When to go after Volcano cancelled April Honeymoon?!?!

WDW_Jon

I had posted on here in April how on TWO occasions our honeymoon from the UK had been cancelled because of ash in the airspace from the Icelandic volcano!

The ONLY good news is that we got a full refund on our whole trip, but are now unsure when to go due to difficulties with work commitments etc!

However........ When we do re-book I am undecided when to go, we could get there in July, but are concerned about heat/crowds, and we may do Sept/Oct but are unsure, and we will even consider March/ April 2011 for our 1st Anniversary but don't think we can wait that long! :shrug:

Pleae Help!..................

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Definitely Sep/Oct. Great time to go.

Only go in July if you like heat, humidity, high crowds. Yes the hours are longer, but still.

Good luck, and sorry to hear about all your problems with the last trip.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We have been there several different times of the year.
The most enjoyable time was the trip we took the first week of December. Very low crowds, nice weather, and everything decorated for the Holidays.
The second most enjoyable trip was the end of August. Again low crowds as schools children in our hemisphere are returning to class. The weather was hot but enjoyable especially the water parks.

Upvote 0

jenperich

I would have to agree with the other posters...October is one of the best times to go. We went last October and will be there again this coming October - both for our 1st and now 2nd anniversaries. The weather is nice - still a little hot - but, nice. Also, like the previous poster said...end of November/December is THE BEST time to go...IMHO.

But, of your choices, I voted for Sept/Oct. Good luck and I'm so sorry about your honeymoon!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

If these are your only options, go in late September/early October. Less heat, smaller crowds, kids are back in school...muuuuch better for newlyweds.

If I can make a suggestion (that may be unfeasible due to you aforementioned work commitments), consider early December. Cooler, even smaller crowds, but everything's done up for the holidays.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Definitely Sept/Oct. Way too hot in July, and there's no way you want to wait a whole year!!

I feel your pain - I was stuck in Belfast an extra week thanks to the volcano. Fortunatetly, I had a place to stay and the only thing it cost me was an extra week's vacation days.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I agree with the rest of the posts. Late Sept, Early Oct. would be the better of choice. Going then you could attend MNSSHP, which is the best of the 2 holiday partys. But if you could work the first of Dec. the World done up for the holidays is very worth seeing. Either way i would not want to wait a entire year. Good luck making up your mind and congrats on the wedding!! :wave:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I chose July. Yes, there will be heat and rain and tour groups and crowds. However, I think the extended hours negate that. I like going in summer. The 3 AM EMH are great!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom