WHEN does your Spring Break start?

TLM323

It seems (to me) that most school's take the week AFTER Easter, (April 17-21, 2006) off, for Spring Break. Our school's are closed the week BEFORE Easter, (April 10-14, 2006) to incorporate the Jewish Holiday's. I wonder if the country is pretty evenly divided on this, or, if the week AFTER Easter is the norm?!? Let me know.

Just curious.
~ Tammy

Woody13

Along the Florida Gulf Coast, we're a destination area for many spring break participants (i.e. Panama City, Destin, etc.). For us, spring break started last week. The highways are jammed with cars and the gas prices have jumped to $2.55 a gallon. All the local hotels and motels are booked solid from now until past Easter.

As soon as the spring breakers leave, gas prices will fall back to their normal level. Our area makes a lot of money from spring break! :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Woody13 said:
Along the Florida Gulf Coast, we're a destination area for many spring break participants (i.e. Panama City, Destin, etc.). For us, spring break started last week. The highways are jammed with cars and the gas prices have jumped to $2.55 a gallon. All the local hotels and motels are booked solid from now until past Easter.

As soon as the spring breakers leave, gas prices will fall back to their normal level. Our area makes a lot of money from spring break! :wave:

Thats the normal price for Regular here. :wave:

Upvote 0

Woody13

tigsmom said:
Thats the normal price for Regular here. :wave:
Early last week we were paying $2.19 a gallon. I was filling up some of my hurricane gasoline cache in preparation for the upcoming season. Now, I'm using that same gas to fill my cars! :D :wave:

Upvote 0

HiddenMinnie

GoofyMom2 said:
Indiana near Indianapolis: March 31 to April 9

We don't get any time off for Easter......

March 31 is a Friday and is a Flex day, a day built into the schedule in case we have to make up a snow day etc, hey, gives us an extra day at WDW........can't wait to be at the World......15 days!!!

I was getting ready to post.....but GoffyMom2 did it for me!! We live in Noblesville, IN and ours is also March 31-April 9. Although we are not going to WDW on spring break:( . We will be there the end of July!!

Upvote 0

kimluvswdw

Spring Break

We live in Virginia Beach and the spring break here is April the 10th thru April the 14th. We will be headed to the Fort on the 5th of April thru the 15th of April. Can't wait!!!!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

My son (college now) went to Catholic school for 13 years and his Easter Break was half day on Holy Thursday, off Good Friday and off the week after Easter every year. (I say Easter Break since it was Catholic schools, they didn't get a "spring" break.)

Upvote 0

TLM323

Original Poster
WOW! I can't believe that there are so many DIFFERENT weeks! Thanks ALL!

WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 18 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

duchess1576

YEAH! Out of everybody's vacations, nobody's is during the week I'll be in WDW! That means low crowds hopefully!

Here in northeast Connecticut, our Spring vacation is April 17-21, the week after Easter.

Upvote 0

Kadee

pinkrose said:
I wish I were going down to WDW also. :( There's a chance I may be going the last weekend in April though. :sohappy:
Shelby County (in Alabama) starts theirs tomarrow. :sohappy: Tomarrow is a teacher work day and next week if the official Spring Break.

We had a half day today. Principal let us go early!!:sohappy: It feels so good to be off of work for a week. Hey Elizabeth.....Swing by Baldwin County and pick me up if you go in April!!!! I'll even ride in the trunk!:lol:

Upvote 0

drp4video

spring break

IN Detroit and burbs, spring break is April 14...Good friday and the following week. It is always the week of Easter. I am going March 28 and 29th!

Upvote 0

Pongo

Well. I know UF and some other Florida schools had their spring break this week. I know at least one Orlando area high school finishes up their spring break today. I know some Tampa area high schools have spring break NEXT week. My spring break (east coast central FL) starts the monday FOLLOWING the one in a few days.

It's staggered all over the place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom