WHEN does your Spring Break start?

TLM323

It seems (to me) that most school's take the week AFTER Easter, (April 17-21, 2006) off, for Spring Break. Our school's are closed the week BEFORE Easter, (April 10-14, 2006) to incorporate the Jewish Holiday's. I wonder if the country is pretty evenly divided on this, or, if the week AFTER Easter is the norm?!? Let me know.

Just curious.
~ Tammy

jkrat

Our Spring Break is March 23 until April 2. Easter happened to be early last year and we were there the week after. It was so crowded. I am from Illinois. It is usually crowded but ok when we go.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Centerville, Oh - March 31 - April 7 (We're leaving 3/30 for WDW) However, it seems most of the Dayton area is either the week before/after Easter. It's a lot easier to find accomodations if you're not hooked to Easter.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Indiana near Indianapolis: March 31 to April 9

We don't get any time off for Easter......

March 31 is a Friday and is a Flex day, a day built into the schedule in case we have to make up a snow day etc, hey, gives us an extra day at WDW........can't wait to be at the World......15 days!!!

Upvote 0

disneyislove

Up in the northeast, most schools have Good Friday (April 14th) off, and the following week. We went to Disney two years ago on Easter and we left on the Thursday and came home the following Wednesday, and the parks got more crowded as the week went on. However, the crowds were not unbearable, have a good vacation, I wish I was going in April! :p

Upvote 0

Kadee

Gulf Shores, Alabama: Ours is March 20 - 24.....NEXT WEEK! I am SO looking forward to some time off (I'm a teacher). I wish I were going to WDW, but we're not. Ours is early because we get out mid-May.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Kadee said:
Gulf Shores, Alabama: Ours is March 20 - 24.....NEXT WEEK! I am SO looking forward to some time off (I'm a teacher). I wish I were going to WDW, but we're not. Ours is early because we get out mid-May.
I wish I were going down to WDW also. :( There's a chance I may be going the last weekend in April though. :sohappy:
Shelby County (in Alabama) starts theirs tomarrow. :sohappy: Tomarrow is a teacher work day and next week if the official Spring Break.

Upvote 0
Last year we were off Good Friday and the following week. This year it is the week before with the following Monday. So for us, it just depends on how late in the year Easter is, but it is always the week before or after.

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

I am from Massachusetts...I am pretty sure Connecticut is the week before Massachusetts and Mass is the week after Easter this year. Starts Good Friday and goes through the to next week.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Here in Columbia, University of South Carolina had week of March 6-10. (classes end for the semester in late April)
Local schools are taking April 10-14.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom