When MGM first opened?

brentley2

Re: Bette Midler

Originally posted by Palofmickey
Wasn't there a movie with Bette Midler about a lottery ticket and the making of the movie with props?

I LOVED that feature...
I am not sure why they decided to do away with that section.
Bette was great in that...and very generous to do that as she was a huge film star at the time.
Love her!

On a slightly different subject, did the revamp of the animation section ever happen? I had heard that they were going to make it like the animation building in CA...
Which I could set for hours upon hours in...I love the feel of the main room in that building...

marksniles

Originally posted by BigNorm
Okay, I've got one now...for some reason I remember Herbie the Love Bug at the Studios when it first opened. Was Herbie apart of the Backlot Tour? It seems like he would smoke his tires and charge the tram. Am I dreaming this or was it for real?

NO I remember that! He was in the houses sections of the tour. He came out of one of the driveways! Back when the tour was cool!

BigNorm

Originally posted by Coasterbp
Yep. Herbie was on Residential Street. He would drive on the driveway of the house that was later used for Ernest Saves Christmas.

Thanks, I thought that he was there briefly in the Studios' early days, but I was only eight when the park opened so I thought maybe I was imagining it because no one else in my family seemed to remember it.

Originally posted by Palofmickey
Wasn't there a movie with Bette Midler about a lottery ticket and the making of the movie with props?

I remember that too! It was really funny. The big gold pigeon used to be in the prop warehouse/que for the Backlot Tour (after the water tank show); however, I don't remember seeing it in 2002 (the last time I got to experience the Backlot Tour). Gosh I wish they would play that one the Disney Channel sometimes. Of course I wish they would play alot of things on the Disney Channel that they don't play anymore.

marksniles

Re: Re: Bette Midler

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
There was...I believe the short movie was called "The Ticket". It was the first (and possibly the only) movie filmed at the MGM Studios.

And then you used to be able to walk through the sets in the next soundstage after you saw the movie and how tehy made it.
Ah memories!

Mateo1721

Oh Man

I really forgot about a lot of that.

It is good to get your memory refreshed, really brings back a lot of good memories. Thanks:animwink:

WDWFanatic

I remember the backlot tour was both walking and the tram. It was hosted by goldie hawn and rick morranis. You first took the tram then the walking part I remember seeing the mickey mouse club being filmed. The dipmobile from rodger rabbit was closer to the tram then as well and it was all animated and working. New your street was only for the tram. The lottery movie was part of the walking tour and you saw it and then saw all the props and stuff from it after.

BigNorm

Originally posted by marni1971
I have just stuck some pictures from MGM 1990 in my gallery for this thread - The Muppet Stage Show, The ________ Tracey gag on New York Street, the Bee, and the Original Tram Tour Entrance, next to Animation. Take a look:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6710

I remember that stuff. That was really back in the day dude, great pics. I got to be on the bee one year, and that's something I won't ever forget. Thanks for sharing the pics.

alice

does anyone remember this?

i remember going to mgm sometime in the summer of 1997, and you went in this booth thingy and answered some questions on video and they transposed your interview on to the jay leno show and it looked like he was interviewing you. that was so cool. i wish i would have taped it. does anyone else recall doing this? it was funny!:sohappy:

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Re: does anyone remember this?

Originally posted by alice
i remember going to mgm sometime in the summer of 1997, and you went in this booth thingy and answered some questions on video and they transposed your interview on to the jay leno show and it looked like he was interviewing you. that was so cool. i wish i would have taped it. does anyone else recall doing this? it was funny!:sohappy:

That was the Superstar Show! I loved that show...My entire fmily was in it. My brother was in the cheers scene, my parents in the soap opera, and I was in the baseball scene!

I really wish they brought that show back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom