I remember on the monorail when the castle came into sight and she and I saw it for the lst time...

Sweet Melissa

My first visit to Disney World was in 2006.

I've been lucky enough to see some of Disneyland's anniversaries. My first visit to Disneyland was in 1990, when they were celebrating their 35th anniversary. My partner and I also went to Disneyland in 2005 for our first date. That was during the 50th anniversary celebration.

Larry Mondello

1976. Drove early from Tampa in time to arrive at the opening. Visited the Polynesian and Contemporary. Left at 10:00 pm. Back in Tampa at 11:30. Did every thing there was to do at Disney World in one day.

Clearest memory: "If you had wings"

graphite1326

I must have been 1980 because I remember Big Thunder Mt Railroad and that I believe opened in 1980 (but I could have sworn I went in 1979. Did BTMT have a soft opening in 1979?). MK was all there was. Space Mt. was a walk on. I was in my early 20's and I remember WDW didn't impress me to much. The next visit was in 1996. My wife insisted we take our children to WDW but I didn't want to go (remembering my previous trip). I am glad we did, we have been going back semi-annually ever since then.

PineapplePrincess

It was Easter time 1972. I was 3 1/2 & Snow White was our first ride. Big mistake! My older brother was so angry because after that, of course I didn't want to ride anything else! Even IASW seemed scary to me!

That was very much my experience. No one in my neighborhood went on vacation anywhere - just day trips to the beach, state parks, or Mystic, Boston, etc. My parents took their first vacation (and flew for the first time) when I was in my late teens, and the last child still at home.

My first trip was at age 31, when I took my parents. They were 60 & 63. They made several trips after that, as I had moved about 3 hours from the world, and they eventually moved nearby after retirement.

That was my experience as well. The only people I knew who went to Disney were my best friend and her family when we were 8 in 1975. We did the same things....we went to Mystic, the beaches in CT and RI, Catskill Game Farm...etc...the one big vacation we took when I was a child was to Niagara falls and then further into Canada to visit my mother's family. That was the same year by the way....1975.

My first trip to WDW was in 1994 when I was 28. One day in the Magic Kingdom was all I needed and I was hooked. I went back every year, sometimes twice a year. Once I saw the decorations and experienced all there was to do and see at Christmas I was hooked and that is when it became twice a year to fit in a trip in December. Once I got married and had kids the trips stopped :cry: We had a lot going on with the company my husband worked for closing then him going to school to become a Paramedic. We finally made it back in 2008 after a 7 year drought. (boy was that difficult!!) Our daughters were 2 and 4. They are hooked now. We went back in Dec. 2010. My youngest is just like me...if given the chance she would drop everything and go today!! My husband and oldest love it there too but don't seem to feel exactly the same as my youngest and I do. Unfortunately the next trip is not planned until Dec. 2013 when we are hoping all of FLE is done!

No vacations for us this year because my husband had 2 herniated discs in his neck. Next year we plan to go to Savannah. As long as we can go every few years I am ok. I would like to get back to every year but at this point it just does not seem to work out.

Minnie1976

The first time my husband and I went in 1976 at 26. My oldest child in 1977 at 3 and my younget in 1979 at age 1. My oldest grandchild went in 2004 at age 2. My youngest son and his wife were married there this April. It is just a wonderful place, and our family just loves it.

My first trip was in 1997 when I was 6 years old. My family used a family friend's timeshare to go there but when we were down there we ended up buying our own DVC and have spent almost every vacation there ever since

scpergj

Sometime in the fallof 1972 - I was 4, my sister was 3. We were up in Jacksonville (where we now live) visiting my uncle, who was in the Navy and stationed there. After that, pretty much every year until 1978, then we moved to Florida in 1979 and took day trips occasionally.

Move ahead several years...took my girlfriend (now wife) for a day trip to EPCOT in 1995, then we went to MK in 1997, then took our son for his first trip in the spring of 2001 (he was 3)...then three years later when our daughter was 2 for her first visit. Now we get seasonal AP's every other year - the exciting part of that is we buy them to go again in two weeks!!!

pumpkin7

i first visited WDW in 1997, during the celebrations for the 25th anniversary. i can't believe it was 14/ 15 years ago! i was 8 years old. before that we'd only been to disneyland paris.
i became hooked when i took my husband for the first time for our honeymoon in august 2010. :D

Thomas morrow

My first visit was July of 77 I was 13 Did not return till October 2005 It was actually my wifes wish to go she had never been. I'll never forget the look on her face when she saw the monorail on the Epcot line as we drove to the Contemporary. We've been going regularly since we are both hooked. Technically I was on my first Disney ride 3 months before I was born my mom went to the 1964 New York Worlds Fair and went on Its a Small World. Last week my wife and I toke my mom to Disney World with us and we were on IASW and I said to my mom this is the second time weve been on this ride together.

mrsdanalind

Since today is the 40th anniversary of mk wdw orlando i was curious as to when were peoples first time going? For me it was when magic kingdom turned a year old ... October 72 when I was 5.

We went for a combo of it being our first trip and my sisters then 2nd birthday. Now that our kids are grown we've used the excuse of her birthday for all girl all adult trips the past few years and are counting the days when we go again this year.

Our first trip was in Dec. of 92, and our youngest was barely 2, she wouldn't stay in her stroller, and if her head could have been on a 360 swivel.. she would have been a happy camper. She kept standing up and looking around. she's now almost 21 and we've gone every year*some years multiple times* since then. This is the first year we won't be going, but next year.. Family Reunion.... can't wait.

acishere

I think it was 1992.

I'd look at the date stamps on the pictures to get an exact date, but they are in my mom's house god knows where and neither of my parents seemed to remember how old I was exactly during the 1st trip when I had dinner with them yesterday when this exact topic came up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom