When is the best time of the year to go to WDW?

kcnole

I prefer either the time from mid august through November (trying to miss the Mickey's Not So Scary halloween party unless you're wanting to go to that of course) and from Mid January through February as these times are much less crowded and the weather is much more bearable.

miles1

I'll also vote for September. Over the years, I or we have been there just about every one of the twelve months except for January, November, and August (but going in two weeks!). September was probably the most pleasant trip we had. It was still warm enough for swimming, but not unbearably hot for touring the parks, and the crowds were very low.

Now that our kids are advancing in school, it's tough to take them out during the school year. That's why we're going August 21 to August 28 this year, despite the heat and the possibility of the "H" things (I refuse to say it). Since southern schools are already back, hopefully the crowds will be tolerable.

coltow

Every one has their own opinions. I loved the times I went in October. The weather was still hot and the crowds were lighter. I just went in July for the very fist time and found myself having alot of fun then too. I enjoyed the fact that the parks were open so much later than they are in October. We got up early and went to the parks first thing. We'd go back to the hotel for a swim and relax for a while and then go back to the parks around dinner time. We were able to see and doo just about everything we wanted and still had some relaxation and quality pool time, which we hadn't really had in October.

Teenchy

All year long....:D

Seriously....once you go during the off season its so hard to go back during peak times. You will be spoiled. I really like Sept. & October.

And all real WDW fans must visit at least once during the Christmas holidays to see the decorations in the parks, resorts, etc. You can go a couple of weeks prior to Christmas and see all the great stuff just without the full Holiday crowds

iMike

Original Poster
I was thinking of going in December except Blizzard Beach is closed and I perfer it over TL.

XNightmaresX

september or october. i prefer october so you get to experience the food and wine festival at epcot. its definetely something you dont wanna miss! it's also beautiful weather (probably mid 80's-90's on some days) not crowded at all. perfect time. i went in january this year and it was beautiful weather too but the year before that i went in january and it was 40 degrees. so really its hit and miss with january but is a fun time to go!

Glasgow

We go in February and find it to be perfect. Low crowds, great weather (50-70 degrees F) and value season. It's a trifecta for us.

FYI - you can use the search button and read many threads on this topic as well. Just thought you might find it helpful

Craig & Lisa

IMHO, the 2 best times to go during the year is during the Flower and Garden Festival in April, and The Food and Wine Festival in Nov. sort of a double whammy, you get to enjoy WDW and alot of eye candy, and alot of good food. The weather is not too out of hand, ie temps and rain. For a good idea of what it's like at certain times get the Unofficial Guide to Touring Disneyworld. As far as I'm concerned it is the best book for truthful info about WDW, period! And enjoy. 19 days till our 2nd visit to WDW this year........NOT SOON ENOUGH :D :sohappy:

Unplugged

I have to agree with the postings so far....September. My wife and I have gone in September 9 out of 10 years. We had to change to May 1 year as we were "expecting". Our experience in May was good, but something we didn't consider was less cloud cover meant more sunburn potential even thought the temps were a bit cooler.

Our reasoning for September is primarilly that it's an off-peak season. We don't have to make many Priority Seatings until we get there and decide where to eat the day before. Many places we could just walk in. Parks are slow and lines are short. We stay an average of 8 days, so the leisurely pace is great and makes it easy to squeeze lots more in! Also, we've been there for the start of many new celebrations as they tend to start in off-peak so they can roll everything out. We book our trips before the celebrations are typically announced and it just seem to work in our favor.

You do need to be aware of the weather. September is the ramp-down month for the hurricanes. Of our 10 years going, 1 year it rained about 50% of the time and was cool do to cloud cover. 1 year we arrived 1 week after a hurricane and left 2 days before they actually closed the parks (only twice in history as I recall) so we got lucky. The other times, hot, humid, typical afternoon rains, but otherwise very reasonable!

This year we are staying 10 days, last week of Sep through first week of Oct. Lots to see this year with Mickey's Not So Scary.., Food & Wine Festival, and the EPCOT celebration, so we'll need everyday. Hurray for off-peak seasons!

Blackie Pueblo

I too love the fall season. It's so much cooler, and it doesn't seem as crowded. I also love the Christmas season because... well... I love Christmas. Plus the weather is actually kinda cold, I mean for Florida. And there's something nice about walking around the park when its cool outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Editing for our newest short film has begun http://www.newlineagefilms.com

RonAnnArbor

Hands down the second and third weeks in September is you want to avoid the crowds. If you are travelling without children, it is also the best time to avoid the daily Stoller Brigade. The weather is warm, and the crowds are low low low. I go every year at that time (although I also squeeze in a few days at other times of the year as well.)

silverboyd

Hands down the second and third weeks in September is you want to avoid the crowds. If you are travelling without children, it is also the best time to avoid the daily Stoller Brigade. The weather is warm, and the crowds are low low low. I go every year at that time (although I also squeeze in a few days at other times of the year as well.)

nice!!!we go from Sept. 25-30....we were hoping someone on these boards could verify what the crowds and weather were like during September. We cannot wait. It'll be nice to enjoy the parks without having to watch for strollers being run into the back of your feet while walking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom