When is the best time to visit?

The Mom

Premium Member
October, if you want to be comfortable at the water parks. I think that most people agree that the first week in December might be the best for touring. Pleasant daytime temperatures, low humidity, not much rain, few lines, and all of the holiday decorations are up. The downside is the hours are shorter, some rides are being refurbished, only one waterpark will be open, and the fireworks, except for Illuminations, are limited to the weekend. (although I don't know about Fantasmic)

If my children weren't in school, that is the week when I would go. I've done it before, and loved it.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Mikejakester
Im planing to go from dec. 23rd til January 3rd
i hope fantasmic is up and running

EVERYTHING will be up and running (except all 3 waterparks!) That's the busiest week of the year, but you should be OK crowdwise until the 26th and after the 1st. The rest of the time will be incredibly crowded. Also, it could be COLD. Bring jackets, sweaters, etc. to layer; the nights can be quite cold.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

I usually go the 2nd week of December. Its not crowded. Its still warm (I live in NY & can take 50° weather, which southerners find cold :eek: ). Little-to-no rain. Plus the Christmas Decorations are up. Its great to be able to experience Christmas in Disney without the crowds.

Upvote 0

Maria

I have to agree with October for a normal look of the parks (unless you get Food and Wine Festival and WSC will have the booths for it, and this year the Studios will be the center of Walt´s 100th b-day celebration). End of November, beginning of December were my favorite and the parks look awesome, full of Xmas spirit!

October has the best weather, not too warm not too cold. December is chilly! Bring a jacket to layer as Marcia mentioned before! Brrrrrr!:)

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Maria
December is chilly! Bring a jacket to layer as Marcia mentioned before! Brrrrrr!:)

Please!! 50° weather is NOT chilly. 40° is a little chilly, but bearable. If your from anywhere in the north, you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Please!! 50° weather is NOT chilly. 40° is a little chilly, but bearable. If your from anywhere in the north, you'll be fine.

In the wintertime down here, it's easy to pick out the northerners in the crowd. They're the ones standing around shivering in their shorts and T-shirts, or buying up Disney sweatshirts/jackets by the dozens! ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

We've been down there over Thanksgiving and during the first two weeks in December and loved it. The weather was great! 50 degrees is balmy when you have lived your life in Chicago and Minneapolis. 50 degrees and the top is still down on the convertable. :D Come on you southerners, expose that skin and toughin up! ;)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Visit immediately after Thanksgiving and at the beginning of December. This time is not very crowded, it may be a little cold but it beats the huge heat in summer, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I forgot to mention... it is also windy at nights, and the wind is usually cooler... but who cares? I just warned that it gets cold and humid; if you want to take the advice, take it, if not, doesn´t matter, there are tons of sweatshirts to buy at Disney! Plus, it is not the same 50 in a dry environment, than 50 in a very humid one, and that makes a difference! ;)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
It can get a bit chilly in December. One time a cold snap hit while we were down. We left Wisconsin to WDW because of the cold. I don't mind it too much but not when we are on vacation.

Upvote 0

Lynn

I think the best time to go is the week of Thanksgiving . Its all ready for Christmas . Its just great . The weather has been in the middle 80's at that time of the year too.

Upvote 0

Mikejakester

Original Poster
I love cold weather, maybe it is becuase I live in a tropical island and I kind of get tired of being 80 degrees all year round and 90 to 100 degrees in the summer...
I WANT COLD!!!!!

I love to get in a rollercoaseter on a cold day and just freeze off my head!!
jejejeje.

Hey maria you speak Spanish???

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The week of and the day of Thanksgiving is a bit too crowded though me and my family was able to get most of the Magic Kingdom done that day but accourse we are WDW experts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom