When family or Friends joke about your love for Disney

real mad hatter

Exactly.

I used to care, but am past it.

Lost my grandpa a few weeks ago and my dad had to go through a quad bi-pass a couple of months ago. You never know what the future holds.

Life is too short. We live responsible and within our means. But we will plan for vacations and have no regrets. Seeing my daughter experience the magic that I never did and building memories is what life is about for me. If Disney makes you happy, then you should do it. If people don't get that, then it's their issue.

You got it spot on my friend,well said.:wave:

Uncle Lupe

Have you tried the Steven Seagal stare down? Then put them in an arm-bar and break it at the elbow. That could be taking it to the extreme. So walk the path of peace.

dixiegirl

Original Poster

Lost my grandpa a few weeks ago and my dad had to go through a quad bi-pass a couple of months ago. You never know what the future holds.

Life is too short. We live responsible and within our means. But we will plan for vacations and have no regrets. Seeing my daughter experience the magic that I never did and building memories is what life is about for me. If Disney makes you happy, then you should do it. If people don't get that, then it's their issue.

You know thats one thing I regret is my girls never got to go to Disney with my father inlaw....He was the greatest as a father and such an amazing grandfather, the kind that would do anything for his grandchildren , even act like a kid, ride the rides he really was'nt supposed to. Not a trip goes by that I don't say "god if your dad was here" to my hubby, especially about staying at SSR, he was a big golfer he would have loved it there
...But its is true, never know what the future may bring...And As I was just saying to my husband last nite, the memories we have going to Disney with our girls are priceless..From when they were babies to the ages that they are now (which are 11 and 8)...People may get it and then people may not..I feel fortunate enough to be able to Go to Disney in the first place and create those memories, we may not be rich but our memories., there is no pricetag that I hope as our girls get older will appreciate as well...

NYwdwfan

My husband likes to goof on my obsession - but I overheard him telling friends contemplating their first trip that anyone who has young children and considers vacationing somewhere else instead of WDW is doing their children a disservice. I guess being surrounded by my cloud of pixie dust has rubbed off on him! :D

sksowell

Stand Tall, Stand Proud, We are a Disney family through and through. Those out there that don't get it can continue to question but we won't back down :) Most everyone here on the boards feel the same way as you so you are in good company. :wave:

powlessfamily4

My boss thinks it's hysterical I like Disney. He views it as juvenile. Oh well, he skydives every weekend and I think that is just plain stupid! Do I bring it up all the time? Nooooo.... it is almost like people think they have the right to tell you how silly you are only if it's Disney. If I took cruises twice a year they would all tell me how lucky I am.

I love Disney and I will continue to visit my happy place. :)

rsoxguy

Yes, it's all fun and games until they need information and advice from me. Then I'm suddenly the equivalent of Albert Einstein wearing a mouse ear cap.

Coach81

i used to care, but am past it.

Life is too short. We live responsible and within our means. But we will plan for vacations and have no regrets. Seeing my daughter experience the magic that i never did and building memories is what life is about for me. If disney makes you happy, then you should do it. If people don't get that, then it's their issue.

+1 ;)

mickeysshoes

I get this at work. I have background and entrance audio on my computer, so I can hear the stuff I love all day. Yesterday my director listened to what was playing(Innoventions background audio) and said "Wow, you're not listening to Disney stuff"! :ROFLOL:

I listen to DTunesLive all day while at work. One day my boss walked in while Adventure land area music loop was playing and said what the hell are you listening to?? I told him its my happy place music and he would not understand. I have also stopped telling people that we are going back to Disney...The ones who need to know KNOW and the rest....who cares!!!!

Gaston's Pecs

I love how my friends bust my chops about being a Disney addict, but when they are about to book their vacation to Disney who's the first person they call for advice.

JIMINYCR

I love how my friends bust my chops about being a Disney addict, but when they are about to book their vacation to Disney who's the first person they call for advice.

This and when they who have no interest in Disney come over to the house they have to head up to the "Disney Room" just to see what new thing I've added. Then they pull out my notebooks to look at the selection of pins.

SulleyanBoo

Hello everyone, My name is Lauren and I am Disney addict :ROFLOL:

but seriously, I am and I couldn't be more proud of it. Everyone has things they love and Disney is mine! It brings me real, pure happiness.

As long as it does that for you, that's all that matters. I know family, friends, co-workers busting your chops can get annoying but I have learned to brush it off and hey, I can always listen to my "Disney Greatest" CD if they get me down and start to feel better! lol :)

yay for MouseJunkies!

pcarathers

We too have people who always ask us why do you keep going back? we always ask them, why do you go where you like to go? Not that I really care what they think or say...they're not paying for it!

I lost my 33 year old baby sister last Feb and it was her DREAM to take her 4 year old daughter there to meet Cinderella! (she was pregnant with her when she went on her 1st trip with her 2 sons). We were planning a trip to go back so she could take her daughter when she got sick and passed away. Well, my older sister and father and I made sure her dream came true and we took her now 5 year old daughter to Disney just last month! SHE LOVED IT! She wanted to send up a balloon to her mommy in Heaven and she even wrote her a note on it. so this is one of the MANY reasons we go and will continue to go back!

Uncle Lupe

My boss thinks it's hysterical I like Disney. He views it as juvenile. Oh well, he skydives every weekend and I think that is just plain stupid! Do I bring it up all the time? Nooooo.... it is almost like people think they have the right to tell you how silly you are only if it's Disney. If I took cruises twice a year they would all tell me how lucky I am.

I love Disney and I will continue to visit my happy place. :)

Natural selection may weed this one out.

raven

Had a friend once that ridiculed me on my love for the company. He said it was a childish, kiddie company from a man that made drew a stick figure....

I then added that Walt made that stick drawing into a global empire...and if he thought that he could do any better, I'd love to see it. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom